When Life Gives You Lemons (October 25 2023) (WIP)

I’m loving this so far, Wyatt is prob my fav 🫶🏻

1 Like

This story is 15/10. Hands down my favorite that may have ever been in development on this site. Basically the culmination of the genre. The real ones know that interactive fiction is primarily about romance and this is so well written and fulfilling. I love how everyone is so enamored with us! It’s so great. Anyways, love you author please please don’t drop this like so many other promising stories. You are amazing and i will pay much money to see you finish.

4 Likes

Hi can you send me a screenshot?

The headers are images so they will look the same on white or black background.

If I inverted them they would look like this

So they all look like this because they are images.

Thank you. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Changing the black heading to red or yellow would make it more visible on black background

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand.

Which black heading?

1 Like

The text in the chapter title headings, I think? The part where they state “Chapter X”

2 Likes

I have a feeling Big fan is talking about that first one… I will get rid of it I think.

As for the chapters at the beginning of each new chapter. They are text. (coded in text) that I can’t change the color.

2 Likes

Ah, right. The prologue one was the only one I checked, when I started wondering what black header there was; I figured they were all similar :sweat_smile: (and then I forgot whether or not the game started with prologue or chapter 1).

2 Likes

Oh, la la! Finally an update :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::fire:

1 Like

Hi, I wanted to let you know that I keep getting this error “cont line 75: invalid return; gosub has not yet been called” and it’s game-breaking in the sense that it does not let me pass that particular page.

In all honesty these type of errors are something that have been happening more often in dashingdon games lately and I am wondering if it’s something related to the game itself or if it’s something related to me. The only reason I’ve been able to further my play-through on other games was because the error happened in a multiple choice page and I could bypass it by choosing a different branch (still annoying but at least not game-breaking)

Here’s a pic for reference.
fgf — ImgBB

2 Likes

Hi thank you. The files were updated like 5 days ago I think, so all saves you had have been broken. If you delete all saves and restart, and make new saves, you should be fine.

Please let me know.

3 Likes

Thank you for your fast answer I will check it up and let you know (but it will probably take a while)

Edit: It works fine now, Thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really appreciate this game because it’s modern and relaxing. My head is filled with happy light bubbles when playing WLGYL.:wink:

11 Likes

When life gives you lemons…

Make beef stew?

6 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: squeeze them hard :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Or throw them at people who irk you

1 Like

Nah, I’d squeeze 'em in their eyes… Hurts 'em more :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

1 Like

True but a lemon yeeted via catapult could probably do some serious damage

2 Likes

How about drawing them cute faces and putting them on a shelf?

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: where’s the fun in that? Nobody gets hurt.

1 Like