Why are there so many HGs genderlocked to male?

I am not saying that there would be as many women as men. However, there can still be a significant number of female players to make the option worthwhile, something that EA and other companies realized, some sooner or later.

And it is funny to mention Call of Duty. While the Story mode is normally male only (though there are a couple exceptions depending on the year), the recent multiplayer has allowed for creation of females.

Something else to bear in mind…the numbers of female players has increased in those genres typically dominated by males in years past, which leads back to my point being substantial enough to make it a worthwhile investment.

As for the CoG line of games, I don’t know if they were able to get reliable numbers on the gender breakdown, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 50-50 (or close to it)

And if you were looking for numbers? Just recently it was posted that in the overall top 10 HG sales, as far as I can tell, no gender locked male made it. So if you are extrapolating for financial reasons, then being inclusive makes more sense.

6 Likes