(WIP) Grim Adventures

I’ve begun work on my new game Grim Adventures. In it, you play a prodigal young adventurer of the Indigo Guild. Choose your backstory to flesh out your starting attributes and decide how to build your legacy!

Grim Adventures takes a different approach to “Adventuring” and “Quests”. The world will have a similar set up to an RPG Fantasy or Isekai, but will be much more raw.

Currently, I am still in the first act out of 10 (subject to change), roughly 10k Words done, and I plan on updating regularly as I am now retired.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/go/15971

Version: 1.1 Quick Fix

• Resolved bug in Prologue, you can now conversate with the noblemen before setting off
  • Resolved bug in actone, you can now position yourself with the twins before battling the goblins, as well has finish the battle scene and reaction from noblemen.
  • All other paths with errors marked “UNF”
71 Likes

Found a error.

Selecting the arcane option will give me this.
actone line 205: bad label act1.9

2 Likes

Really cool so far.
I can tell I will like reading this.

Error found
Action line 98: invalid indent, expected at least one ‘choice’

1 Like

I love it, it’s amazing and fun. Got an error when I want to help the new adventurer when the goblins attack. Action line 232: bad label lead1

2 Likes

Well my finding is same of the above.

1 Like

Hello everyone, first off, thank you for the feedback! Honestly this community continues to impress me.

I’m seeing what I need to fix and will likely disable the demo down until I can get my corrections updated. Learning my way around DashingDon lol.

Thanks again guys!

5 Likes

update:

Version: 1.1 Quick Fix

• Resolved bug in Prologue, you can now conversate with the noblemen before setting off
  • Resolved bug in actone, you can now position yourself with the twins before battling the goblins, as well has finish the battle scene and reaction from noblemen.
  • All other paths with errors marked “UNF”

The older code was uploaded and the new code was corrupted, will get this resolved soon :slight_smile:

More to come: More options throughout Prologue and Act 1. If there are any options you’d like to see added please feel free to let me know! One of my primary goals for this game is to be intensely variable.

9 Likes

I like it

1 Like

Then let’s try again😁.

1 Like

I like the writing style. It really feels like some Isekai or fantasy Anime. I hope we will be able to give our MC a visible personality, like maybe a stubborn and energetic adventurer who likes to fight monsters and bringing themselves in trouble without knowing it or something like that. It’s just the start of the demo, so I am sure it will be a very good story. So far it’s very interesting!

1 Like

Very interesting I really like the ability to hear internal thoughts and see the general reaction of our actions I’m definitely keeping this one in my sight keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Even though it the prologue I enjoyed it. I look forward to future updates

1 Like

Okay, I like it.

Just a suggestion notify the reader when changing perspective like adding.

“Count point of view”

Before changing point of view

1 Like

I like the premise so far, isekai and RPG, can’t go wrong with the general appeal. I also like the inner dialogue of the other characters. Only issue I see is the changing perspectives can be confusing at times.

And if I may, the pacing of the story and dialogue would be a worthy thing to focus on. Feel free to flesh out the environment and characters some more, introduce the world, have the characters go beyond a 2D personality (including the MC). Although, there’s also nothing wrong with have any character having a straight forward personality, not everything has to be so complex of course.

Nevertheless, best of luck on the story if you choose to continue it (I hope you do, there’s always potential to be taken advantage of)

EDIT: Also, if you do choose to continue, edit the main post to organize sections like “Summary,” “Update Log,” “Bugs and Fixes,” “Feedback I’m Looking For,” and even “Romances” if you plan on introducing it. A lot of readers here are into some good ol romance, although of course not needed to make a killer story.

3 Likes

Question feel free to answer or not since it’s really early but how large are you hoping to make this story something short medium or maybe a larger type of story?

1 Like

I intend on making this a large story (as ALL of my favorite games are, Tin Star, Wayhaven, Golden Rose, etc), creating the backstory, starting at 16, and playing through the life of the adventurer (which can end and different points).

Hey @Akoa just in case this doesn’t show correctly this reply was to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted, I’ll be sure to add your suggestions in the next update :slight_smile:

Glad you pointed this out, I was worried about pacing, didn’t want to lose too many readers while painting the setting.

As far as the MC personality, that scene’s coming up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like it so far. Is martial arts unarmed or armed? Curious because you can go both ways with it i hope you can choose between the two

1 Like

As of right now it isn’t specified but I’ll find a way to make it work

1 Like