Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

mortal hero: patron of the gods. it has a variety of gods to choose from and i just honestly enjoyed how the story flowed. also adored the mc’s brother.

4 Likes

Isn’t that one still ongoing? IIRC the author updated their tumblr recently.

oh really? i dont keep up with tumblr often tbh. the thread is closed so i assumed the worst of it

Wish it was easier to know which WIPs are actually dead and which ones are in an indefinite hiatus

6 Likes

Oh goodness cracks knuckles
i’d bring back fox of sunholt and the caged songbird.
castaways was another good one, the unwanted warrior… oh man, land of slaves and steel and The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia! i miss those so much…
Abysm’s Veil too.

18 Likes

As far as I know, The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia is not dead.

3 Likes

Oh? i assumed cause the forum page was inactive lol

Its not?

That’s a very common assumption, but isn’t always true. Threads will be automatically closed by the forum software after 60 days of inactivity. This may seem harsh at first glance, but considering just how popular some of these locked topics were, leaving them open runs the risk of cluttering the forums and keeping newer WIPs from being seen.

Of course, lots of things could cause a short two month absence, and the most common explanation I’ve seen is simply that the author got busy or didn’t have the time. Regardless of the cause though, authors are always welcome to message us to reopen their WIP threads no matter how long it’s been.

Finally, as others have noted, a lot of these authors have a presence outside of the forum. Because they run these blogs or patreons directly, they’re usually the most up-to-date, so I highly recommend that fans check them up every once in a while to see how things are going.

5 Likes

@nulCat @Big_fan1231
The author seems to be still working on it, although there have been no updates recently and they are less active on their blog, here https://www.fantasyfawkes.com/

Fox of sunholt isn’t dead, the author is still actively working on it and their tumblr is active.

wait, what? last time i checked the tumblr was inactive since 2019…

I saw them respond to another author like last month.

on this tumblr?

'cause the last post is from october 2019 :sweat_smile:

Replies to other people don’t show up on your blog on tumblr.

i mean, still. even if they use their tumblr, i think it’s safe to assume that, since there’s been no updates (that I know of, at least) on the game’s status since 2019, it’s dead.

11 Likes

Rather than dead, I think it would be safer to say it has been put on hold. I don’t know any definite details on the WIP, but if the author states they’re still working on it, it’s safe to say they are – even if updates have stopped.

“a lot of these authors have a presence outside of the forum.”
ahh yea, i’ve noticed most have tumblrs or twitters too but well… i’ve learnt not to follow their blogs for reasons i’m not gonna get into, so the forums really the only place i thought to look, didn’t even think about seeing if they had a patreon…

6 Likes

Curious Cuisine was the first WIP I ever read but it’s kinda dead? Going through a rewrite? Too bad there are so few WIPS focused on baking and I was really looking forward to that aspect

Either way I don’t even know where it’s gonna be published but I know it’s not on the COG platform anymore

5 Likes

Twine as far as I know, but curious Cuisine is in hiatus