Wellspring : Origin

@Creator Thanks for being so thorough! Any help is appreciated. @Unknown_Player Thanks for the feedback! That has been pointed out, and I am attempting to find a balance without taking away from the integrity of the material

2 Likes

Thanks for weighing in! Which options would you remove?

Anything after the name choice I would personally remove. I know some may disagree, but I feel minute things like that can be left to the imagination of the reader and it spares creative writing and coding time, so the author has less to do.

1 Like

Empathic manipulation may sound a bit lame at first but when you start to think about the sort of stuff someone could do with that it starts to get pretty terrifying. Just some examples I thought about are, Mass suicide due to extreme depression, making anyone or everyone fall in love with you, making anyone angry at anyone else, or just keeping everyone very calm and happy despite how horrible the circumstances are for them.

6 Likes

Yeah, at first it seems weak, but when you think about it, itā€™s pretty much mass mind control. But even then it just sounds boring not having to fight anyone (unless you make them angry at you for some reason), and youā€™re entirely powerless to someone resistant to it.

You can make people fall in love with you :smirk: and stuff but I think itā€™s just sad when you think that itā€™s not really what theyā€™re feeling. :confused: Although now Iā€™m really interested how it will affect the ROs :wink: That would be fun. Hehehe.

1 Like

That would be an interesting option (if youā€™re going the eviler route) and it would be really fun and full of angst if the RO found out what you were doing to them at one point.

2 Likes

@grimbutnotalways @Franzinyte empathic manipulation will definately be an interesting play through. And you will most certainly have to fight for your life! Iā€™ll leave it at that for now, I dont want to spoil too much:smile:

4 Likes

Fair point. However, in this particular game several of those options actually have impact on interactions later on. I agree 100% that those types of customization should not be implemented without good reason. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Going through things slowy the first thing that iā€™d note is a rather odd formatting at times, like having page breaks just before choicebodies, or the ā€˜interestingā€™ comment that would do as just a note above the next bit of text.

As for the character building, maybe split it up throughout the part, having the options go with the flow better? (If that makes sense)

1 Like

Thanks for pointing those things out! I can certainly adjust the formatting, and it has been pointed out that the character build gets a little tedious. I will try to improve that. Good eye!

1 Like

This was an amazing demo

1 Like

Thanks for the Feedback! Glad you like it.

4 Likes

In my opinion, the character customisation options should definitely stay. The ability to shape the protagonist according to my liking creates a stronger connection between me and the main character in contrast to a developer-made, preset, unchanging ā€œheroā€. It gives the story more immersion and replayability. And besides, I have always enjoyed making my own characters, even if it is only the appearance. Iā€™m sure that some individuals could share my sentiment.

13 Likes

I agree, I love customising my character. :blush: Without it I feel more like a blank sheet (worst are those who never even specify your gender, in my opinion). :disappointed:

How about giving those not into this customisation the option to skip it, if it can be worked in without them missing out too much on stuff tied into it? :thinking:

7 Likes

Very good suggestion. I will try to work in a ā€œskipā€ option for the customization items that donā€™t effect the narrative. My only worry is that the ā€œskipā€ options themselves may become tedious to the reader, or add a clumsy ham-handed feel to the story. Anyway, Iā€™ll put it in, and hopefully Iā€™ll get some feedback on it.

1 Like

I have updated the demo with many of the changes that have been suggested, most notably, a skip option for the customization. I have also included the first part of chapter 2. As always, any feedback is appreciated.

10 Likes

For this art Iā€™m putting you on my genius wall right next to Kanye.

3 Likes

Giving recent history thatā€™s a gross insult.

5 Likes

@Kingkunta Iā€™ll take it as a compliment! :grin:

1 Like