State of the Company: 2018

Very interesting list, and congrats on having Vampire in there. I bet HGs like Life of a Wizard and Steampunk are in the top 20.

1 Like

I figure it may be because it doesn’t have the general market name recognition of Heroes Rise, but it does have the on-forum, “inner-circle” name recognition on account of being a Zachary Sergi production. And Heroes Rise and Zachary Sergi are popular on the big marketplaces, but they’re a touchy subject on the forum.

In the second part of her post, Jacic was talking about Champion of the Gods, which is by Jonathan Valuckas, the author who also wrote The Fleet.

3 Likes

Fixed.

With 20 characters, too.

That’s also one thing. But probably because they’re not required to post for the general public. Ex: private companies.

There are certain advantages. For one, it would appraise potential investors of the co.'s performance and possibly attract some of them in the process.

It would certainly help in planning a prospective project (should I decide to post one in the forums in the future). Figures also help in foreseeing the future of the company. I don’t think anybody would want to start a massive project and end up not being able to publish in case something goes wrong with the publisher (in CoG’s case, though, it’s not likely to happen considering how well the games are doing in the market. But it wouldn’t hurt to know.)

A lot of members in this community are not just customers but authors as well. They also derive income here although it may or may not be comparable to a day job. So members are also stakeholders here.

True. But some are required to disclose.

Anyways, what I posted is just a suggestion, though I realize it’s already irrelevant since I’ve learned (a few seconds ago) LLC’s aren’t required to make full public disclosure. Posting F/S is up to CoG’s sound discretion.

I do hope CoG would stay for a looooooooooong time. For the duration of my stay here (which isn’t very long) I find this place to be a great community for writers and readers alike.

Top 10 HGs (all-time).

Zombie Exodus
Samurai of Hyuga
Tin Star
Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
Community College Hero: Trial by Fire
The Lost Heir: The Fall of Daria
Life of a Wizard
Samurai of Hyuga: Book Two
Fatehaven
Life of a Mobster

32 Likes

Huh, little surprised SiS isn’t on there.

1 Like

Jim, Mike and Devon with 8 of 10.

It’s almost like they know what they are doing.

14 Likes

Nice! XD I feel so accomplished for SoH series even though I am not the author. :joy:

I may have missed this, but what’s the metric? Downloads?

4 Likes

My assumption would be revenue.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s revenue. Dragon was free but was a best seller because it apparently has such massive downloads that it kicked ass with ads.

2 Likes

Very interesting! Thanks again. Some expected, some surprises. I know sequels are supposed to sell a good deal less, so impressive to see the second Hyuga on the list. I actually thought CCH might have been higher.

I imagine a full list would be out of the question, as it might make someone feel lousy to find out they had the lowest-grossing HG or CoG in company history. But maybe one day we can get a top 25 too. Can’t have enough data!

5 Likes

I’m surprised tLT or CoD isn’t on there.

Just check for curiosity’s sake and choice of the robots has a 97% from 1,545 reviews… holy crap

Then I checked the other games and most have less then 100 reviews

Ah well at least all of them have above 80 in like percentage

1 Like

The games that are free to download will invariably have far more reviews than the ones that are paid downloads, but either way, 1,500 reviews is amazing, especially since they’re almost all resoundingly positive. More reviews almost always means better ratings, since it’s usually the result of fans flocking in to show their appreciation. Most of our games with low ratings only have a few reviews, which doesn’t help, but that’s to be expected.

However, people in Spain and other countries can speak basic English .

Did you look at total reviews for all of them though? I think the default is to just show reviews since the last update, which could be only a small portion of the total for some.

1 Like

As predicted, we (COG) paid our our millionth dollar in (published, outside author) royalties this month!

Let’s do it again! Only…not take eight more years!

47 Likes

Maybe four?

6 Likes