Wellspring : Origin

Thanks for the feedback!

Seems like it. I’ll try again and see.

okay so i just got done playing the demo here are my thoughts

1 i think the intro needs some work as it reads like a info dump rather than a beginning to a story maybe you can cut it down a bit

2 i think the intros for the other characters are too detailed it kinda breaks the immersion when you forced to read a long detailed character bio maybe instead you can relegate this to a codex like in mass effect so people who want this level of detailed backstory can read it well those who dont can keep playing

3 i think this game has potential and i am looking forward to playing more of it

sorry if this is too long and nitpicky but i wish you the best of luck

2 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! You make a good point. Some people like the details, and some don’t. I will attempt to find a balance in that regard. The reasoning behind the intro, and the other character bios, is for the MC to formulate opinions based on their environment, and develop personality traits based on learned information, in addition to the childhood experiences. I will attempt to come up with some personality presets for those who wish to skip through the preliminaries.

3 Likes

It works. Maybe it just needed time for a refresh before the changes took place on my end.

Now… I love what I have read so far. You need to develop a superhuman ability to write and code extremely fast so we can get a finished product sooner!

1 Like

I really love the demo and how much you customize your MC so far. So keep up the good work! And I can’t wait for what is next

1 Like

Thanks for checking again, and I will try an improve my typing resonance:)

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, right, one thing missing from customisation (which I love in all game, more is better for me personally!) is hair colour. :blush:

1 Like

Excellent suggestion! I will include in update.

3 Likes

Two more questions! One, will appearance affect ROs in any way? And two, is the shapeshifting power like shapeshifting into animals? Or just into different humans (different builds or weights)?

2 Likes

Yes. appearance will play a factor with some RO’s. The “style” stat is still hidden in the demo, but that one will be the most important factor when choosing ROs. Shape shift will have two skill options. You can train MC to shift their own size (bigger and smaller), or you can train MC to shift into animals. You can do both simultaneously, but each will be stronger on their own. The disaster class rating for this ability can only be achieved separately.

1 Like

Follow up question, do you choose the animals? Or is it just training to shift into whatever animal fits the scenario?

1 Like

You choose the animal. Initially, it will be a real animal. The two disaster class animal options will appear later as the MC develops the shape shifting skill. In case you’re wondering, the two disaster class options are a dragon, and a kraken.

8 Likes

This is all I’ve ever wanted. God bless.

1 Like

Thanks so much!:):smile:

“With minimal funding from their citizens, governments no longer had the means to seek solutions for themselves. After all, poverty breeds hunger and hunger breeds crime.”

Umm, economy doesn’t work that way? Yes the world’s resources had been monopolized but that doesn’t necessarily cause extreme poverty (which you didn’t explain, maybe it’s just the economist in me I’m sorry).

Also, the Mc was one year old when the Mc’s mother went insane… yet how did he manage to know and remember the extent of his father’s addiction? In fact how was the Mc cognizant at all? Maybe bumping the age a little?..

Anyways I’ll post here if there are other inconsistencies/errors. Hope you have a nice day!

1 Like

Two excellent points! I originally presumed that the reader would understand that a lack of resources could lead to a more expensive cost of living in general, but per your suggestion, I added a bit more of an explanation to the paragraph. Additionally, the economy is covered in more detail along a couple of the paths. Also, the MC’s age has been increased in the murder/suicide scenario. I will update the demo shortly. Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming!

4 Likes

This game might be pretty cool. My character’s name is Yohei Fujikawa. He grew up in the former prison city of Detroit, MI USA. When he was growing up, his parents had arguments about his father taking a drug called dom-gray and he had been secretly graying up. His father would be gone for days at a time leaving his mother to care for the children and his parents argued constantly. His mother would threaten to leave and his father would promise to clean up his act, but neither did so. His mom tried to stick it out, but she fell into a deep depression and neither parent had hope of mending the life they once started together. Things got even worse when his father sold the family possessions. Days passed by with no food or water. Life got worse as sorrow, pain, depression and fear became her daily norm. Then one day, the crying stopped. One morning, Yohei got up to find his mother on the floor next to his father’s sleeping bag. For a while, the silence was terrifying. His mother then got up and used a shotgun and killed her husband. Then she was about to shoot her son when she realized she couldn’t, so she hanged herself. It was a tragic day for the child and he was haunted by their deaths. After that, he went to live in a temporary shelter and then to a child labor house. During his free time, he would often vandalize old cars and buildings with his friends because he wanted the other kids to like him. Then he saw a techno-gram with his name on it. For the next six months, he hunted down the knowledge on enhanced people through few books in the library and via word. He admired Sacrilege and Mamadou’s bravery in the face of certain death. He also wants to make his parents proud.Stats

Character
Yohei Fujikawa
male
brown eyes
shoulder length hair
tall, muscular build
pale skin

EXTERNAL RESONANCE

Potency: 15%
Saturation: 20%

ABILITIES

Pyrokenisis: 25%

PERSONALITY

Intelligence: 0%
Bravado: 0%
Compassionate: 34%
Ruthless: 15%
Idealist: 56%
Realist: 23%
Stoic: 15%
Brash: 15%
Loner: 0%
Team_player: 27%
Leader: 0%
Adherent: 15%
Composed: 0%
Unravelled: 20%
Savoie_Fair: 10%
Direct: 0%
Reluctance: 0%
Determination: 0%

MOTIVATION

Tragedy: 32%
Whimsy: 0%
Justice: 14%
Greed: 10%
Altruism: 5%
Bitterness: 15%

1 Like

That was also my presumption, however that is actually a misconception in how most people view economy. The monopolization does cause a much more expensive requirement for casual living, but that shouldn’t necessarily equate to the government itself lacking in funding. The ‘money’ moves in a lot of different ways, so thank you for taking the time and pointing out the specifics of it (even if it isn’t central to the story (the reason not the poverty)).

Looking forward to more.

Also in Death Toll’s story, there was a dialogue saying “why didn’t I have super-strength instead?” (I think that was it?). Shouldn’t he have no dialouge since it would be too speculative to factor it in with an appropriate response from the Mc?

Well-done with the story-telling btw, it was honestly good.

2 Likes