Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

Who knows. You may find that one person who you dont want to kill.

1 Like

Oh come on, that’s not fair. There actually isn’t a single person that I have any desire to kill.
I mean…humans just don’t count as people.

2 Likes

Thank freakin GOD. Honestly you could write 5 pages of Leto just staring intensely at my MC and I’d be happy. And you know, since he can sense blood he can probably tell when people are nervous/excited around him? That’d be embarrassing for my MC…

I do really love him though. At first glance he’s your typical bad-boy brooder but I love that you gave him vulnerabilities that make sense for him. Like he looks super intimidating with the eyes and the sinister power, but he’s scared of what he’s capable of (and turned himself in to learn control because of it). Also he’s just hilarious. I died laughing at his response to drooling on your shoulder.

I think @Helsinki made a good suggestion for this. You can avoid the italicized explanation and maybe just have the MC looking over their options of who to sit with at lunch, and explain which group seemed to be leaning where. Then like Helsinki said just stick in the “this is a good opportunity to make some like-minded allies” bit or something similar and voila. Should be good.

5 Likes

@Blank HAhahah agreed. Next target: Leto.

@ErisErato OMG what theres a part where he drools on your shoulder??? WHAT?? howd i miss it

2 Likes

YES. I missed it the first time too. You have to be on the Outcasts investigation. It happens while you guys are waiting for Kalypso to do her thing with the tablet and comp - right before you guys test out your powers and how it makes the wristbands react. I’m not sure if you need a certain rep level with him or if it happens automatically every time though.

3 Likes

Omnicide buddies wooo!

What is the password for Dean’s computer???

So as I’m coming to the end of writing Chapter 5, I’m going to end up ending the demo there as well. And the only updates the game demo will get is any fixes and small additions so it’s not incomplete.

With that being said I’m looking for closed beta testers. At the moment I already have an idea of some people from this forum that I’d like to become beta testers simply because they’ve been a big help with the game so far: @GenecoInheritor, @Interestedparty, and @Blank off the top of my head. But I’m also looking for four more.

Any future updates regarding the game will be posted on my tumblr. My tumblr has all the character sheets (and an updated Leto cos I had to fix his eyes) and I’ll soon be posting guides (by the way @Sailendranath_Murmu the password is GBRJ_0922Lawrence) and other stuff because I’ve had people ask about powers and romances. Plus, I’m generally more active and able to answer more questions there, than here. :grin:

9 Likes

I’ve been a help? Aww shucks :slight_smile:

:smile: I’m having a good day now. I can’t get enough of this story

Thanks…I was using 2209 like before instead of 0922.

OSM
Gonna go replay rn ahhahaha

Oh for crying out-
Genocide =/= Omnicide! Why does everyone keep having confusion about this!

Gasp! I’m helpful…
But I don’t twitter. Or social media.

So you don’t want to destroy every human, super, Animal, insect, space alien, etc?

I just wanna be a hero :sob:

Hey there buddy there’s an infinite number of parallel universes. You might rise up and become a hero but in the process drag down Evil/Corrupt “Heroes” so you are the catalyst for Them becoming Villains. While for me the catalyst to becoming a universe destroying monster is a shitty life of abuse from bullies, being used by Villains, having my parents try to force me to live their life, condescending heroes, and the horrors of prison. But I can destroy my universe while you save yours

2 Likes

I will good luck destroying your world

No! Why would I want to kill the puppies?! Or the red pandas?! They’re adorable and innocent!

Killing humans is no different than spraying pesticide over an infestation of ants. They’re like skittles, in that you viciously destroy each and every one that you ever come across and still never get a bad taste in your mouth.

You are a hero!
So far as the story has presented, humans across the board are objectively without morals. Every single one of them is prejudiced, horrible, and without empathy. Barring one, none of them have displayed any redeemable qualities and are perfectly satisfied with incarcerating and torturing minors, and taking them into their creepy murder dungeon to never be heard from again. Not to mention calmly going down hallways and gunning down kids without any kind of hesitation. And there’s not even all that much variety among them. Kill one nameless human and you’ll see one exactly like it when you round the corner.

Mutants, on the other hand, have different personalities, names, and characteristics. There’s variety among them. There are good mutants and bad mutants, and in-between mutants. They’re actual people.

What I’m getting at is that humans aren’t people and you should thus have no moral quandaries about exterminating them all so that mutants can finally get started on forming their own society without a bunch of insects eating their crops.

The way I see it, if I get through this entire game without killing a single mutant, my conscience will be clean and that “kill counter” will remain comfortably at zero.

3 Likes

Good luck saving yours :slight_smile:

I am going to make Earth a silent dead planet so one day visitors from another universe will come and find a dead world cloaked in endless night.

I’ll send the link through messages on this site so no need.

No! I will not continue to laugh at this!! :rofl: