Will all future games be a "Free Trial"?

To be exact, my question is: Will all future games be “free” to download and you’ll be able to purchase the rest as an IAP?

I can see where the choice comes from, I’ve heard a lot of opinions that agree with it and I see that the majority of the costumers do so as well.

It’s just that, well, I have a problem with that. I in no way intend to say that my opinion/predicament is more important than that of the majority, but I though I should make mine heard.

For some reason, my phone is unable to make In-App Purchases (I seriously don’t know why), which means that everytime a game released here needs IAPs to have the full story unlocked, I am unable to play it. For example, I haven’t been able to play Pendragon, CCH (which I beta-tested) or MetaHuman Inc. which was released today.

Before, it was only one or two games that were released like this, but lately, it seems to have become the norm. And I usually get “hyped” for the game only to end up dissapointed by the fact that I won’t be able to play it.

My mom told me a few days ago, that for my birthday, she would buy me a few of those “Book-games” I like so much, and I’d like to know if I should accept this gift or tell her I’d prefer something else.

@jasonstevanhill @dfabulich

3 Likes

Hi.

I live in a country where it’s pretty shady to do money transactions over phones, so I wasn’t able to get any sorts of purchases for a while either, until I realized I could use Google Play cash cards or the equivalent for the Iphone app store.

They cost an equivalent of around $4 where I am, and they’re very easy to use.

Would that solve your problem? It did for me.

Are you using an Iphone?

If so the problem is most likely caused by a restriction. Go to the settings than the restructions and clear all of them.

@Mim

Yes, I know what those are. I have tried using them too, but it didn’t work.

@Imon

No, I use an Android.

1 Like

@Jjcb

Do you have multiple google accounts on your phone by any chance?

http://feedback.coachseye.com/knowledgebase/articles/496125-unable-to-make-purchases-android

A possible explanation for your iap problem: check your time and date settings and make sure they are set to automatic. I’ve noticed that by setting a date manually (to advance quickly in those horrible time-sapping tog games), iaps stop working. Return to automatic and they’re fine again.

1 Like

No, not at all. I only have one

@andymwhy Well, I haven’t tried that… I’ll have to check that out later…

We’ve done a lot of experiments on the best way to sell our games on the various platforms, and we plan to continue experimenting in the future; I don’t think we can promise to stick to one strategy or the other. But I can say that I expect we’ll release quite a few more “free to try” games on Android in the foreseeable future.

As for your IAP problem, you might consider buying our games on the Amazon Appstore for Android. Whatever problem you’re having with the Google Play Store probably won’t affect you on AAA.

4 Likes