WIP: "The People of the Frontier" Main Thread (Sci-Fi)(~22K words excluding commands) (Updated 09/26/2026)

I’ve been slowly slogging through my labor of love, “The People of the Frontier”

Demo Here: CoGDemos

SUMMARY:

You will play as a Captain of a Carrier Battleship in the Terran Federal Republic Navy. A multipolar galaxy sits in cold war stalemate as powers and ideology jockey for advantage and a rebellion sits in the frontier. The MC is in the perfect place to be pulled in all directions, from chaebol corporate families, young upstarts, political factions, and foreign agents. Make choices, build relationships, choose sides, or try to stay neutral in a heavily polarized world where choosing sides is both a safety and a cost.

ROMANCE:

Planned ~ 6 RO’s

CONTENT WARNING:

Alcohol

War crimes

Profanity

Violence

CUSTOMAIZATION:

Male, Female, Non-Binary. Most choices purely aesthetic as of now. Will update as things progress.

MISC. INFO:

I have been working slowly, but surely on the world alongside the book. I’m open to suggestions and feedback on anything about the project.

I will be working on it steadily.

2 Chapters available

UPDATE LOG:

SEP 26, 2026

Initial Codex Entries Added

Non-Binary Pronoun Options Expanded

Name Ordering Clarified

Minor bug fixes

AI Disclosure:

No — This project does not contain the output of Generative AI
Yes — This project contains the output of Generative AI

24 Likes

5 minutes in and already receiving threats from a commanding officer. I sense a stressful future ahead.

Really interesting demo so far, I look forward to seeing it continued.

Maybe let non-binary PCs choose how the crew address them? The mx feels a bit stiff in that context to me.

Thank you for the feedback. Ill definitly add that

I personally think that the opening text should probably specify that it wants your first name, as it’s presently a little unclear.

That makes sense

Do you mind enabling saving or a back button to help with playtesting?

Small thing: hit enter for this line to divide the paragraphs.


“Another day,” you say to yourself.
You pop in the stiff mouthpiece as the scrubbers clean your teeth, then spit the blue foam into the sink before placing the device in its washing stand.

I like the imagery used. Immersive.

1 Like

Back button is enabled at the top when I was play testing through the link. I’m not sure why it isn’t showing for you.

And thank you, I have a number of those visual hiccups I’ve noticed

Some of the buttons appear to you in your own games if you’re logged in on cogdemos, even though they’re disabled for someone else. If you’re unsure, log out and refresh (or use incognito mode) to see how it appears for others.

1 Like

Yep, it’s there even when not logged in. I’m unsure how to to fix that if it isn’t appearing for others

For those who have given a read, thank you first of all, but how did the characters and dialogue feel? I also tend to struggle with writing prose that isn’t filler

we are so back

2 Likes

i finished playing it and i really like it but i would like a codex or something to describe the alien species because i cant imagine how they look, sorry if its my reading comprehension other than that i cant say because its still just the introduction

Good luck

1 Like

I see the back button. Could be my browser was glitchy.

1 Like

All good, im actually working on a codex now lol, i’ll try to get it implemented fairly soon

1 Like

@moderators I need to update my post, but it isn’t giving me the option to

Fix’d.

thank you very much