Whereabouts Unknown (WIP) (First Demo to come SOON)

Hello all! I’m here to announce my first ever WIP (and former CSComp 2016 entry before I had to withdraw). As of right now, it is under the working title of “Whereabouts Unknown” (a Rise Against reference for all of those who care) and is subject to change.

Basic Info:

“Welcome to Aterast High School! A top-notch boarding school for gifted Summoners from all around the world.” Or so says the informational video on this plane you just woke up on. You have no memory of anything. Not where you come from, who you know, what you look like, or anything of the sorts. All you know is your name, and even that doesn’t feel right. The concept of Summoners is a lost thought in the sea of questions you have. A quick glance around the plane shows that everyone on board seems to be a student, so deductive reasoning would make you one as well. Now all that’s left is trying to find answers to your other questions. Who are you? What year is it? Why are you heading to this school? And why can’t you remember a damn thing about your past?

(Theoretical) FAQs

Q. “What is a Summoner?”
A. A Summoner is one who possesses a supernatural ability to aid themselves in combat. Common abilities include fire, ice, healing, or the ability to (actually) summon a companion. There are a multitude of different abilities that Summoners may possess, and some are more rare than others. The MC’s ability is quite unique, but you’ll have to see for yourself if (and hopefully when) you read it!

Q. “How long do you plan on this being?”
A. Honestly, I couldn’t really tell you. I don’t know if this will be a solo project or if this will spawn sequels. It all just depends on what direction I take to get to my end point and how much I can come up with. As of right now, I don’t plan on there being sequels, but that may change!

Q. “How often do you plan on updating this?”
A. Another question that is hard for me to answer. I suffer from Writer’s Block quite often, so writing can be somewhat of a struggle for me at points. However, I hope on making updates maybe once or twice a month. Depending on my events that happen in my life (because yes, I actually have one) and college studies, the quantity/length of updates may change.

I’m really looking forward to seeing where this goes, and I hope you join me on one hell of an adventure as I make one of my first attempts at writing something of this size (and my first attempt at ChoiceScript)! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

15 Likes

I’d like to see where this goes too. Love the cross-over stories and it looks like yours is grounded in both original worlds.

1 Like

This sounds really interesting, I’d love to see how it develops!

Yeah I’m really interested and excited to see how this turns out.

Seems interesting…sure,I’ll bite

Considering the setting, I have a feeling this is going to be a wild ride,better use my safety belt