A Drop of Night (WiP) (Demo Uploaded 04/11/2017)

What about capes like worm?

About the conduits:

After a nightlong discussion with my advisors/servants/fuckmates @AAO and @Voldy, I have decided to rename them Metagenetics, with Metas as a slang term, as those were the highest ranking terms on the list Iā€™d made a while back.

And because I feel this needs to be explained:

Jack and Jane arenā€™t the same person. Youā€™re not choosing their gender, youā€™re choosing which of them will be known as Psyche, which will have that power set. Their personalities are different, their reactions will be different, the time youā€™ll spend with them, if you decide to, will also be different.

And now a status update:

Another section of the prologue is now complete, due in no small part to Voldy, who literally wrote sections of it in addition to providing much needed advice on how long you need to choke someone for them to suffer brain death. AAO provided moral support.

So now I estimate it to be around 85% complete.

30 Likes

Voldy did wot now O.O
One has to wonder just how long Voldyā€™s been waiting to share that information with someoneā€¦

Btw, if we choose Jack, what happens to Jane?

Metagenetics seems like a nice term. Personally, havenā€™t seen that one being used yet.

2 Likes

Will they both exist at the same time?

4 Likes

If you choose one, the other will have been killed. They are siblings.

10 Likes

It was for a scene, mate. I know alot aboutā€¦certain stuff. Ainā€™t nothinā€™ wrong with dat.

6 Likes

How are their personalities different? Is one better at their powers?

1 Like

I knew it! Iā€™ve thought this from the start! Hah!

2 Likes

Jack for example enjoys metal music, Jane likes electronica.

Little things like that.

Not really, but there will be small variations in the scenes where theyā€™re used depending on who you chose.

2 Likes

You see, normally I always save the girl, but nowā€¦
Metal vs Electronic is not even a fair competition, good bye Jane you will be missed.

8 Likes

Easy fix! Electronic Metal! XD

6 Likes

@Voldy wait thereā€™s a character named jack and you have aā€¦chainsaw namedā€¦jack. Coincidence? I think not!!

4 Likes

It actually is. I only wrote a couple sections, Ylvaā€™s the mastermind behind it all.

Nice catch though.

6 Likes

So, Iā€™m sure some of you know me for my fuckton of polls. This is no different.

Who do you think is the most powerful Meta on the team based solely on their power descriptions and on what little has been specified about their powers?

• Revenant (ink and color)
  • Shodan (technology)
  • Ignis (fire)
  • Crow (density)
  • Smiley (audio)
  • Psyche (memory)
  • Bad Karma (lightning)
  • Bloody Mary (glass and reflections)
  • Number 8 (space)
  • Wildcard (luck)
  • Zero (ice)

0 voters

7 Likes

A status update:

Another section of the prologue is done. Now all thatā€™s missing are some last bits and itā€™ll be complete, so thatā€™s nice. It is now at 9k words and I estimate that after Iā€™m done itā€™ll be somewhere around 11k, excluding code.

I assume Iā€™ll be done by Friday at the latest, and then Iā€™ll start editing, which shouldnā€™t take terribly long since most sections already have been.

And now Iā€™m gonna go sleep, because itā€™s late and Iā€™ve got two exams in a few hours, one of which is Calculus. Tomorrow I probably wonā€™t get much done; Iā€™ve got two exams in the morning and then classes until 6 P.M., followed by a one hour drive. So needless to say, Iā€™ll be pretty tired, and thatā€™s counting on my insomnia actually letting me sleep tonight.

30 Likes

Iā€™m so, so excited for the demo!

Good luck with your exams!

7 Likes

As for your pollā€¦ I think some people are underestimating how useful control over density would be in battle. :wink:

3 Likes

This has my attention now. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what you wrote for this story, and good luck with your exams.

Excited for the demo, and best of luck for your exams!

And space! There is so many possibilities!