(WIP) The Ascendant | 3 Chapters done 80k+ words

I’m pushing a new update out before I intended to right now. I was going to wait for the next scene to be done before updating but I am gonna push through updates to the current scenes right now. There’s tweaks, lore, gamemaster mode and a couple other things. With this update (as well as a small bit of my progress on the next scene) The game is now up to over 50k words!

4 Likes

How about getting an achievement for defeating Ash without game master mode? This will make things fairer, captain :wink:

Note: just when you have time don’t overwork youself!!!

Here :cookie: !!! as payment you have won a cookie

3 Likes

I haven’t touched achievements yet but I will make a note to do so when I do, good idea, thanks!

2 Likes

@William5738 i like the inprovements thus far will note theres a couple wording issues case in point when playing a female and merting the knight captain the first time right after ash asks to stay when he speaks of us you have " young her " it would be best i think if you use our character name. Still playing but when i get a chance i will try to get more i depth with everything.

2 Likes

I believe that should have been the name, thanks for catching it!

3 Likes

There was a couple other spots dimilar to that one but i saw where it started to get caught and name was used lol.

2 Likes

Damn, it’s where I initially was just self-inserting him, then went back over to change to proper pronouns and name where applicable, thanks for letting me know and if you find any more then please let me know!

5 Likes

Pushed a new update, It’s smaller than the last big ones because there is slightly less choice, with a few things needed for the combo of the aforementioned bullying events combined with something extra. I will likely add a chunk more to it before working on the next scene as a heads up. With that, I will please ask for your help testing this next almost 10k words, I am annoyingly close to 60k words, coming in at 59.95k words now!

8 Likes

your whole game is so pleasant and amazing, I love it :smiley: Ash is a lovely supporter of our MC (my half lycan MC is kind, confident, outspoken, defensive and merciful, a real knight) Oh dear, I really dislike MC’s big brother, he’s such an a** but I hope we can change his attitude, maybe we rescue him in the future. would be nice to show him that MC is so much different than the things people assume lycans are. I’m looking forward to more chapters!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I always love to hear feedback and this really makes me happy to see. I only have a rough outline of what each chapter will entail and like to fill it out with what feels right when I get to them. There are a couple good points for me to consider some sort of redemption for the brother and I will certainly keep it in mind for the future!

2 Likes

Hes more than an ass lol, he tried to group up knights to brutalize a child, which they had no issues with, nevermind being a whole racist.

2 Likes

(That’s why a redemption was never originally in the plans lol) But hey revenge always will be

Good my MC does not give redemption

4 Likes

What do you mean crashed out in the tournament my MC has win

2 Likes

Damn there must be an issue there then, I’ll take a look at the backend, sorry about that and thank you. Luckily that bug is just affecting flavour text so shouldn’t be a huge deal

1 Like

I believe I have fixed it, it will go out with the next update, thanks again!

1 Like

I knew a hater would something to MC but it hits harder when it’s from home. That’s just a whole new level altogether. It’s ripe for drama especially for later if the MC forgives it or not. I will be trying both routes when it happens

3 Likes

Thank you but can you give us more ruthless option against our brother like taking both his eyes out he uses the bow good luck using it with both gouge out eyes or give him a permanent scar

3 Likes

He is kinda necessary and I don’t know how somebody who only lives as an experiment while being despised by everyone could survive crippling the heir to the duchy. I’ll consider some more ruthless stuff, but crippling him to that degree probably wouldn’t fit sadly, I don’t like early game overs and that’s the only way I see that going. I usually like to try implement everything so sorry about that, but still I’ll definitely look into adding some more ruthless stuff.

1 Like

Okay if we cannot cripple him we can give him a permanent scar on his face like we scarred his squires then we can scare him

1 Like