A Drop of Night (WiP) (Demo Uploaded 04/11/2017)

Some of you might be wondering “what the fuck happened to Mistress Ylva?” Here’s the short answer:

Life is a bitch.

And now the long one:

Some stuff is happening at my university and because of it my afternoons are now filled up, which killed the last dregs of spare time I still had. In addition to that, something’s wrong with my internet. I’ve notified the provider, but I know neither what exactly is wrong with it, nor when it will be fixed. But suffice to say I no longer have access to it at my house.

However:

You need not worry, work on the game has not been halted, merely delayed; I still write for it whenever I can and the prologue is now at 10.5k words.

If I actually disappear, you may ask @AAO or @Voldy what happened; they’ll probably know.

31 Likes

Ok so I know Wildcard isn’t an RO, but just imagine him trying to go on a date and using his powers to try and make it go smoothly. Of course, he keeps getting bad luck and things go downhill from there.

4 Likes

One week later…

Life is still doing her utmost to screw me over, but I’ve managed to get some things done. Another two sections of the prologue are finished, so that leaves three more, two of which are a bit short, so they shouldn’t take long, and another one which is much longer and has more variations, so it’ll take a while to finish. After that, I’ll start editing.

However, since Life hates me, I don’t know when exactly I’ll be able to do that. At the time of this post, I just finished an exam, I’ve got two more exams on Monday, an assignment due Wednesday which I haven gotten started on, and my afternoons are still full. Though, if all goes according to plan, they should be free again by Tuesday.

Current word count for the prologue is 11.3k.

26 Likes

If I got this right…I need to make 8 maybe 9 more sacrifices to the blood gods to get you more free time?

7 Likes
  1. College sucks. Needs to be at least that.
8 Likes

sees first post for first time

sees very stylized artwork that would give persona 5 a run for its money

I’m a simple person.

In all seriousness though, that level of quality in the art is fantastic, and it instantly made me hyped for the prologue. You don’t even need to read all the backstory and what not to get a gist of the game’s overall tone, which I think is a big plus. (Especially since, while interesting, the way the story is presented feels like a bad case of tell, don’t show. Blahblahblah exposition blahblahblah isn’t the most exciting way to present your game in my opinion.)

It’s sad that you’re heavily bogged down in schoolwork, but that only serves to make me even more hyped to have this game see the light of day. Just make sure to pat yourself on the back every once in a while and you’ll be able to get through this busy stretch.

I'll even make that frown turn upside down if I have to!

Smile

10 Likes

I’m in good favor with life I could Probley give you a little favor but life never gives anything for free.

"A bloodthirsty French Aristocrat, a bone chilling Russian Queen, and a merciless Norse Shifter."

"You are either on our side, by our side, or in our fucking way."

"Choose wisely."

43 Likes

Night Ruler ( my mc ) - I don’t care about you. Just keep out of my fucking way.

But I guess I will be killed if I said that :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Amazing! I cant wait to tey ot out! But is Reyes a romance???

I am on everyones side :innocent::smiling_imp:

Which basically means you are “in everyone’s fucking way” :laughing:

6 Likes

Reyes is not. (Plus 20).

4 Likes

Just my kind of gal.

By everyone’s side? Which ever is the most fun :blush: Though of course me having fun will most likely involve being in everyone’s way :laughing:

Oii thank you for the answer! What do you mean plus 20?? :sob: that is unfortune, i really like her but i could understand, yet i am curious… couldnt she be if people request it or as an secret route?

20 characters to post on the forum.

Reyes is not a RO.

5 Likes

That sucks, I found her interesting and she’s closer to my age too. First Rebellion now this character. People tend to want to write younger ROs I guess.

3 Likes

@Ylva Are you holding up ok with your busy college life?

1 Like