Wayhaven Chronicles Fanwork! Everyone's art in the first post!

What is that, you ask? Two fics at once? That’s right lads, I forgot to make a post last time so now I’m doing two in one.

A Storybook Kind of Romance was just published. If you want Nat wooing the heck out of Tanwen, my ray of sunshine detective, and Tanwen being appropriately very flustered, this is the fic for you

(Un)Welcome Interruptions is something of a different beast. Written based on absolutely amazing art by @SomethingSome about Bobby being his usual self to Keiji and Tahir getting… protective (art which is also embedded in the fic itself!). Part of the Keiji/Tahir(/Mason) AU, which is now all collected in the did it hurt series for convenience

5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the point of the thread but…I figure this ask/answer would be rather inspiring to us folks:

I present to thee, Sera’s answer about A visiting Japan’s Cat Island!!!

Tell me true, is anyone else tempted to draw A being simultaneously drowned yet relaxed in cats???

9 Likes

Would that I could draw cats my friend.

Utterly adorable, oh my god.

1 Like

I wish I could draw. I have this great mental image of a cat putting its butt in A’s face, because they deserve it.

3 Likes

First ever Douglas art ever, I claim Douglas superiority and self-title of Douglas’ Lover.
@Mewsly, we gotta spread more love about our son!

56 Likes

Yesssss!!! Our beautiful, perfect, useless son!!! I love him!! This looks so good!! :two_hearts:

We need a heart 10X button cause trash son deserves all the likes! It looks great!

2 Likes

@Mewsly @dagger1819 I don’t know what happened, you guys.

I tried to re-write Casseroles and Cheez-Its (aka Nat’s New Neighbor) to include the little skit I wrote earlier, but instead, Angst du Mortain struck again and the re-write ended up making chapter two angsty instead of funny.
Damn you, du Mortain!!!

In any case, here’s the re-written chapter two (Ava’s Awkward Avoidance).

And here’s chapter one (Nat’s New Neighbor) in case anyone missed it.

11 Likes

Oh man this was fantastic! Great work as usual!:+1:

1 Like

aw, shucks! :heart:

1 Like

Aww poor Ava. Feelings are confusing.

1 Like

Ava: Feelings are so hard! Why do I have so many??? :sob:

5 Likes

Casually drops the best bois here. I love them so much.

51 Likes

Man, I have got to figure out how you do short hair like that. < insert dramatic sigh here >

1 Like

When all else fails, you scribble lines >:3 also most importantly is to find references. I intended Mason to have a tamer wavy hair instead of the wild curly one I gave him here but eh I had troubles drawing it sometimes. Also I’ve been wanting to draw Adam with the usual soldier cut. He somehow reminds me of a renegade Shepherd from Mass effect.

I haven’t played enough ME to have an opinion on that, but yeah, references are probably the most important thing.

Scribbles, though? Really? I mean, I see it, now that you say it, but it sounds so … simple.

Thanks for the tip!

@Meira_Litch Something I just found out: we can make our posts wiki-posts, which means anyone can edit them. That way, everyone can add their links and a summary if they like so you don’t have to take time out of your day to do it! :slight_smile: Just a suggestion since I’m about to go wiki the FAQ.

4 Likes

After some proportion (though cropped since it’s isn’t exactly proportional :frowning_face:), coloring and the face difficulty, I finally finished drawing one of my MC:

And I second @rose-court to make the main post wiki @Meira_Litch, it must be tiring to compile fan work every time it’s posted :grimacing:

11 Likes

I know I promised an update for Easter but family obligations got in the way. So I decided to post instead a one-shot that could be read separately from Shall We Dance but if you’ve read the fic then you know it’s the telephone booth incident in Chapter Three

Tiny Preview Because I'm Not Yet Done Editing

“Shows what he knows of competence. You are good at what you do, Detective.”

“If I was,” Emma whispered slowly, her gaze tilting upwards to meet Adam’s, “I would’ve figured us out a long time ago.”

“Us?”

“Yeah. Us.”

Another boom of thunder echoed outside, the howling of the winds rattling against the glass as a flash of lightning struck again. In that moment, Adam had shifted his weight towards her – almost pinning her against the glass. His eyes bore into her own with a kind of intensity that Emma knew the scales in his mind had begun to weigh her confession.

“Adam, what are we exactly?”

Hopefully I’ll be able to post a little later today!

7 Likes