(WIP) The Ascendant | 3 Chapters done 80k+ words

Yeah I’ll certainly consider that option, I think this issue will take a proper consideration honestly, just due to how precarious your current situation is.

1 Like

Okay I understand right now we cannot do anything to him but I will be just happy to know if the future will let us kill him slowly and also who have a higher status mc dad or ash dad and also I want to know can the MC ridiculously op

1 Like

I have a document which lays out max stats in each chapter as well as what your stats correlate to in the world. It will be possible in the future to become strong enough that no known race can beat you. In terms of the battle of the dads, Ash’s dad hands down. As a duke of a duchy bordering one of the groups they are constantly at war with, the duke is powerful but he is not as physically powerful as the knight captain. Sir Hadrian is, 1 on 1, one of if not the strongest human. If you include subordinates then the duke wins, as he has a large contingent of knights as well as a good number of soldiers. Simply; 1v1 Sir Hadrian wins, Including all power/influence the duke wins.

1 Like

Okay thank you answering all my questions and I hope I’m not annoying you with constantly asking and also I have two last question I want to know is there a possibility of adding cheat mode like from thousands of us wip god mode where the MC is basically from the jump is unstoppable force of nature or no you’re not planning to implement something like that and also will there be a poly relationship

3 Likes

No I’m not annoyed at all, I’m happy that people are taking an interest in the story I have created! I can consider a cheat mode, it never entered my mind before since if I wanna cheat I just enter the console, but I’m definitely down to include some sort of cheat option soon. In terms of relationships, I’m still unsure. I am more than happy to try add any and all suggestions but I am not sure yet on the RO situation. I am heavily Aro/Ace and irl I am literally repulsed by that. I am alright with writing that kind of thing, I just worry it will be clunky or subpar. I will be making a solid decision by the end of the next scene or at the latest the one after that, as your character will then by into the teens, so if I want to give the MC enough time to get to know people in this style of story it will have to be by then.

4 Likes

Awe, shame, then we had one more ally against daddy dearest :laughing: because I hate the Duke much more, he was the one who taught our brother such bad ‘manners’ (I know most people don’t like/love half breeds but the dad is the worst, in my opinion)

4 Likes

If it depends on me, they both will see Jesus🙏

3 Likes

I just pushed a new update, featuring a good few new small changes. I have added just under 40 achievements, a cheat mode, a couple bug fixes and a more ruthless option to scar your brother. This update pushes us over into 60k words! (Thank god, the 59.95k was killing me with annoyance lol)

8 Likes

Now I’m thinking if he’ll mufasa us.

1 Like

Will you always be banned from the joint training or can find a way to remain? Also will the brother be getting any repercussions for attempting to have all the squires jump the mc and lose still?

1 Like

I have to play again soon. I don’t recall the duel to well. They not really my interest is why I can forget it if did it.

Yeah the ban will be permanent but frankly not a huge deal, it just means you’ll be unable to train with squires anymore but honestly with what happened near the end, training with squires will be pointless anyway. In terms of repercussions, not really. He will likely be warned off by your father but not for doing what he did, but failing while doing so. He is a knight of the duchy, heir of the duchy and was performing the will of Celedeus so honestly repercussions will be non-existent.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, can I ask what it was about it that you didn’t like, or what you think could be changed/added to improve?

I’m going back through but there is another problem.

Not sure how old the MC is versus the five soldiers around.

A girl or a feminine enby may most likely need to be, not in same room of 5 men.

It could be corrected with ‘five protective men’? It would matter in subtleties. Darin protects the Marshal girl.

I am experiencing the tour atm.

1 Like

I didn’t think it would be an issue thanks to the need for you to live given semi-protection from the duke but I will consider it and maybe make a change for the next update, thanks!

2 Likes

Still going through but more often than not, creatives forget this concept.

Armor donned = license to slaughter usually, peasants avoid armored because those are considered on a mission that expects a fight with similar types.

Only armed and not armored = normal, not dangerous situation

If unaware. That is usually where a shield helps a lot. Surprises happen in that more than other.

Edit to add, not saying anything about armoring up to train. Just keep in mind for town sceneries when applied.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s probably a good thing it’s banned especially with what happened both for the MC and brother.

Father is probably a bit a annoyed at him for trying to injure/kill the MC since he wants to take advantage of our half breed status. Also embarrassed our brother for losing like that even with back up. My only question is if half breeds are hated so much why did our father would he have one as his child? Guess that’s a question to be answered later maybe by him when they both meet for the first time.

It was touching to see our first potential friend standing up for us even if we’re not friends.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s going to look bad even for him. Most of population might hate us but at least it’s kept to a minimum with glares or indifference. Bear in mind we haven’t any proper training yet with our knight so the MC would of been helpless if they didn’t awaken in time.

1 Like

I didn’t get thru the duels til now.

First: “Never can lycan scum never win against a pious and skilled knight” After mercy and kindness apparent against the squires, repeatedly. Then the brother shoots an arrow without being pious.

Best to leave before he becomes Duke.

Second: “For your actions, your punished.”???

Odd when didn’t hurt anyone. Of course the heir can lie, but again, apparently was merciful and kind, again. This time Captain was witness to it.

Makes sense if I went feral. Doesn’t when didn’t. Need a different excuse. “As you show too much power and skill, you are to only duel knights.” Or whomever he claimed we can.

Anyone going violent route will end up fighting the young Duke heir to death.

Non violent directions with proof of being a pious and skilled knight should have more backing. Squires not getting hurt would have fear, and respect, not as much hatred. IF they ARE pious that is.

2 Likes

I’ll give it another look over and some tweaks, I agree I should probably change the wording of the restrictions for a very good MC. In terms of the piety comment, it’s a degree of hatred that they consider literally anything negative against the MC as pious. The Knight Captain only witnessed the very end, once everything was over as well, despite his lack of pre-judgement on the MC he is still incredibly loyal to the duke and duchy. If he was ordered to do something, as long as it wasn’t against his daughter (or potentially MC in future), he would do it. I don’t know if that clears everything up but feel free to ask again if needed, other than that I will definitely go over it again soon and tweak it with this in mind, thanks!

4 Likes