[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

I’m a sucker for that kind of romances x33
Does that mean Azrael is a RO?
Also was he always in love with Uriel?

3 Likes

I’m happy you did!

That’s correct. When an Angel/Archangel (It’s very, very, rare for a powerful Archangel to die) dies, they are normally and almost always reborn as a human, and then when they outlive their human life and die, they then once again become an Angel. Creating a cycle of rebirth.

You see, they are unable to be reborn as angels OR demons - both of these races are the two Original races created at, well, Creation. (alongside humans eons and eons later.) Both races were created as a “Counter Balance” to one another. One, the Angels, normally reside within the Overworld (often referred to as “Heaven” by humans), and the Demons reside in the Underworld (often referred to as Hell, Tartarus, etc.)

Normally, the two would be restricted in the Overworld and Underworld, but with the Between (If you’re a sharp reader, you’ll notice Uriel actually mention this)/ (Earth, the Galaxy in general) these two Races can meet and mingle, and race Wars with one another… And have children. Neither race is “allowed” to enter into the domain of the other.

An Angel can be reborn into a Nephilim OR Fae. And a Demon can be reborn into a Jinn or a Fae. But an Angel can never be reborn as a Jinn, or a Demon a Nephilim.

Reason: Nephilim are the mixing of Angels and Humans, while the Fae are the mixing of Angels and Demons, and finally, the Jinn are the mixing of Humans and Demons. Seeing as there’s shared blood between some of them, the rebirthing always limited to shared blood between race. (sorry if this is confusing.)

This is something that I’ve also made up and really doesn’t have much to do with Biblical knowledge.

But, it takes truly powerful circumstances of events for an (arch)angel to be reborn as a Fae or Nephilim… something which that will be explored, as it’s almost impossible. The same goes for Demons being reborn as Jinn or Fae.

With this in mind, it’s safe to assume that almost all Angels and Demons are reborn as humans.

Bonus content:
Part One of the prologue, in Russia, is of your mothers early life! Make of it what you will. wink

Yes, there’s a reason that Part Two is called, “A Dream in Wonderland” wink, wink, Uriel will be your souls first life, as s/he was created at the beginning, referred to as “Creation”, and has never died.

Yes… And yes. Ah, unrequited loves… I’m sure he’s almost always been in love with her/him, but he was always too scared to voice his opinion. That’s why I made it semi-hard to actually unlock the kiss scene.

I think, in all honesty, when you DON’T kiss (aka refusing it), it only makes the ending more heartbreaking. Even more so than if you were to kiss.

But be warned, that sometimes things follow you into the next life! (I’m talking about you, -25 relationship modifier!)

8 Likes

Ah, but we are the beautiful exception. Got it :wink: .

Also the cycle of rebirth is a wonderful idea. I wonder if these humans have special abilities in any way. wink like our mother wink.

I did notice Uriel mentioned the Between but I thought it was another name for purgatory lol. So Earth is essentially their battleground. Are humans aware of these other outwardly beings? With the destruction in the prologue, how could they not?

Oh man, I love it already. Badass archangel Uriel for the win :))

Oh Azriel. I hope his romance won’t be as tragic as it’s beginning. If you don’t mind me asking, what exactly drew him to Uriel? Was it the millennia of friendship or is there something more to his infatuation?

1 Like

Interesting. Is it possible that a demon/angel dies, is reborn as a fae, and then is reborn as the opposite of what he was before?
Also, since this world operates on a cycle of rebirth (wait, does that mean there’s no heaven or hell, then? Or is only for demons/angels?), I admit I’d be kind of curious to meet Naamah again, for maximum awkward conversation.

“Soooo… remember that time where we killed each other? Those were the days, heh?”

1 Like

Noooo ;-;

Well, he sounds like a bae so far can you tell us more about him?

3 Likes

Sounds like she was having a great time…:neutral_face:

Normally, oh hoho jabba no badda, I mean, what? Where did that come from?

When you think of the powers that humans can manifest: Think of witches, magicians, and sorcerers. Magic and the manipulation of magic normally comes from being reborn from a Demon/Angel
Nephilim, of course, is each born with their own Gift as well, which manifests around their 18th birthday.

Not normally no. Think of how, in our world, the Great Chicago Fire was blamed on cows and bad weather. Humans are surprisingly good at ignoring the mystical and magical going on around them.

Endless friendship eventually became endless love, in a nutshell.

Yep!

Well. There is no Heaven or Hell in the way of, “If your good, you go here, if your bad, you go there.” The Underworld is just as magnificent and beautiful as the Overworld.

You see, the Overworld is ruled by Seven “Gods” - extremely powerful, the most powerful, Angels. You could consider Uriel almost being on the level of a God.

While the Underworld has Seven “Lords” - extremely powerful, the most powerful, Demons. Naamah was considered as such. But not “truly” a Lord.

1 Like

It seems we’re doomed to fall for angels :laughing: .

Who doesn’t like having their entire family murdered? lol Hmm I’m curious about the mysterious man that saves our mother. Could he be an angel?? A demon? Maybe just a boring old human.

I’d be happy too! I’m a little while hehe. (sometime today!)

No one ever said being born a Nephilim was a Gift!

Just think of how discriminatory most Angels are towards them…
To the point of killing possible reborn Angels.

This shall be answered. Yep!

Also, for those interested, these were your mother’s Gifts:

Annnnd, if you’d like to know, I can also share your gifts with you, since it really wont be all that much of a secret.

1 Like

Interesting that there is no God or Devil in this universe, but then it begs the question: from where did this “Creation” come from? What exactly created these races to counterbalance one another? :thinking:

There is no true “God” or “Devil”, that’s correct!
The races were created by the “Creator”, or so the Angels and Demons claim. This can be assumed to be true, as the Humans were created at a much, much, much later date.

No one really knows what the Creator looks like, or where he is. He’s probably off surfing in Cali or something.

1 Like

So what are the criteria for going to “heaven” or “hell” in this universe? Are we going to learn more (and the truth)about the Creator, the Between (also what exactly is the Between) other racea etc.?

The second power is pretty sweet (HELL YEAH HELLBOY! BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES ABE IS BAE) but the first one not so much considering what the mother saw or might see…I guess we have the 6th sense?

I really wouldn’t say that there’s a needed criteria for going to either or. Simply luck? As for the Between, it’s literally the Between of the two realms. Think of Yggdrasil in Norse mythology. Or literally, a World Tree that connects from the Between to both the Over and Under.

Something like this:

Oh, and there’s also the Tree of Life, located somewhere on Earth. Where it is, who knows? But your mother might have.

As a side note:
In this story, Lucifer, rather than falling from Grace and cast from Heaven, simply chose to betray his fellow Angels and join the Demons, becoming one of the Underworlds Lords, as he was once a God within the Overworld.

Oh, your power is so much more haha. Gifts aren’t hereditary. It’s completely random what might manifest.

3 Likes

As promised…

The Broken Hearted:
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
Elbert Hubbard

Name: Azrael Wolfert
Race: Angel
Appearance: Roughly six-foot in height, with a strong and toned body from millennia of hard work, Azrael is someone who you could consider classically handsome. Brown-ish black-haired, hazel-eyed and soft-spoken, he’s always ready to lighten someones day with a random joke or quick smile and kind word.
Favorite Food: Eton mess
Hobbies: Writing, reading, sketching, collecting various books and art, swimming, gardening, and archery.
Other information: A well-known therapist within London, and considered as one of London’s most “eligible bachelors”, due to his good looks and calming demeanor, though not much is known about his personal life. Living within the district of Kensington, Azrael own’s a large manor and even larger garden, which he can often be seen walking through in the early dew of the morning and shimmering evening sunset.
To anyone truly watching, it would appear that he’s waiting for someone, or possibly even looking for them. As if a piece of him was missing, and he was waiting for it to fall back into place and make him whole once more.

When writing him, I picture Aurélien Muller:

But really, just picture him how YOU want too. <3
He is, after all, your bae… :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: (it’s really mystery to me how you peoples always found good picture of actors to be characters…)

Anyway I found one thing :point_down:

Summary

I think this one is better if it like:

waiting anxiously for your arrivals.

:thinking: but of course, this may just my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks for catching that! It should have been “for”, so you’re 100% correct!

Imagine me hugging you right now haha. <3

I just happened upon him. Handsome, huh? :smirk:

1 Like

O U C H

One can only imagine what he’s going to do when Uriel and him reunite :)) give me all the soft touches and “I can’t believe you’ve come back to me” looks

Iirc the MC is a Neph right? Part of my working theory why that is is because of maybe the blood of that demon mixing in with hers? Idk but shooting from the hip of speculation

x3 Just imagine the MC coming in for some therapeutic help and THAT happening to her lmao.

The MC is a Nephilim, yep. Her mother was one, making her one. But that begs the question of who daddy dearest is?

Anyways, since all of you have been so kind, here’s four more characters (without bios atm, but I’ll make them soon)

Widya Soraya - as Giulia
Race: Demon

Cristian Codrin - as Ashton Bell
Race: Nephilim

Nicolas Simoes - as Solomen Afzal
Race: Nephilim

marycake - as Eva Jackson
Race: Human

4 Likes

He switched gender lol

Well, he’s a bae I’m going after him x3

1 Like