What are some weird dating sims?

John Cena’s Sexy High School Adventure: a dating sim where the only character is John Cena

3 Likes

You can date plant people in Amoris Flores on itch.io

Dandelion: Wishes Brought to You

One step up from Hustle Cat on the Sliding Scale of Furry Bait, this time you don’t date shapeshifters under curses but literally magic… kingdom people under curses who are also your pets. Never completed it because mind-numbing stat building.

Same…I’ll never understand why people think that mechanic is a good idea in dating sims

3 Likes

I actually like stat building but I hate raw manual grinding.

Using random spawns on a move limit is even worse I think.

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t know helicopters were bad.

A cake dating sim for cake lovers- https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20291

1 Like

I was about to say I have played some weird ones, when I read through the comments and realized no, not even remotely close. Someone already mentioned the pigeon one so… rip me

1 Like

Hatoful Boyfriend is a gift and I highly recommend it in the highest

Let’s just say it’s not all what it seems with the concept.

(What do you mean I’m bias with my icon being from Hatoful y’all crazy)

4 Likes

Did anyone mention John Cena’s Sexy High School Adventure? because THAT is a weird dating sim

2 Likes

I’m sure that you’re not aware, since I wasn’t either but Attack Helicopter is based upon a meme that’s derogatory towards transgender people, and was created in order to dehumanise non-binary people. There is also mocking of people who need trigger-warnings in that thread.

There’s more explanation about the meme here. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-sexually-identify-as-an-attack-helicopter

Not having played the game, I can’t say whether the game itself is transphobic.

1 Like

Well SC2VN is a visual novel with some dating sim elements. It’s a surprisingly accurately look into the StarCraft 2 esport scene. Has some ringing endorsements from TotalBiscuit himself

@Loriela I did but no one noticed

I REMEBER ONE NOW. It was actually really funny, and they never finished it, but this by far is one of my favorite crack dating sims. It’s a dragons age dating sim and it’s amazing.

It’s not finished because they lost the files, but what there is pretty funny :joy:

(Note: i clicked the wrong reply button #ohwell)

2 Likes

Kusoge is free on Play Store (Waifu Notes are funny sometimes). It’s a colegial one and has various anime references. Short game, but has about 27 different endings.

1 Like

Don’t suppose there’s ever been any dating sims done for Marvel, DC Star Wars or Doctor Who characters have there? Given I’m mapping out a regular X-Men themed CYOA in my mind atm the moment I’m wondering what it would be like if there was a dating sim for X-Men where you are a new mutant (maybe you get to pick your powers) and you have the option of trying to date any of the following…

Male Characters

Wolverine
Cyclops
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Beast
Iceman
Angel
Havok
Cable
Bishop
Forge
Sunfire

Female Characters

Jean Grey
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Storm
Rogue
Kitty Pryde
Jubilee
Magik
Polaris
Dazzler
Pixie
X-23
Blink

Or some combo of those anyway.

1 Like

i would love a x-men dating sim, especially if it included Nightcrawler :heart_eyes:~

2 Likes

Yeah he would definitely be one of my picks if I was playing a female character, along with Cyclops and Colossus. My male character would probably be torn between Kitty Pryde, Psylocke and Jean Grey.

Iceman would likely be the Gay Romance option for male characters, not certain who I’d pick for the girls who was just a lesbian… Also I’d probably have Magneto and Mystique for the bad boys/girls.

1 Like

I think there’s a few fan made Xmen ‘dating’ games out there. Most of them tend to be on the adult side though.

I mean there was

http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-brothel-x-men-sex-game/

There’s also a project going on in Patreon if you do a google of Xmen Dating Game.

Psylocke’s bi. There’s a number of other Xmen who’re bi and/or gay beyond those mentioned.

PLUS there’s alternate universe stuff. The Ultimate Colossus is gay. There’s even a reality with a version of Wolverine that’s in a relationship with Hercules. So since that’s canon, I’d say you could just oh so easily make everyone bi.

Huh, well I doubt I would be doing anything too graphic, I’d rather have it like where you interact with the team and go on missions and develop a romantic relationship that way with dates and stuff. Also maybe limiting the characters you can date based on whether you’re a new teacher or new student, or at least the version of boy or girl you can encounter.

That Pateron project seems to be focused on the X-Men Evolution version of Rogue, so not the versions I would look at.

I suspect then that Psylocke, Wolverine and Colossus would all be bi then. Northstar is another logical gay male option (though he’s more connected to Alpha Flight) and some of the teens like Anole. Mystique is legendary as bi. So likely I would say stuff it and make them all dateable.

• My Nigerian Prince has the main character try and date the titular “Nigerian Prince.” Yeah. It’s pretty short though.

• Creepypasta Curtain Call gives you the option of dating characters like Slenderman and Jeff the Killer, but a lot of the dialogue are jokes about how the game isn’t finished, from what I can tell, but the custom sprites look nice.

• Caging Me Softly has you date Nicholas Cage, in all his meme-faced glory.

• There’s also Five Nights of Love and it’s exactly what it sounds like. Freddy Fazbear is a tsundere.

1 Like