What would be the best way to present or upload data from an Excel spreadsheet on here?

I finished a Hosted Games data sheet and was going to post it, but it looks like that’s not a file type that can be uploaded. Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to put that out there so I can make a thread for it? I know I could put it on my Google Drive and link to it but I’m hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

if you are worried that we could access your drive via it, that’s not possible

Huh, tried the markdown table suggestion from @cup_half_empty and it worked a treat, but when I went to test it by posting it here, apparently there’s a length limit in replies to 32,000 characters? Who knew?

5 Likes

Eh, I’m sure you’re right, but I’d still rather not. That email was already hacked once years ago.

Ahh, yeah. I hit that character limit early on because I would share my fanfic with my friend group on here, lol.

I do think maybe we should clarify this somewhere but not only do I not know where it would be more appropriate, but I also don’t know just how much help that would be as a character limit one of those things that you don’t recall until you hit it, especially since Discourse doesn’t automatically track it. Though at the very least, maybe we should encourage authors to reserve the first or second replies—but that’s neither here nor there.

Anyway, if your info starts bursting at the character limit seams, you can always ask an admin (Jason, Dan, etc) to transfer ownership of the first or second reply to you, if the current owner is alright with it. This way you can keep all your info in more or less the same area. It might also be worth it to open your posts up as a wiki, just so members more skilled with markdown can take a look and see if there isn’t anything they can shave down?

I just woke up from a nap, so I apologize if it sounds like I’m just throwing comments at a wall and seeing what sticks, lol, bc I am.

1 Like