[WIP] Beyond: Rebirth (10/12/17 Prologue Update)

I’m also still have little experience with ChoiceScript,

but perhaps it's because of this?

Beyond_code
For what is *sm_menuaddon true though? :thinking: because this is first time I see it when looking at code.

1 Like

I’ll remove it, and let’s see if it fixes it! :smiley: We’ll see in the next update, which I hope comes soonish lol.

I also have a question. Can you tell me what I might have done wrong with this line of coding?:

Error in coding

*if (meturiel = true)
Styled in the most recent fashion, your hair hangs in twisting ringlets, a style that the female humans have seemed to take a liking too. Reaching midway down your back, your…
#fake_choice
#bright auburn hair gleams in the candlelight, which are scattered throughout your room to help chase away the darkness outside.
Candles have quickly become one of your favorite things about the Between. The irony of how they burn brightly but eventually fade isn’t lost on you.
*set haircolor “Arburn”
*goto end

I think it might be the if (meturiel = true), but I’m not sure how else I would use it. I keep getting a “It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement””

EDIT; it’s funny, because I can look at code and tell whats wrong right away for others, but when trying to put together my own, my mind just freezes up and I’m so confused lol.

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t really help since I’m not yet encounter this error in my game :sweat_smile: since I have problem with spotting what cause of the problem, perhaps this thread can help? If you scroll down I think there someone who have similar problem. Also, perhaps make the code you posted preformatted (use the one with </> symbol to do it) can help peoples to spot it :thinking:

1 Like

I was able to figure it out! :smiley:

I’m happy to say that the newest update is out. It’s still short, but I plan to update it daily. So it should grow more with time!

EDIT; It would also seem that the save system isn’t wanting to work correctly, I think. So with the next update I’ll simply remove it all together.

EDIT x2; Save system is up and running correctly! Yay!

3 Likes

@xNaomi
I found two typo

Summary

Both “Discription” should be “Description

You gotta be careful though, there author who used to update daily, and in result she became ill because of too tired :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for finding those errors! They’re fixed on the live demo now.

I promise not to make myself ill! <3 A scene or two added a day would be perfect for me.
I’m just happy to be done with the descriptive coding and information haha.

I also want to say if anyone has any ideas for hair color/eye color they’d like for me to add, just ask!

Things I will not add are: Colored hair (blue/pink/purple), or purple/red eyes.
Reason: I want to keep it as realistic as I can to the Victorian Era.

Again, thank you, everyone, for taking an interest in this WIP! <3

6 Likes

(Couldn’t quote the spoiler bit)

I think having them labeled as the cities there in flows a little better than prologue one or prologue two.

Edit: Yeah, I made that :point_up: assumption thinking that you would have gotten rid of Moscow and Chicago and seeing that it does seem better.

1 Like

Hazel and amber?
Edit: Fixing typo :sweat_smile:

Ginger?

Also I notice that this gender locked female tags, but why we can choose the gender? :thinking: Are the one we play as in intro not the MC?

3 Likes

The fact that we could choose a gender, threw me off a little bit.

1 Like

I’m happy you like it!

The MC is gender locked as female, but you’re able to choose Uriel’s. I thought that might be a nice compromise. So yep! Uriel is not the MC.

The only gender that you’re able to choose is Uriel’s. I hope being able to do that kind takes away from only being able to play a female MC. :slight_smile:

I’ll add those in!

4 Likes

So, I ended up adding 2 new hair colors, and two new eye colors for the next update. These will probably end up being the last ones I add. :sweat_smile:

Now, for some fun, while I’m getting the next update going, here’s a song I was listening too that I thought matched Azrael perfectly:

In your eyes, there’s a heavy blue
One to love, and one to lose
Sweet divine, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don’t make me choose

2 Likes

ANNNNND! A small update has been added.

This includes:
+New eye colors (2)
+New hair colors (2)
+Expanding of Prologue: Part 2

Your battle with the Archdemon Naamah begins in the next update!

+Troubleshooting of coding
-Removed “Personality Traits”

5 Likes

Big update time…?

• Updates:
    +Dates within the prologue have been changed/updated
    ----->October 10th changed to October 9-10th
    +Changes to the beginning scenes of Prologue: Part 2.
    ----->It now flows overall better.
    +Finishing of Prologue: Part 2/Beginning of Chapter 1
    ----->Which will come out in sections; hopefully, every 2-3/3-4/4-5 days… Depending. lol
    ----->But seriously. Every 2-4 days will be what I shoot for!
    +Troubleshooting of coding
    +Code overhauling
    +Profile overhauling
    +Different profiles for which part of the story you’re in.
    ----->More of a QOA addition. But it looks soooo much better!
    +Adding of “Uriel profile section”
    +More perty pictures :smiley:
    +It’s almost time to meet your BFF!
    ----->…with the next update!
    -Removal of main MC stats at the start of Uriel’s section
    -The looks of Uriel no longer affect the main MC’s.
    ----->This means that Uriel can be, say, red-headed with green eyes, and the MC white-headed with violet eyes.

I tried to get it to dramatically fade in/out at the end, but I couldn’t get it to work XD RIP dramatics.
(just imagine it doing it, lol)

Here’s some music for the update, enjoy!

EDIT;;;

I just fixed a bug in the *labels, that rather than continuing with the game, it would take you to the very end. You should now be able to play through the rest of it! If this happened to you, you know what I mean! And I apologize for not catching it beforehand.

6 Likes

I liked the idea Uriel having the same characteristics as the MC but if it is easier for you then it’s ok :3

Uriel and my MC are Targaryans hoho

2 Likes

That was the original idea… But I figured that I might as well give the option to appear different haha.

Still, Azrael will be able to tell it’s you, even if you appear different!

I also again apologize that if you went to the kiss/don’t kiss scene, you had the end bug. You can fully play through it now.

LOL! I love it XD

2 Likes

Wait YOU CAN SMOOCH AZRAEL?!

3 Likes

Yes you can :)) it makes where the demo end all the more ouch worthy

2 Likes

I found it! I always pick the first option and I missed it! Well, now I’m sad but they are going to meet again right? oh the drama!

1 Like

That they are! <3

Well. Kinda?

It was short but I enjoyed it. It sets the tone well and gives you a taste of what’s to come. Regardless to say I am I interested in more :slight_smile:

Now a few questions:

You said that Archangels can sometimes be reborn and evidently Uriel was. But since our MC is a nephilim that means archangels - and angels in general - don’t HAVE to reborn as the same race? Could they be humans or something else too?

And because my Bible knowledge is next to zero could you explain what exactly makes a demon? Are they a race of their own or do they have to be former humans? Could an angel be reborn into a demon?

Also, that goodbye scene with Azrael was painful :(( You said he will be able to know it is us but how exactly? Through our soul or essence?

And lastly, if it’s not too spoilery, will we ever be able to regain our past life’s memories? Was Uriel even our “soul’s” first life?

1 Like