What would your dark lord/lady look like?

Definitely not a goth twink. Something that quickly comes to mind is like Auron from FFX. Without the glasses. A little older and dignified. It took time and effort to get so dark.

A dark lord has to be fearsome, intimidating, worthy of respect and reverance. There mist be a dark aura of competence surrounding him. Something that look exactly like this would fit the bill I think.

Summary

1 Like

Figured I’d put in a picture of one of my favorite dark wizards, though she’s a trusted advisor to the dark lord:

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone for your range of ideas! Following on from this I would also appreciate you showing me any images of any masks you would see your villain wearing. I don’t just mean full helmets, I would love to see some ideas for covering half the face or anything else you come up with. Descriptions would also be extra useful because it’s sometimes a little hard to describe them.

1 Like

A regular human in tailored suits. Sits in a tastefully decorated office as a democratically elected leader. Has a truly erudite and inspiring soul. Also condemned millions of youths to pointless death on battlefield.

1 Like

Pretty sure I described my dark lady’s appearance when I posted before. So will just add that my lady wouldn’t even consider a mask. Because besides from wanting to appear ordinary to fit in, if my lady thinks you would inform someone about her, use knowledge of her appearance some other way she’d have no problem killing you. It adds to her sudo sweet and innocent persona. She’s just a sweet little girl, dresses normally but androgenously, nothing suspicious about her, doesn’t draw attention, but all this means she can achieve her goals, whatever they may be much, much more easily.

1 Like

Who says i cant be classy?:kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Dark Lili from that old movie Legend.

I’ve wanted to be her since I was 6. If I can’t I’d totally settle for getting to worship her. Seriously if i was a heroine in that world the second i saw her I’d be all… “Welp…guess I’m evil too now.”

2 Likes

It would like Fiora in this skin

https://smurfstore.co/blog/invictus-gamings-world-champion-skins-are-released-in-lol
From lol smurf accs selling resourse

Black trousers, with black suspenders. An off white dress shirt, frayed at the collar, with a few cuts indicative of very narrow dodges, and a bloodstain on left cuff. Brown loafers. A patient smile, with just a hint of strain. A blade held loosely, ever ready. My shadow stand ever to my right, always laughing. An other worldly specter loaming overhead, invisible, except when you look into my eyes.

1 Like

My dark lord/lady would dress exceedingly plainly. Something not quite a servant’s uniform, but similar to one. In a fantasy setting, peasant’s garb might best describe it. They would be quiet, polite, deferential even, but behind that, utterly ruthless. They would rarely sit on their magnificent throne. The reason being that, when you’re powerful enough to truly call yourself a dark lord/lady, you don’t need to impress anyone. That, and the fact that it would throw people off their game. If possible my dark lord would always be in the company of a hulking warrior in magnificent armor and a majestic cape to really throw people off. On the battlefield, my dark lord would wear practical armor with the only ornamentation being a small indicator of rank that the troops could easily identify their commander.

1 Like

In my humble opinión appearances are irrelevant when it come to villians at least, what is important are their motivations, why? Why they are evil? What’s the reason behind their actions? Thats what we want to know when it comes to villians, appearances are important for heroes not villians.

Like a zombie dragon. With bone plates running down the spine with a clubbed tail, in the jaw, sharp snake like fangs like what you’ll find in a constitor/python has for the body think a Wyvern like the ones you find in Skyrim. Who breathes fire :fire::dragon::dragon_face:

Hmmm, were I making a dark lady. She would be wearing an elegant black dress similar to old time fashions, but not with a huge bell on the bottom. The dress would have fine silver embroidery, with a tight neck hugging collar that ends just below her jaw. Only her hands, and face would be exposed. Perhaps some darkened metal shoulders with an infernal motif. Her hair would be dark, and immaculately coiffed. Covered with an intricate silver netting, or a black crown with twelve high sharp points around it. There would be more detail to her appearance, but that’s all I got off the top of my head.

1 Like

It’s all connected, imo. Appearances can inform characterization, and vice versa.

For instance, a character with an overt physical “flaw” might resent those who see them as a monster.

Or, for an example of the second, a backstabbing mastermind could hide behind a smile and humble clothes to better disguise their ambitions.

I’ve always been a fan of the bespectacled gentleman sitting on a train minding his own business with his head buried in a book or the innocent schoolgirl sitting there staring out of the window with her hands resting calmly in her lap. The sort of person that nobody would think twice about turning their back to…