Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

GASP I SHOULDNT HAVE CLICKED ON THIS.

On my third play through, in fact I shouldn’t even be peeking through this thread. This entire thread is spoilers.

Sigh.

7 Likes

I made something in the Sims 4!

Brody Milford and my MC Juliette Wu scouting in the countryside.

(I know Brody prefers lacrosse sticks, but I couldn’t find one. Let’s pretend he chose a spiked baseball bat for this mission.)

16 Likes

(Sorry for the double-post. This’ll be the last one, I promise.)

And here’s Juliette and Brody hanging out in a tent during the first night on the hilltop (in Part 2). :smirk:

Have a close-up! :blush:

6 Likes

PTSD is an acquired challenge over the course of the game, set off by doing/witnessing some awful things. Could it be possible to have it at the beginning of the game for certain backgrounds?

2 Likes

Nothing to directly do with the game, but I was watching a video about Nicaraguan sign language, and how it grew and became a fully developed language of its own among the deaf community.

It got me to thinking how in a world where predators, like say Zombies, are attracted by sounds, etc. then I could see sign language could gain ground in a game setting.

12 Likes

Those pictures do look a lot like how I pictured Brody looking, but since my character is a guy, the MC is a bit off! :wink:

4 Likes

it’s been a while!

I’m updating this thread to let everyone know that in mid-December, I will be running a public beta of chapter 8 of Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven, Part 3. This will be a great time to provide early feedback and see where the game is going prior to the release next year. I will most likely test the other chapters in a public beta as well after they are polished. Part 3 is currently at 370,000 words, and I expect it will be well over 400,000 at the time of release.

I will update this post in December with more details on the public beta.

78 Likes

I wish you a lot of luck in your public beta, Jim.

4 Likes

That’s great news Jim, we all are waiting in anticipation for our favorite game.

ALL THE BEST to you:)

5 Likes

Nice! I remember the private beta suddenly dying off cuz it turned to Patreon members only.

Can’t wait to see the new content.

8 Likes

Does this contain new content that your private beta testers haven’t seen/tested or is it like a revised version of the content we previously tested ?

Was there a memo that was sent out about that saying we were replaced ? Because I never got that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t realise that

2 Likes

I never technically ended the private group, and it wasn’t replaced by the Patreon group. Sorry if it came across that way. With writing two games and still working a full-time job, it became a lot to juggle all of these separate groups. Also I felt Part 3 was not very polished and it was wasting the effort of my private testing group to offer feedback. Now that Out for Blood is nearing the finish line, I have time to devote to ZE:SH.

24 Likes

Finally some good news to lighten my mood, one of the few zombie related games I adore! I wish you great luck Jim!

6 Likes

Oh I am Looking forward to seeing the finished Version of Out for blood, the writing is so great and I really like it. But great to hear that Part three is Back in the upper part of your list. I am Looking forward to it, too.

9 Likes

YAY! I can’t wait to see how my relationship with my imaginary girlfriend develops! :wink:

4 Likes

I just found a bug in part 1. When I tried to trick my nephew to go upstairs so he wouldn’t see tv news, it’s said he walked the dog upstairs, but my pet was a cat

This doesn’t count as spoiler, right :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Who is Billie?
And where our MC meet her?

1 Like

Billie is a woman. She’s your neighbor when starting off in the countryside

8 Likes

What?! There are ZOMBIES?! :upside_down_face:

1 Like