Where in God's name is the sequel?

@idonotlikeusernames

Interesting. Being straight, Jesse’s “cuteness” really didn’t factor into my thinking, nor did a desire to get past his “badboy” shell. Silas was very likeable for food, but not my type, and Clotho just wasn’t able to spark my interest despite being the right gender. The only character I found myself very much wishing for more interaction with was Estefania, whom I found both very helpful and surprisingly sensual once I got to know her.

I have to say I do kind of like Jesse, but only because I learned of his softer side. Sam who I help sometimes when playing a good vamp brings this on herself. She’s either willingly or unwillingly aware of what is going on around her and can’t even realize that when she is put in charge of Vicksburg that it is a running joke in the vampire world. I love Clotho and Silas and will romance both on any playthrough just because I think they are both unique and interesting and also because I think they are reincarnations. I’ve never really been attracted to Estefania, but I love her as a friend/sister because she is so kind (and surprisingly religious) for a vampire.

Ummm, Anyone Here That Really Wanted To Feed On Other Vamps? Just Wondering…

@jammy It may be some ideosyncracy in my personality but I just didn’t find Clotho that compelling. Maybe it’s because Vodun just isn’t something I find interesting. I didn’t dislike her the way I did Jesse, but I did find myself resenting the heavy-handed narrative for telling me how overwhelming my feelings for her were.

I agree with you totally about Sam, but she somehow managed to bring out my protective side. My character wouldn’t tell her this, but he looks at her kind of like a much cherished pet, a much cherished pet of whom he’s grown rather fond.

Even if I didn’t find myself gravitating towards Estefania as a romance interest, I’d still consider her a good friend. In addition, her religious bent is precisely why I was so stunned when I discovered how scandalously sensual she could be. I didn’t expect it from her. She definitely surprised me, for the better.

Had it been possible to keep Silas around as something of a friend without a romance, I would have. I liked him. I might even have considered him for the embrace at some point down the road.

Can we have romance option with samantha in cov2?
Please say yes [-O<

@Zed You can feed on vampires in this game.

i know but i wanted to do it and brag about it, or at least do it more than once.

I did it twice

@Zed Somehow I think the vampires in this universe view it in a similarly to the way White Wolf’s vampires view it. I.e. it’s a crime.

I liked Silas…

As for throwing my two cents in, among the main releases, my favourite game is Vampire, mainly because of the large amount of divergency whilst making me feel that the decisions actually had an impact and that I wasn’t really being forced to do it, allowing for a much re-playability. However, I did dislike the LARGE amount of skills and the apparent redundancy in some of the skills. To make the game better, in my humble opinion, I feel that the skills need to be streamlined.

With AotC, whilst a game I enjoyed playing, I prefer my games with more action, but seeing as the game is clearly intended more as a drama/romance game, it’s really my problem.

@Zed I’m not sure wouldn’t/shouldn’t dead blood be dangerous to a vampire?

@P_Tigras I understand where you’re coming from. But I believe there is an option to choose that you don’t have feelings for her which seems like you are playing/using her instead of being in love. As for Sam, I’m just meh lol like I don’t love her, but I don’t hate her and just like the fact she can teach me how to put my will onto mortals! And I love Estefania as a friend!!! I never thought of her as a lover but I’m not against it. But because she is religious she is unique for a vampire and full of surprises! (Like me but minus the vampire status lol). I want to learn more about her knowledge of blood though. I wanted to turn Silas, but damn my vampires gentle heart. I guess I feel more for mortals, or at least for me the two I knew intimately, were just great people at heart.

@Player Possibly if you didn’t get kicked out of town/let Jesse make a fool of her. But don’t worry I’m sure more attractive/interesting vampires will come out in the future! Sam was plain and oblivious if I recall.

@RDT You can make the story more action-like if you make your character always getting into trouble lol! And Romance is just a part of the story. In fact you can make just about any kind of blood sucker you want from Edward to Lestat! :slight_smile:

@jammy The game does give you the option at one point to choose that you don’t have romantic feelings for Clotho, but if you choose that option you dump her. She then tracks you down with tears in her eyes asking you why you dumped her. I did not want to dump her however, I figured my vampire would want to keep her around to enjoy her “exquisite terroir” much as we did with M Herbert. Yet there really is no option to continue playing/using her for her blood, or to otherwise keep the relationship casual on your end. You either dump her, kill her, or fall in love with her.

Personally I love pizza, and I couldn’t imagine the thought of never visiting my favorite pizzeria again. And while I’d definitely be willing to kiss a slice before eating it as a show of affection and appreciation, I do not however have romantic thoughts towards my pizza. In this game my character is a blood drinking vampire, and Clotho is like a very fine blood vintage, so I figured my vampire would see Clotho much the way I do my favorite pizza. Killing her would be like burning down my favorite pizzeria. Unthinkable! Dumping her and never seeing her again would be like swearing off pizza for life. Also Unthinkable! He was not however falling in love with his favorite food in a romantic sense however even if he was willing to show his affection/appreciation for its deliciousness. I felt unable to play that approach however unfortunately, and that did affect my enjoyment of the game somewhat.

@jammy Yup, for all her peccadillos, Samantha is a significantly older vampire from whom you can learn some cool powers. That was yet another thing I appreciated about her as well.

From what you’ve said, I think you’d probably enjoy Estefania’s more sensual side if you decided to explore it. My favorite scene with Estefania involves bringing her a musician and then staying to enjoy the show she puts on before and while she feeds. Your character needs to have rationalism>superstition (depending on your character’s religion the exact number required can vary somewhat) and hubris>discretion to get the best scene however, otherwise your character will feel either embarrassed or downright scandalized and spoil the fun by leaving before you can catch the best parts.

I agree that both Silas and Clotho are great people at heart, although on my first playthrough, a bug in the game left me more confused than angry/horrified over Clotho’s death.

@P_Tigras Oh! You learn something new every day lol! I didn’t know that option just flatly ended the relationship. Maybe they’ll update that to make her have a casual relationship. But they may have made her this “forced love” because she obviously has some knowledge of magic and claims to know how to cheat death (possibly reincarnation as Silas?).

LOL :smiley: I’m not sure if I could be a vampire 1) because of the eternal damnation and a close 2) Being having to give up FOOD! :slight_smile: and may I say your comparison of Clotho to pizza is like one of the greatest things ever!

I do appreciate Sam’s knowledge! I mean her turning my old friend into a vampire pissed me off a bit like “Oh Hell NO!” lol but then I was able to save the black man at the end and was like “Awwww”. :slight_smile:

I’ve never see that scene lol I’ll have to try it! I usually get Spanish lessons from her instead lol!

I hate all versions of Clotho’s death lol! All except maybe you draining her yourself are so irrevocably violent! >.<

@jammy Well I do always save her and capture the other vampire in Vicksburg.

See also always tells me what happened in her childhood but still I am tasked to find her offspring I experimented and made him my offspring a few times but to much of a hassle for a young vampire.

I play us a strong level 3 fighter level 3 charismatic level 4 intellect level 2
I would like to have willpower level 3 (real is 1) but that would require going through all that again in whole new version of choices.

@jammy

I think I could handle being a vampire fairly well. Personally I like the idea of never growing old and dying. As long as I could still have sex and eat pizza I wouldn’t mind the sun allergy or the blood cravings so much. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I was initially annoyed at Sam as well over her turning my old servant into a vampire, but he had gotten old and was ready for retirement, while she was very lonely, and more than willing to make it up to me by teaching me a cool new power. So I quickly forgave her. I wasn’t thrilled at having to go chase after her new child, but at least it was an excuse to leave Dullsville, er I mean Vicksberg. Although I have to admit, the whole depot thing was pretty fun.

Learning Spanish from Estefania? How…practical…of you. Bringing her take-out is much more interesting… :wink:

You can kill Clotho the first night you meet her without getting to know anything about her if your combat skills are good enough to avoid a knee in the groin. :stuck_out_tongue: So I don’t know about how neccesary the “forced love” is to the story. Nevertheless the Clotho story arc is a significant and meaningful chunk of your time in New Orleans, so it would be nice to have the option to play it out a little less seriously.

Oh, and I’m glad you enjoyed my pizza analogy for Clotho. That was fun to write! :smiley:

@Player I agree it is a hassle to make another vampire so early. I mean I hate how your maker kills Clotho if you turn her, but since we are not even a 100 years old yet, I don’t think we’ve done enough to be ready for that responsibility unless it’s forced on us like a dying friend and you having to make a split second decision.

I know about the stats! I wish some of them were merged (like fighting/strength and Intellect/Willpower), because it would make everything in game so much easier and give you the ability to spend time like when you go to Vicksburg on things like investments, learning Latin, Reading up on the world, etc. >.<

@P_Tigras Lol Jason’s version of vampires I don’t think can really have sex sex. And unless you had a strong Willpower would throw up (violently) any food you ate. And if you could eat it would taste like ash. :wink:

The depot was fun! And I was more than happy to leave Sam er I mean Vicksburg behind in search of something new. I wonder if our old friend will never want to go back to his maker when he finds out she’s a vampiric joke.

Lol being undead doesn’t mean I can’t be practical ;D But you never know I’d rather not run into Spanish vamps in the future and be clueless to what they are trying to say. And I’m sure I’ll meet Este, Jesse, and my Maker again and may get some… interesting scenes with all of them. Maybe like Eric and his “sister” from True Blood.

I didn’t know you could kill her initially, but I agree her character is a big part of our time in New Olreans so… maybe they’ll update that in the future but we never know. :open_mouth:

And yes I did lol! XD

@jammy What? No sex or pizza? :open_mouth: I suppose I might be able to give up sex if I really, really had to, but I just can’t go without pizza. That’s asking far too much! [-(

@P_Tigras Hahahahaha I love that Pizaa is your deal breaker and where you have to draw the line! :smiley:

Im Starting A COTV RP…Anyone want in?