A Drop of Night (WiP) (Demo Uploaded 04/11/2017)

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.

Luck/Propability Manipulation all the way. Never mind making your lottery ticket the big one. Snowball effects would allow you to shape the whole world if you applied yourself. Of course there are risks with the way Wildcard’s powers work but oh well. You gotta break a few worlds to make the perfect one.

14 Likes

Nah, luck is on different level from the other powers.

I mean, if you’re lucky, anything can be done, right? :wink:

3 Likes

you know…
my childish head makes me wanna name my character ‘Boogeyman’…
…sorry for the random comment ._.
but I like the ‘Deviants’ ; w;/

1 Like

I’m a little confused about WildCard’s powers.

Does he have the ability to know when something will succeed? Or can he actually change luck? And are the dice important?

2 Likes

@UmbraLamia

Ah, a question that I can finally answer!

Basically, everything relies on the dice. He needs it in order to use his power. Whether the attempt to boost luck succeeds or backfires depends on the number rolled on the dice. So yes, the dice is quite important to his setup. He’s not completely useless if you take it away from him-he still has natural abilities that he honed in his time as a cypher-but taking it away from him is basically the equivalent of cutting off the supply to his powers.

Long story short, his power to change luck…is based on luck.

8 Likes

Lucked-based luck powers. I don’t know if that’s lucky or unlucky XD

Hmmm, in that case are the specific dice important? What if they were to be… say… replaced with other dice?

3 Likes

Absolutely.

Revealing why they’re important is spoiler territory, so I’ll leave it at that.

Then his powers wouldn’t work. It’s as simple as that.

4 Likes

Exactly. Mook coming after you? Well what are the odds he has a blood clot from that lucky hit his sparring partner got in and it’s entering his brain just now? Government coming after you? What are the odds of North Korea really having that nuke aimed at Washington?

1 Like

Imagine Wildcard playing DnD.

4 Likes

But how many relevant rolls require 3D6?

1 Like

Ok switch to gurps every roll is 3d6 except damage…

1 Like

This is a really great idea – puts a limiting factor on what could be almost ridiculously powerful. And it’s such a logical, thematic way of doing it.

2 Likes

I gotta say, the current results of this poll have impressed me. Although, to those who have voted on Zero and Ignis, know that Karma is actually the strongest elemental on the team (not strongest Meta, strongest elemental). Zero may have more skill than him, but when talking about raw, unfiltered power, Rhys wins.

I must say, though: I don’t think I’ll be confirming or denying the poll results anytime soon, as it would go into spoiler territory.

And uh, yeah. Like I said, not much will be getting done today. I barely managed to catch an hour of sleep the entire night and my brain is completely fried from the exams and studying, so at most I expect to make a few edits here and there and call it a day.

14 Likes

Aw, take care of yourself and get some sleep! This will be well worth waiting for, I’m sure. :blush:
Though I totally understand de-stressing by diving deep into your writing project… :smirk:

3 Likes

@Ylva this sounds slightly familiar did you used to have a demo of this game up a while back?
I remember a demo sounding like this that I think disappeared into the forum.

Edit: found it it was called phobia
You controlled darkness. Kinda sorta like this game but it wasnt finished a continuation of a idea by someone but I think it was halted.

I do like the game idea you have though and it’s descriptive of the characters. The cast reminds me of firestarter.

How strong is the mc?

Wew, lad.
This certainly seems like it’s going to be good WIP, what with how much detail was put into just the summary of the story and its characters.
Good luck with exams and whatnot though, should probably be studying for mine too tbh.

2 Likes

Update:

Ylva has informed me that college has screwed her over once again. Therefore, no new parts have been added and she will not be able to work on the game until next weekend.

Thank you all for your patience.

23 Likes

Looking good man. Will wait for the demo.

Update from Ylva:

She currently does not have internet, and has been screwed over by life once again. This means the next update is once again TBA.

Thank you for your continued patience, folks! Stay tuned! She is not letting this go! Things are just getting very busy!

10 Likes