[WIP] Sanguine Sky [96k words] [Updated: 11/05/2024]

You know, I was wondering if it was more “specifically” or “specifics”, but maybe it’s just my Engliah-as-foreign-language speaking.

2 Likes

Actually, I think that could work, but specifically sounds a lot more natural to me. If it was specifics, that would make sense but still sound a bit odd. In that case I’d use, “due to your work… duties/tasks/details”

1 Like

I’m glad. When it comes to the supernatural, I definitely prefer monsters to caring attractive vampires. Too cheesy for my taste.

But what’s the deal with angels and Lucifer? Does this mean that the biblical God also exists?

1 Like

Oh dear, :weary: I’m very happy to have discovered this Wip :sparkles:. I am eagerly awaiting further updates, and my word, dear author, there are so many ROs! I am not complaining at all. A couple of them are already in my sights​:eyes: :full_moon_with_face:. The plot does sure look quite intriguing! I love the variety of choices we are given 🩵 and of course the RO POVs :pinched_fingers:t2::pinched_fingers:t2: *chefs kiss.

4 Likes

I really like the idea of ​​seeing the characters’ point of view. I hope we see more of this in the story. The narrative so far is very good. Congratulations!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I have “monsters” instead of “attractive”. To me, they’re both, but it’s not about looks. It’s more about their abilities. Supernaturals know they’re better in so many ways, that’s why they’re so confident, and it affects how they’re perceived.

There is a hint of this in the prologue.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I changed it to “work duties”.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the story and characters!

Thank you! I enjoy including characters’ POVs, but at the same time, I don’t want to overdo it.

4 Likes

I personally think supernatural being who are caring can exist alongside those who aren’t, but maybe that’s just my folklore talking.

2 Likes

I meant that in Wayhaven the main cast were vampires like I described above and everything revolved around the relationship with them.

1 Like

I absolutely agree! Things aren’t black and white, at least that’s the idea I try to keep in mind when I’m writing.

Relationships are also the main focus of my story.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas!

It’s been exactly one week since the release of the demo. During this time:

• I corrected a bunch of mistakes in the demo. Coding, grammar, punctuation, capitalization. I’m so embarrassed there were so many! I promise Chapter 2 will be better in that regard.
  • I started working on Chapter 2. For now, it’s around 7k words (incl. code lines). I expect it to be bigger than the first one.

All feedback has been very helpful to me. Thank you, and Happy Holidays!

13 Likes

Really interested in this and love the way romances are going to be handled! Sidenote: As a detective in real life, it’s very calming for me to see it written about in quite a realistic way.

Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m very happy to know that I was able to get as close to realism as possible. Knowing you’re a detective, your praise means a lot to me.

Thank you for the feedback, and welcome back to the forum!

2 Likes

Chapter 2 sneak peek is out!

Hello! New Year’s Eve is almost here.

I’ve gotten a lot of support since the demo was released. That means a lot to me!
As a thank you, I want to give you early access to the beginning of Chapter 2. It’s short, but it contains introduction scenes with 3 ROs (R, T, and I).

Access to the sneak peek is available on the demo start page before the beginning of the story.

Thank you for your interest, and I hope you enjoy it!

28 Likes

When I was customizing my mc’s appearance, it said on the next page that my mc had noted his stubble. The thing is, when I had clicked on that he had a very noticeable scar on his face, the facial hair option was grayed out. Not for sure if it was just an overlook or something else, but I just thought you wanted to know.

I’m not sure I understand. If you selected “stubble” first, that’s what disabled reuse the option to select facial hair.
example

I created a save before I chose anything, so I did it more than once. The first time I chosed that my mc had facial hair, and when I got back to the choses, the scar options were greyed out. The opposite happened when I chose the very noticeable scar option. I can always go back and see if I just mis-saw. My eyes aren’t that good, so that could be a possibility for me.

EDIT: That is what happened. I mis-saw, and didnt actually see if I was actually locked out of the choices.

Thank you for taking the time to check it out, I really appreciate it! It’s better to be safe than sorry :>

2 Likes

omg I never clicked save so fast
all the heart interactions with the ROs are just straight up :cupid: :cupid: :sob: :sob: :sob:
thank you so much for this experience :sob: I’m super looking forward to the upcoming updates!

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

I plan to release the first part of Сhapter 2 as early access at the end of the month :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hello, I hope your week is going well!
I’m happy to announce that Chapter 2 pt.1 is already out on my Patreon page!

It contains 20k words (excl. code). Total word count for Patreon demo: 48k words.

Here’s the link!

What awaits you in the new update:

• Another haunting dream that raises more questions than answers.
  • A conversation with your sister that sheds light on your past. Define why you attended the police academy, learn how your and your sister’s paths parted, and why she returned to Fallenmor again.
  • Another conversation with your sister about your love life. Or, for those who aren’t pursuing a romance with anyone, an opportunity to learn more about upcoming life events.
  • A meeting with Mr. Mosley, the father of the second victim.
  • A face-to-face meeting with three new ROs, the CID team that was sent by higher forces to investigate a murder. Or so you’ve been told.
  • An opportunity to try to assert the right to an investigation or the option to choose to continue to follow protocol.
  • Learn more about what’s going on and find out what Morgan has to do with it.
  • The CID team’s POV about their true reason for staying in Fallenmor and how it may be related to you, the detective.

There are also 2 sneak peeks at Chapter 2 and 1 short story available for free on the Patreon page.

I haven’t decided when the chapter will go public yet. I’ll write a post here when I set an exact date.

Thank you for your interest!

17 Likes