[WIP] Omniversal Sleuth(Update: 30/05/2020)

I’ve begun work on my new game Omniversal Sleuth. In it, you play as an Interdimensional Detective who must solve puzzles and escape an mysterious captor when he and some other people are teleported to an unknown dimension.

Currently it’s about one chapter done, and I don’t have a fixed deadline, but would upload soon.

In the game, you will recall various mysteries from your past investigations, and these will mostly comprise the game.

I have some mysteries planned:

A Faerie Wordpuzzle mystery
A Werewolf being framed.
A superhero murder mystery.
I would be real glad if you would like to share any ideas which I would surely enjoy working on.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/swarajwrites/omniversal-sleuth/mygame/

Update Log 27/04/2020:

1. Added selection of name.
  2. Added Stats Page.

Update Log 30/05/2020:

1. Added diversity in last names.
  2. Corrected typos and grammar as according to @cup_half_empty.
15 Likes

So far so good! I’m enjoying this game :slight_smile:
Got a couple of questions though, why the lack of diversity in the last names? Will we be hopping from dimension to dimension or are the paranormal creatures existing in the same place superheroes exist? Will we be able to toggle the difficulty of the mysteries or will we be provided hints if we get stuck? Is discovering the identities of the abductors a mystery we solve like the others or something we will always learn as the story goes on?

Anyway, count me in the number of people who’ll read your next update.

It sounds intriguing,I’ll give it a go

It was great.

Thanks @Book_Devourer

Sounds interesting I’ll have a go

I already like the premise

Thank you @Harley_Robin_Evans and @Miridicent

Not sure if many people will get this, but

Back on topic, the premise sounds intriguing, so I’ll be checking this thread. Wish you good luck and best inspiration for your work!

Thank you @Darakkuu_Nobelu

Intriguing!

Only problem for me was that the game crashed when I tried to look at my stats. Perhaps you should at least make a placeholder so that readers don’t have to start over?

1 Like

Actually I haven’t included stats yet. so it crashed. Sorry.

I thought so, that’s why I recommended a placeholder stat page. :slight_smile:

To be honest I don’t know what a placeholder means

Something you put in the place of something to do later

Oo. Thanks

Thanks a lot for informing me of your opinion.

I will try my best to provide diversity in the last names.

And yes we will be hopping from dimensions to dimensions, but that would have happened in the past, and the MC will recount those tales to Rate.

I am not that good at programming, and this is my first story, so I am keeping things simple. No difficulty settings or hint yet.

As for the abductor’s identity, that is something in the storyline. But I am keeping it a secret for now.

Again thanks.

1 Like
Typos and grammar
  • line 87

Detective, we know that among these people you.

I think you meant Detective, we know that you are among these people.

• line 91

But they doesn’t know which among the people is you.

But they don’t know which one among the people is you.

• line 93

(…), your identity is needed to be kept a secret.

As a general rule of thumb, avoid the passive voice. The active voice most times reads better. E.g.: (…), you need to keep your identity a secret.

• line 175

Minutes go by and the cop continued pondering over the question.

Minutes go by and the cop continues pondering over the question.

• line 250

“Well done, Detective. We expected nothing less from you,” The voice says. “As a matter of fact, we are quite optimistic about your passing the test. But since you were promised enough between questions, the next question shall be asked three days later.”

“Well done, Detective. We expected nothing less from you,” the voice says. “As a matter of fact, we are quite optimistic about your passing the test. But since you were promised enough time between questions, the next one shall be asked three days from now.”

• line 252

The voice continued

The voice continues

• line 260

“We hope the chamber is to your liking, Detective and we believe you do not require a crash course on how the things here operate,” The voice returns. “However the others are not so familiar with Omniversal equipments as much as you are. They are going to need our assistance, and we shall not like to keep them waiting. As promised, you shall be asked the next question three days later. We shall be seeing you then.”

“We hope the chamber is to your liking, Detective, and we believe you do not require a crash course on how the things here operate,” the voice returns. “However the others are not so familiar with Omniversal equipment as much as you are. They are going to need our assistance, and we should not like to keep them waiting. As promised, you shall be asked the next question three days from now. We shall see you then.”

• line 264

You spend the next few minutes trying to make sure everything in the room works fine. Neither you nor the cop speak to each other, and the silence that surrounds you gradually becomes intolerable.

You spend the next few minutes trying to make sure everything in the room works fine. Neither you nor the cop speaks to each other, and the silence that surrounds you gradually becomes intolerable.

• line 393

Now question is, are you going to reveal your name to Raye?

Now the question is, are you going to reveal your name to Raye?

I like the concept, especially if you go down the “escape the room” route. But I think the puzzle should be more challenging. Good luck and happy writing.

@cup_half_empty I can’t even imagine where to start to thank you, mate. I really appreciate you taking your time, and reviewing the game. I will work on my mistakes, and I hope the game lives upto your expectations.

1 Like

I posted a new update.

2 Likes