Various minor forum changes

This is far more clever than anything I could ever imagine, so I am supporting this instead of offering any new suggestions.

1 Like

I actually mentioned this when back when it was still just black.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/epic-profile-pics-where-do-i-sign-up/13543/25?u=retowers

I guess to really get it you have to know that in the “yin yang symbol” the yin is the dark part, and represents femininity. To put it simply people would look at the symbol, and since it was almost always on a light background, it almost always looked like a standard yin yang symbol, when in fact it was literally just the yin side all along. Basically, when looking at my icon, people would see a yang, that is a masculine side, that never existed in the first place. Just like me. :trans_flag:

10 Likes

Agh, this is too deep for my puny brain.

On the other hand, mine looks sucks in dark mode :[

1 Like

:nonbinary_flag: :nonbinary_flag: Another flag today :nonbinary_flag: :nonbinary_flag:

1 Like

Yea; something similar if not possible to get the exact (I was thinking for consistency) color.

That’s pretty deep!
Now I think I should’ve thought through my icon more than
“Hmm angel thing”
“Hmm angel thing with a transparent background!”

I would say mine represents how on the surface I like white background’s, but in reality I hate filthy, monocolour backgrounds :smile:

Sorry for the late reply, made a profile now, really appreciate the help :slight_smile: .

https://meta.discourse.org/u/creepypastakittyfay

Edit: also, yes unticking the box just applies night mode on my phone, love it :slight_smile: . As I could invert colours via accessibility settings like I do on my laptop(which is why I didn’t want night mode on my laptop as invert colours…well inverts colours so night mode on my laptop would be really bright and light) but invert colours mode is implemented nowhere near good on my phone as it is on my laptop, messing up my wallpaper, youtube videos etc.

Hrm, I was actually looking at this myself, and, to my knowledge, the standard way of handling images for screen readers is to read the alt text. That said, the emojis already have alt text.

Hrm, actually you said you use JAWS 14 and android 8 talkback? I can actually test this myself, and I’ll have a better idea of what to do in about a week, sorry if I seem all over the place.

1 Like

Again really appreciate the help :slight_smile: , Hmm just checked on android, and clicked on an unlabelled button next to the minimise composer panel button(so just reads out button) and it brings up all the composer buttons such as quote, emogies etc and does read them out, sorry my mistake. But it doesn’t read the emogies when I click the emogie button. However I just tried it on my laptop too, and to open up the emogies I click on the button menu and it does bring up the emogies, maybe it would read them, but their is no obvious way to navigate to them if you get me? But JAWS does read out emogies other people have posted.

:ace_flag: :ace_flag: Another flag today :ace_flag: :ace_flag:
(Note that It’s called :ace_flag:)

4 Likes

A few suggestions for Titles :yum:

Discoverer > Browser > Member > Reader > Enthusiast
Newborn > Child > Teenager > Grown-Up > Elder

1 Like

So…moderator = immortal?

2 Likes

Moderator = Pensioner? :thinking:

1 Like

Moderator = Grim Reaper

1 Like

No Moderator = Fate

Just to speak up but I kinda like “Regular”. It’s only the leader rank that might do with a less authoritarian sounding title, imho.

4 Likes

Kindergardner? :smile:

1 Like

my god, the accuracy…

Mm, what about…well, paragon is a bit much, but maybe something along those lines, implying that leaders are examples to follow rather than simply having certain powers.

1 Like

I actually like the old categories as they are and don’t see anything wrong with them, but if they must be changed, then please don’t use any terminology that sounds…“elitist”, I guess. Not sure if I am choosing the right word here. I see some fun suggestions up above, but I also see some that are…not so great and would make me feel uncomfortable watching people being labeled as “vetted member” or “captain” or “paragon”. And yes, I say that without offering anything else to replace that terminology. :woman_shrugging:

I would like to say a big “thank you” for the darker theme. The white always hurt the heck out of my eyes, so this is a vast improvement.

10 Likes

:pan_flag: :pan_flag: Another flag today. :pan_flag: :pan_flag:

2 Likes