What type of games do you hope to see in the future?

That was the rusalka one, right?

1 Like

@Jacic Jacic I just checked your stuff and it was! (The Abysm’s Veil one) I frikken fell in love with it the first time i found it lol, I’m so glad to hear it’s not actually dead!

@The_Lady_Luck yes! that’s what they were called, Rusalki. I couldn’t remember smacks forhead

2 Likes

I’ll likely never finish any of my ideas, but just to toss out what I’d like to see:

Ancient Egypt Court Intrigue/Mythology

• There are plenty of European style ancient games, and even some Asian ones. Egypt also has a rich mythological source and all kinds of complicated upper-level organization. Sort of Choice of Romance + Egyptian Pantheon + some more murders.

Having skimmed the beginning of the thread, I’d also like some real villainy. The stories mentioned are cute, but the evilness is definitely tempered/treated with comedy. I wouldn’t want a serial killer story, nor do I think it would fly, but something a bit more ‘distant’ might work where my objective is to destroy a city or instigate a war or something.

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to limit myself here. Let’s see…

• A travelogue-like game reminscent of old fantasy books but with an added twist to spice things up; say it’s set in another galaxy, maybe have the hero’s horse as the protagonist, or you and your party are all pet dogs on the run.
  • More comedy-centric games.
  • A story set in actual Medieval times - not an alternate setting, no magical elements, and a hopefully accurate portrayal of chivalry and knights in the setting if those concepts become significant elements of the story.
  • Superheroes. Nuff said

Yes please, write that :smile:

5 Likes

I would love to see more historical based and/or realm building games. Imagine being Theodora when Justinian dies during the Plague (instead of surviving as he did in real life). Will the Byzantines follow an Empress during such dark and troubled times? Or perhaps play Justinian’s heir who inherited the Empire from the hands of the great Emperor. Just in time for the Persians to look at you kinda funny. In the later years, witness the rise of the Islamic faith.

Or maybe step into the shoes of Princess Pingyang and help found the Tang Dynasty during 7th century China.

2 Likes

screw formatting; i’m on mobile. tbh i could go on some more but these are the ones i really want rn.

• a CYOA where you play as a fresh actor/actress in hollywood (or whatever fictional equivalent you want)! possible backgrounds for the PC are classically trained, started out as a model or reality show star, or is related to a famous/rich person. Then as the game progresses, you can get into scandals, shoot blockbuster or indie films, be an A-lister, have photoshoots and interviews, become involved with the seedier side of the industry, win awards, etc. i dunno about y’all but i feel like this has a lot of potential. i’m so in love with this idea that i’d make a game myself if i can. tho tbh i don’t have the time and skills required for such an ambitious project lol

• something, anything cyberpunk please!! maybe you’re a cop or a secret police/agent or a regular citizen or a criminal idc just cyberpunk pls!!! :heart: x10000 bonus points if PC can romance a robot lol

• that said, immersive anti-hero or anti-villain games!! typical superhero games aren’t enough. more moral ambiguity, deconstruction, and subversion pls. i’m just so hyped for fallen hero tbh

• anything noir. bonus points if the writing style even mimics the tone of those old hardboiled novels!

• unexpectedly dark games. i’ve been lurking the WIP the absynthian ballad for a month now and i just really love how it’s actually a psychological horror game disguised as a romance/intrigue game.

• underused settings. we always see games set in the western world or perhaps a fantasy world inspired by medieval elements. i’m hoping we can see more WIPs and released games with lore inspired by / is set in south east asia, oceania, south asia, native america, etc. atm we have the WIP land of the dragon and the upcoming tale of two cranes as games in a chinese-inspired setting and yugen for japanese-inspired one but that’s still too little for the number of medieval and superhero games we often get. (not that i’m saying those genres are awful; it’s just rare to find something else atm.)

• i’m always up for intrigue games! there are some intrigue WIPs right now so i hope we get to see a completed one soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So for the first one a less managery Broadway 1849 and Hollywood Visionary?

yep. mostly. broadway: 1849 focused more on making sure your theater survives while a trouble is brewing in your city. meanwhile hollywood visionary focused on being a producer and making your first film. i was thinking of a game where you actually play an actor looking to join the big leagues (or Do It For The Art™?) and all the hitches you come across along the way. i guess the game could end when you retire or die – whichever comes first?

3 Likes

Any option to get Robo Anubis back, I’ll take it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I read that as robot anus

2 Likes

LOL! No, Robo Anubis was one of the possible dreams you could have at the start of Choice of Robots (alongside a murderous robotic Statue of Liberty).

I never got the utopian nano swarm

I usually opted for the robo love interest in Ireland one as I tended to get that outcome most often. I think it depends on what you do and don’t focus on with your robots.

I always got a robot love interest too.

More sports games would be really nice to have. Right now there’s only Slammed! and Fielder’s Choice seems as if it’s going to be out sometime next month while there are a basketball WIP and there’s a interest check for the American football WIP right now. So yeah, need more sports thrown in the mix, preferably every sport like professional MMA, soccer, auto racing and stuff like that.

I would love to see something like this:

Something far in the future where humanity has been able to explore space, and you’re on a recovery squad ship on the hunt for a distress beacon. You have to find and rescue an exploration cruiser that crashed on a planet. But it’s very jungle-ridden and impossible to land on. So you lead an expedition into the jungle to find and rescue the survivors.

This would be fun to read.

2 Likes

Mech type games.
(That said I’ve got one in my back pocket, along with a few others)

I really enjoyed Mecha Ace and Magikras. The former because I got to play a hardened sociopath who withstands torture without breaking at the cost of her hand. The latter because it let me address PTSD and what happens when a hardened badass is off the clock.

I just want to be surprised. Nothing is more enticing to me than seeing somebody do something truly new with ChoiceScript.

3 Likes