Weyrwood — Advance in Society and defy your daemon overlords!

:sweat_smile: I always check my stats after every choice in some weird compulsion. Did you choose any particular dangerous options or anything?

3 Likes

OH! Yes, I did! If nothing else, I challenged Jocasta to a duel… (And then subsequently sort of messed the duel up :rofl:) I also chose to fight the angry Weyr in the Wood. There may have been a choice with Malachite that caused my danger to rise as well, though I’m not sure exactly.

Hope this helps a little! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m guessing it probably didn’t go very well.

Thanks for those, my sensible enough MC didn’t do those. Guess that gives me another excuse to replay :tada:

1 Like

Actually it turned out OK!! I was SUPER surprised. :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: It did (obviously) make my Weyrs relationship drop in the end though, which seems sensible. Still don’t know how I managed to get out of it unharmed. Maybe it was due to my high Sport or Boldness stat or something? I have a feeling if I’d played differently up to that point, I would have been a dead man.

1 Like

Even though my MC stated that the MC hated being in Prosper and intended to leave afterwards, after saving the innocents in the town the game makes my MC stay in Prosper. Also even though I never courted Alcindor, my MC keeps getting stuck in an engagement with Alcindor. I’m not sure if these are bugs or intended features. To avoid the engagement, my MC once even tried fleeing Prosper and still got stuck in an engagement with Alcindor. I really don’t think that willingness to defend the Marked or any innocents in Prosper should be grounds for forcing my MC into an engagement.

My ending stats were the following:

Qualities

Charisma: 63%

Intelligence: 70%

Boldness: 62%Delicacy: 38%

Empathy: 69%

Subterfuge: 58%Principles: 42%

Health: 91%

Accomplished: 52%

Sport: 52%

Respectable: 57%Scandalous: 43%

Influence: 89%

Dangerous: 70%

Woodbound: 50%

Wyrdsense: 67%

Philanthropy: 64%

Relationships

Weyrs: 49%

Daemons: 59%

Hippolyta: 84%

Col. Ayax: 70%

Lady Eugenie: 62%

Wren: 83%

Danae: 49%

Alcindor Wakeforth: 55%

Jocasta: 34%

You have 11 spina.

I noticed the following typo.

“I whould like a word of advice, if you don’t mind,” you say. “Concerning my proposal, that is.” More interested faces than disinterested ones turn towards you, hanging on your words. “I do not know how best to put it to the mayor, although I must do so before too long. How best should I do this?”

It should be would.

If you send bug reports to weyrwood@choiceofgames.com, that’s best. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m enjoying the book very much, but there was something i realized. Around the point of the house party i realized I was at -1 spina, yet nothing had happened to my character. I cant tell if this is a bug or not, but i’m currently sitting at -13 spina after paying for the house party, without anything having happened. Backtracking right now to figure out why i’m at -1.

1 Like

Really cool book, I had a lot of fun reading about the world you created.

4 Likes

I’ve finally gotten around to finishing this story and can easily say that it is one of my favorites on this site.

2 Likes

I just have a quick question. I’ve read a decent chunk of this, and I still can’t figure out exactly what Will IS. The glossary uses Will in several definitions, including the definition of Willed, but it doesn’t have a definition for Will. Am I just being thickheaded? What is Will? I know I still have will as long as I have Spina, but I don’t know what Will actually IS. Any help?

1 Like

I played the game multiple times and I still can’t catch the spy. What choices do I have to make to catch the spy?

@Mellie_Fortuna
The spy is Roland Grufford,there are many ways to find out about it, your MC just need to have right stats.

Observation is a helpful tool.

Does anyone know the best way to get your sport up. I know how to get everything else up but I can’t ever seem to find the right options for sport?

Will is from what I understood from the game is an individuals ability to resist daemon influence and remain under city’s protection.

Oh ok! That makes sense, actually! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like