What is everyone's schedule like and how do you squeeze in writing time?

I don’t have a regular writing time, with two kids under three and a full time job that can spill over into evenings and weekends. But I do try to fit in a few hours every week, often by running off to the local Costa Coffee on Saturday or Sunday while my toddler is having his nap. (Or sometimes I’ll leave work a couple hours early and write in a cafe on my way home, to make up for that aforementioned spillover into evenings and weekends; the job is flexible that way). And when work sends me on an overseas trip far from family, I can usually get some writing done. (Not that I want to waste the opportunity to see interesting places while I’m there… but the tourism opportunities in e.g. Hargeisa, Shiberghan, and Ed Daien are pretty quickly exhausted).

I work for 6:30am till 7:30pm from Monday till Friday. I can only write for 30mins before sleeping. On weekends I work 9:00am till 8:00pm, but I rather spend time with my husband on off days than writing opps. :stuck_out_tongue:

I get up at 6:00am for school and get home at 4:30pm. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I stay afterschool until 7:00pm and dont get home until 8:00pm. Then I have to set aside atleast 3-4 hours every weekday for homework and revision purposes. Saturday is my sole Art Day, and Sunday is my only chance to visit family. This leaves me with the time frame of, after dinner and that, 9:00pm to 2:00am. If im not asleep ill be trying my best to write…

I’m a substitute teacher. This is purely hypothetical, but if I really want to test myself, I have just about all the time in the world to write.

At least until January. The girlfriend wants to move and I want an MBA. I think. I better get writing. :wink:

Okay the next time someone posts “when is your next update??” we can point to this thread.

Seriously though, from reviewing our schedules, I’m amazed anything gets published.

Me, too :stuck_out_tongue: also, I’m editing my schedule to be more realistic. It’s more like:

1PM - 8PM, daily. Still about 50 hours a week, though.

Well I had a pretty good schedule…but then work sent me away for training and it messed me up. At first I was like, “Huzzah! I’ll be alone in my hotel room and I’ll have nothing BUT time to write…”

But then I made friends with the people also in training and we would drink and compare notes and drink and go to strange, mysterious places and I don’t know…in the end I just didn’t feel like writing when I had three hours before I needed to wake up every night. o.O

Being a vampire isn’t all its cracked up to be by the way. I never was much of a morning person, but…this whole blood thing. Yeeeech.

Anyway I’m back and have time to get back into the groove of things. Typically I work 4 or 5pm to 1am. Yeah, I’m one of those guys. I get home and typically do my writing then in the weeeee hours of the morning. Then I go to bed and wake up and repeat my day. I don’t have kids (that I know of) and I’m nor married or in a semi-fabulous relationship. I’m in a complicated relationship, but you know…I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Starting to feel like I need someone to bounce my ideas off of and coach me a bit with my project as I feel like it might save me time to avoid making bad decisions with all this.

I’m a high school student and unfortunately I don’t have a writing schedule :stuck_out_tongue: mainly because my little brother doesn’t have one either and hogs the computer where I do all my CS writing haha