A few questions from a foreigner

Hum… What is this Unicode 8? Some tool to implement new letters to the game?

Encoding. Save your .txt files with UTF-8 encoding.

I’m sorry but i’m not a coding expert and even less in english… UTF-8 is supposed to replace the “txt”?

(I hope no one minds, I’ll answer this question in French so as to make it easier for Le_zoru to understand the information ! I hope I’m not disrespecting any guideline or anything, I’ve read trough the FAQ and browsed the forum but haven’t found any listed rules for the forum languages or anything…)

Salut ! UTF-8 c’est le format d’encodage de ton fichier .txt. Quand tu enregistres un fichier .txt tu peux choisir l’encodage, ce qui correspond en gros aux caractères que le programme pourra afficher. en UTF-8, tu peux lire les accents tandis que sous d’autres encodages, un point d’interrogation s’affichera à la place parce que le caractère ne sera pas reconnu.

3 Likes

I don’t know if i can post it here but the other topic got closed so…

Back to my question how to update a topic?

I had created a topic some times ago of my wip’s link but it didn’t got closed. I updated the game and I would also like to update my topic so that the readers can see it on the forum page without that i create a new topic.

You can change the topic title by clicking the pencil next to it when you scroll up to the first post.

For updating (as in pushing it up) simply post a new reply on the thread, best informing the readers the game has updated.

Godspeed

This is mobile but the same principle applies

What you’re asking is “bumping,” not “updating.” That’s why we all got confused.

Simply post something as reply in your thread, and your thread should get bumped to the top.

Oh! Sorry for writing “updated” instead of “bumping”. I’m not fluent with english. A big thanks to all of you.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. It’s technically the same thing

1 Like

Okay merci je vais voir si j’arrive à régler ça !

(back to english)
And when this " It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block." error appears about the “#” line of a choice, do you know if it concerns the previous or next block? i found it in none though…it’s illegal to insert a *fake_choice inside a *choice?

You can have a *fake_choice under an #option of a *choice, but you still need the *choice’s #option to *goto somewhere.

choices should look like this:

*choice
   #option1
      *goto x
   #option2
      *goto y

fake choice can look like this:

*fake_choice
   #option1
      text or stats stuff A
   #option2
     text or stats stuff B

text where A and B continue

OR

*fake_choice
   #option1
      text or stats stuff A
   #option2
     text or stats stuff B
   #option3
      text or stats stuff
      *goto x

text to which A and B continue
*goto y

*label x
text to which C will continue

*label y
text to which A,B and C will continue

inserting a fake_choice in a choice like this:

*choice
   #option1
      question
      *fake_choice
         #optionA
            *set thing "A"
         #optionB
            *set thing "B"
         *goto X
   #option2
   etc

should theoretically work I think, but it’s messy. better split it into labels

2 Likes

Do you happen to have the Google Play Store on your phone (or other electronic device)? If you do, you can download this app called Google Opinion Rewards. You get store credit for answering different surveys. It’s not a lot, but eventually if you answer enough surveys (which, it should be noted are sent to you. You don’t choose when you can answer one) you should have enough credits to get one of the Choice of or Hosted games. Not quite the same thing as free, but close enough! And it makes sure every one is still getting paid for their books.

2 Likes

Tu peux télécharger DroidEditfree. Cet app te permettra de choisir le format d’encodage de tout tes fichiers. Et c’est super pratique.

MeltingPenguins yes I see it’s just that i had a fake_choice into choice into choice the test didn’t like i think…
Hattab05 je regarderai ça, mais si de ttes façons il faut écrire en anglais ça règle mon souci