Wayhaven Chronicles Fanwork! Everyone's art in the first post!

Done, but please do try to moderate your use of “@” moderators (try and tag specific mods). Doing that notifies everyone, including the full time CoG staff.

9 Likes

Oh, sorry about that! :flushed:

I’ll keep that in mind for the next time a moderator is needed.

1 Like

A bit late for the party but here is Ava!

38 Likes

Good fan art is never late! You posted it right when we needed it most.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention :)) I uploaded the oneshot

Which I should actually get around uploading in Ao3 this weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

Summary: When you’re trapped in a dingy telephone booth because of a storm and you and your emotionally constipated not-boyfriend have not talked about the elephant in the room

Pairing: FeMC x Adam du Mortain

8 Likes

I finally drew my Detective Charlotte!!

(pretend she’s looking up at her RO Nate, lol)

she has a lightsaber necklace and i am so freakin envious

14 Likes

I have been feeling quite sad lately and today seems to be no different, so let me share my sad detective with you. She is a complete mess, for she just had a horrible argument with Morgan… Both can be so stubborn at times, deep sigh. Hopefully, they will make it up soon…

Morgan is capable of showing emotions too.

No, my detective is not crying because Rebecca has died; I am still in denial about the mere possibility that such a scenario could happen!

Hands can be devilish to draw… Luckily I can use my own as reference

45 Likes

This is, by far (to me) the best drawing you have post here. Is amazing!!

2 Likes

Whistle I totally posted this here and nowhere else. Whistle

It’s been a while since I made a comic, woohoo! (I don’t suck now)
Anyways, I’ve been prowling Sera’s tumblr, like I always do, and found out why Felix and Mason can’t have a Love triangle and little things about Adam and Nate’s love triangle. So I was like, well how about we make it a love ?Pentagon? This comic’s in Mason’s PoV-ish, since Sera said he backs off if Felix’s serious, so what if he doesn’t? I’m forever team Felix, but MASON, dang.
(Also that Tumblr ask where Felix gets jealous and bears his fangs.Swoons)

21 Likes

KACHOW!

Here's another Charlotte drawing.

For those not in the know, this is what she looked like in college; she would dye her hair every three months, and all sorts of crazy colors.
But alas, ever since joining the Wayhaven police force, she has tried her hand at “adulting” and this includes only dyeing her hair three times a year like clockwork and only in natural colors (red hair for spring, blonde for summer, and brunette for fall/winter) but sometimes she looks at her old college photos and gets wistful, and tbh, with hair like that, I would be too, damn. (If anyone’s curious, her natural hair color is actually a very deep, nearly black brown–tbh I think the upkeep required for such dark hair is what got her to dye her hair so often in college, lol)

I’ve been trying to finally, finally git gud at digital art, and thank god for Wayhaven because I have a hankerin’ to draw everyone but also not waste the dwindling art supplies I have left.

I think I’m gonna do a few more Charlotte pictures (so I can get into the swing of things) and then I’m gonna die try my hand at…Unit Bravo…or maybe Tina if I wuss out, lol.

22 Likes

:o we do need some Tina art.

I decided to try my hand at drawing Mason :slight_smile: .

(edit: I decided to color it on my pc and didn’t want to make a new post)

Sketch

Sorry if it looks a little funny, I had to take a pic with my phone…also I’m awful at drawing hair lol.

Colored version

12 Likes

A companion piece to the one of my crying detective.
Mayhaps I will combine the two in one, to make one drawing of it? Also to fix some of the stuff I am not happy with…

Under normal circumstances, Morgan can be rude and a pain. But in this state of mind, I can see her growl at anyone who so much as stares at her.

And no matter what some of you might say, you will not change my mind; Morgan can express her miserable feelings in tears. She is Badass (with a capital B), but she is not without emotions.

P.S… Happy birthday, Morgan?..

31 Likes

Aww, sad angry cutie.

1 Like

Ohh I imagine this face she would make when MC gets kidnapped and tortured for like 5th time this week
But jokes aside real well done.

3 Likes

(Warning: Long Post. At this point, it probably counts as fan fiction.)
This was over on the original discussion thread, but we/they moved past it before I could finish and I figured it fit more on here. I was sort of slow when working on it, and didn’t want to try typing it on my phone at work. As with the version on CotG, I’m answering in character (Detective Lucas Kingston). The setting is somewhere just after Book 1.

What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?

“I don’t think I really can for more than a minute. Even when I’m not physically doing anything, my mind can’t go too long without latching onto something. I have taken medication for that when I was younger, and it managed to dull the symptoms into something more manageable (better organisational skills have been a godsend). But, I honestly can’t really ‘turn off my mind’ outside of sleep. If you mean just sit still, however, then my record has probably been a couple of hours or so.”

How easy is it for your character to laugh?

“People are usually surprised if they don’t know me for very long. All of it really depends on the sort of day I’m having. On a good day, you can find me with a good chuckle every once in a while. Bad days are ones where I’m a bit more bottled up or have more negative emotions. I still know that others have an easier time at it.”

How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)

“As I sort of implied in the first question, my mind is pretty active. When I do go to bed, I have to let my brain shut off on its’ own. Once that happens, I let my body fall asleep when it wants to.”

How easy is it to earn their trust?

“You could call it a symptom of living in Wayhaven for as long as I am, but I generally try to take people at their word once meeting them. I have been known to make exceptions, though.”

How easy is it to earn their mistrust?

“Having a government agent as a mum, I had to learn the concept that the truth isn’t always something you can tell others so easily. I suppose that the difference would be in the intentions. If you do something with the intention to hurt me or somebody I care about, I’ll have a hard time trusting you. I try to make the amount of distrust I hold proportionate to the level of damage done, but I can also be pretty bitter about things.”

Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?

“My job is to uphold the laws as they stand and not to interpret them. But, I prefer to act within the spirit of the law. Again, it could just be living in Wayhaven for so long, but most people around here are good and just need a good reminder of how to act.”

What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?

“There’s a radio station out here that plays oldies. I remember singing along with them with my mum in her car when I was younger, and I try to do so for every song I hear. Or at least when I’m alone, unless the passenger doesn’t mind. I’m not exactly about to quit my day job for singing in a band, but it’s a joy that I can do for free.”

What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child?

“My mum would always encourage me to look things up when I wanted to know the answer to something (never just say that it simply was the way it is) and not to be afraid of being curious. She also encouraged me to make friends and stand up for those being bullied or hurt–to do the right thing when no one else was. She also sometimes had to remind me to focus on my work every now and then when my mind was drifting off.”

Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?

“I really don’t swear that often. It really hasn’t been part of my natural speech. but mostly used as a point of emphasis (when someone’s being unreasonably stupid or something’s more difficult than it should be). Swearing wasn’t actually discouraged in our household (not like it was a sin or anything), but just wasn’t common. My first was shit (age 13), and I (almost) forgot some five-page paper for school when my mum and I were on our way to school (think the equivalent of a 20-page report as a replacement for a final in a university course, so there was no way I’d want to forget that). She completely understood–saying that she’s said worse under similar instances–but to watch my language around the teachers. She didn’t want me swearing every other word, but the occasional slip of the tongue was okay.”

What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?

“I never really bothered with lying when I was younger. I understood the concept, but most people here were understanding enough that I didn’t have to make up a story or I just simply did the right thing in the first place (or owned up to it). So you can imagine the culture shock I had at the university. But… I could never admit when I was falling out of love with Bobby even before the Essays Incident. Being with her was fun in its’ own right, but there were signs that I should’ve seen but wouldn’t act on. But they were strong enough to plant seeds of doubt for about a year before we broke up. Sometimes I wonder if I should’ve acted sooner, telling her that, no, I didn’t really love her anymore. Being around her for too long made me feel like a layer of scum was growing on my skin and I was getting desperate for a long cold shower.”

How do they cope with confusion?

“I usually try to find the solution. If it’s an answer to a question, I usually google it (and do some more definitive looking than the first answer). For more moral conundrums, that might take a while to puzzle out. I’m friends with Pastor Wong, and I’m a regular at their Bible Study (it’s an open secret that I’m an Agnostic, but he encourages curious minds to come and discuss things with the group). I’d bring it up there with the group or in private. But I really prefer not being confused for longer than I have to be.”

How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?

“I keep a metal extendable back scratcher by my desk and in my room. Otherwise, I find a good wall corner. Or I ask Tina or Verda to help me if all else fails.”

What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?

“Go through my closet, and you’ll find a bunch of greys, blues, greens, browns, and black in there. The only thing white would by my undershirts.” (He manages to make it work.)

What animal do they fear most?

“There’s plenty of animals I’d rather not have to deal with, and quite a few that can stay in their end of nature. But fear? Does a bear bother to befriend you before stabbing you in the back? Does a shark need to stir up hatred and confusion among its’ followers? Have you ever met a power-hungry virus? You study the things humans can do at their worst, and you might be glad we can be as moral as we can be.”

How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?

“I mean, I do have something of an accent. My family’s actually from the UK (near the south), and quite a bit of their dialect managed to carry over (the habit of calling her mum, for example). Given how the rest of us speak, though, that’s not too unusual. Tina once described my voice as somewhere between her dad and an old professor of hers–that there are plenty of times when she’s not sure if I’m about to break into a lecture on forensics or chastise someone for acting a certain way (to her credit, it’s mostly Douglas I act that way towards these days). I usually do say whatever’s on my mind, although with a decent filter, but I do tend to come off as… Well, either paternal or like I should be teaching at a university. I do rehearse it if it’s a serious subject I’m reluctant to discuss or would rather sound ‘down to Earth’.”

What makes their stomach turn?

“Stomach viruses, or at least how they act on me. I could be in the same room as a putrefying human body and only turn away because of respect for the dead. Yes, I can smell it, but it doesn’t quite have the same strong reaction on me as it does others. And I’ve never been much of a picky eater.”

"Are they easily embarrassed?

“I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. It’s simply that those who know how to embarrass me can more easily get under my skin. But I try to remain stoic.”

What embarrasses them?

“Usually one of those ‘not what it looks/sounds like’ situations. Or the fact that I haven’t been on a date in years (…don’t ask). Or Bobby doing pretty much anything while awake.”

What is their favorite number?

“Do I have to have one? And I hope you don’t ask my favourite colour–I don’t know either. But… let’s say 3, 4, 5, or 7.”

If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?

“Familial love… Now, I’ve known my mum for quite a while. We don’t always get along (and I’m still a little iffy about the idea that people ended up dying during the “Murphy Incident”), but she’s still my mum and I’m her son and I love her just the same. If I had a sibling, we’d probably have the occasional fight, but we’d still be there for each other (I’d hope). With that, the main connection is by blood relation. Platonic love is more what I have with Tina and Verda. We’ve been partners for quite a while and she’s probably one of my best friends, and the fact that him and I can ‘speak the same language’ was one of the things that caught my eye when we first met. You choose to be with them. Romantic love should probably start out as platonic love, but have that something extra. You wouldn’t necessarily kiss your best friend (or at least not in this country), and there’s usually lines you wouldn’t usually cross with your friends that become easier with those you’re romantic with (and I don’t mean just the physical stuff). Actually, I’m not that great at explaining the last one.”

Why do they get up in the morning?

“Probably because I set my alarm or somebody called me, or I just wake up as usual. What keeps me going is the need to keep Wayhaven safe (especially since we’ve become a magnet for the supernatural, both good and evil). Unit Bravo also might have some weirdness going on with them, and I could use something different in my life.”

How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?

“I… It might seem strange, but I try to avoid such situations. If they want to be in my life, they’re free to stay. Otherwise… Well, after coming back to Wayhaven, most people have a habit of sticking around, so I really haven’t had much of a chance to deal with that kind of thing. If I did, then it would depend on the relationship I have with them. I wouldn’t have much of an issue if we were just friends, though I’d probably joke around. If we were, um… more than that, or I had feelings for them… I’d probably try to be aloof, but hold some unpleasant feelings. And I know it sounds bad, but I might get a little possessive and afraid of losing them. Which is partly why I like to avoid such things.”

How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?

“That one I have an easier time of dealing with. I might be a little resentful, but I usually just push past it. I either try to improve myself based on that or live with my imperfections.”

Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?

“In what sense? From a pure biological standpoint, I can probably talk to Verda, for example. For something more interpersonal… At this point, I’d probably sit down and pour my heart out with Tina. I’ve discussed my whole issue with Bobby; I can talk to her about that sort of thing. The main issue with going to my mum is how busy her work has her. I’m not sure if anyone in Unit Bravo is close enough to me for me to want to talk about that. (…But, if you must know, I’m happy that I’m on good terms with Ava. I don’t know if I should expect anything to come of it, but… I really wish that I had known her and made friends with her before I had met Bobby.)”

What are their thoughts on marriage?

“For those that can do it and make it last, I’m a little envious but glad to see it happen. Probably won’t happen to me, but I like to imagine otherwise.”

What is their preferred mode of transportation?

“My '02 Honda Civic or on foot for getting around town. For longer distances, either trains or airplane.”

What causes them to feel dread?

“Having to deal with another Murphy. And getting a call from the Mayor. Everything else seems to pale in comparison.”

Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?

“At best, ignorance is simply short-term bliss and long-term pain for me. Give it to me and get it over with.”

Do they usually live up to their own ideals?

“I try not to go overboard with them, but I’m mostly able to meet the standards I have for myself. Then again, I have the habit of self-doubt, which complicates things.”

Who do they most regret meeting?

“Either Bobby or ‘Murphy’ (whoever he actually is). For the former… I’ll spare you the full story. We met when we were first attending the university, became study partners early on, managed to fall in love… We were together for about three years before I discovered she was using me to cheat on her work (among other things that are part of the full story). Her younger sister had planned on blackmailing her (the two of them have a burning rivalry going since childhood), but figured that it was better to give me the proof. She was snooping around and learned Bobby copied my term paper when she was doing hers (along with the rest of my essays in the classes we had together). Her sister and I went to our professor and laid out our case, and I told Bobby that we were through (as I said before, I should’ve done that before that incident, but didn’t listen). ‘Murphy’ murdered at least three people (and turned one of them into a Thrall), took control over dozens of bodies, turned my town into a potential war zone, and tried to turn me into something close to a dairy cow (and injected me with his blood)! There hasn’t been a murder here in generations, and he’s managed to change all of that (and I’m just thankful I probably won’t have to explain how it ended). And as much as I care for Unit Bravo, I’m not too happy about anything worse happening here. I want him to be ‘frozen’ for the rest of his life, as far as I’m concerned.”

Who are they the most glad to have met?

“Tina was one of those who helped me get out of the slump I had after Bobby. When we first met, I was… polite around her, but had become emotionally distant around others. In fact, I only originally took the job out of a sense of obligation towards the people of my town and a need to have a job where I could use my mind. She was gentle, but relentless, in her attempt to break down my walls. It was starting to work, but it was Bobby’s return that caused me to finally break down in front of her. From then on out, it became easier for me to talk to her and regain most of my old emotional warmth. Verda was and is one of the few people I can properly be a nerd around without feeling weird. When I first came here, he quickly became one of the first (new) friends I had made. He helped me feel normal for once in what felt like years. His marriage causes me to long for the sort of relationship that makes me… feel a hell of a lot closer to complete than I have been. Lastly, there’s Unit Bravo. Yes, I’m grouping them in as one entity. Even with the fallout from Murphy, being able to work with them seem to have revitalized me. More specifically… I can sympathize with Ava acting the way she does. I wasn’t too different when I was first here, and God knows what she’s gone through before meeting me. That my mum and I were the first humans to act as nice to them as we have tells me a lot. And I, um… yeah, her being the team leader makes it very important that her and I work well together. (And, yes, she’s the source of some warm and fuzzy feelings that I don’t want to push aside. Even so, it causes me a lot of confusion. I’ve assumed that I’ll end up married to this job, and I’m getting tired of it. But I just… I’m so used to that idea, to the point where anything else, especially with someone like her, feels so unrealistic and scary. But I also know I’d probably never forgive myself for letting someone like her slip away. Though, I’d rather be the one to tell her.)”

Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?

“Only if it’s immediately relevant or recent. Otherwise, it feels too forced and unnatural.”

Could they be considered lazy?

“I’m sure there’s somebody who could believe that, but that doesn’t fit me. Seeing that I’m usually burning the midnight oil working on reports (aside from during the ‘Murphy’ Incident when I went out with Tina, if only to get a feel of town and give my mind a break)… At worst, you could call me selectively active.”

How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?

“If it’s something I know I did wrong, it might take a while (at least a couple of days), especially if it’s something serious.”

How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?

“Usually, it depends on if I’m even familiar with it in the first place. If I have any idea what that ‘thing’ is, I’d be willing to humour them. If I know what it is and I like it enough, I’ll join in on the excitement. Otherwise, I’m sure I’d support them but be nonetheless clueless about what they’re on about.”

Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?

“My last serious relationship was with Bobby, so that probably answers part of it. Since her, I really haven’t been whole-hearted at finding someone (which I’m sure gives her some degree of pleasure), but I feel I’ve gone long enough. But the idea of it just falling into my lap doesn’t sit well with me. Either I have a go at it or let it slip out of my fingers. Even the idea of Tina setting me up with someone doesn’t sound right, although she’s allowed to plan a few things to go with it.”

Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?

“For names I’d need to remember but might have a habit of forgetting, I’d attach an idea or associate them with something else (like an object, for example). Otherwise, I’m pretty good with having them stick in my mind for a while, especially if I work with them for long enough. Other things I just have to write down–I need to have a physical copy of such things if I want any hope of remembering them. If someone else has an anagram (King Phillip Comes Over For Great Sex for Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species was one a biology teacher taught me), it will probably stick with me for a while if I’m already interested in it.”

What memory do they revisit the most often?

“It was a couple of days after I had poured my heart out in front of Tina about Bobby. Tina thought that we needed to head out and have a fun time (not just because of my issues, but she was also looking to get out of town). We went out to this amazing restaurant (Vietnamese, Thai, and Filipino–she has a cousin of some sort who is a co-owner of the place) and a show she had been looking forward to seeing. It wasn’t what I would’ve ordinarily picked if I was heading out to the city (the last time I was at a concert, I had something of a bad experience there), but it was probably the most fun I’ve had in years. Whenever I feel especially stressed or otherwise not in a good mood, I think about that. Not only the fun I had, but the feeling that things were returning to a state of normality–that I wasn’t out of place, and things were right as they were meant to be.”

How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?

“How big and how bad are we talking here? I can ignore a lot if it’s minor in comparison, and I can bring myself to adapt to small flaws. Beyond that, expect me to notice and/or be vocal about it. Especially when it comes to willful ignorance–if you don’t know and don’t care about something important, I won’t be a happy Lucas. I have ended friendships over things like that.”

How sensitive are they to their own flaws?

“Tina knows all too well how easy it is for me to slide into self-doubt when things get bad, or my need to take on more than my fair share of responsibility for things, whether it’s warranted or not. And that I’m a borderline workaholic. Would that be a good start?”

How do they feel about children?

“Are you asking about them in general or about having them? For the former, it really depends on how well they’re raised. Verda and his husband, for example, have managed to raise some remarkable children; I’ve once commented that, were I the age of their eldest, for example, I’d probably have loads of fun being around them. On the other hand, I’ve seen a few pint-sized monsters in my own life. As for me… I’m still resigned to the possibility of being the godfather of Tina’s children. Though the idea of a child or two in my life with the right woman to help raise them does have its’ own appeal. I never really had a dad, and part of me wonders if I won’t screw it up.”

How badly do they want to reach their end goal?

“Honestly, you’d have to kill or injure me enough to stop me. To the best of my ability, and by the laws and ordinances of Wayhaven and this nation, I will protect every inhabitant of this village, do my part to insure the safety of every law-abiding supernatural being (vampire or otherwise), and stand against those who threaten them. I swore an oath to this village and its’ mayor, and I gave my word to Agent Ava du Mortain, and I consider my word to be as close to an unbreakable contract as I can make it.”

If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?

“Straight. Heterosexual. Attracted to the opposite sex. Possibly self-repressed?”

3 Likes

For those that want the Ao3 version of Not a Confession Exactly

Also working on that update for Shall We Dance so if you guys have questions/headcanons/etc shoot me an ask here or on tumblr :))

6 Likes

So… Ahem… I wrote an ‘official fanfic’. Dear lord, this makes me nervous… and I have no idea why…

This weekend I heard a certain song (originating from the year 2016) for the first time and at once this moment came to mind at hearing certain parts of the lyrics. Naturally I had to get it out of my system, otherwise I would have gone mad.

Thus, for those who are interested, here is the link:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14254710

6 Likes

hello everyone!! :smiley: so i’ve been a fairly long time lurker of the forums and i thoroughly enjoy all the art/fics/theories and overall passion of every single one of yall! Book 2’s gonna take some time for it to be released so all of this is helping me survive what’s going to be a long drought. here’s my small contribution to this fandom and i hope everyone will still be active until Book 2 arrives!!

56 Likes

I love this. This is fantastic. Well done!

1 Like