Upcoming Releases update

People ought to be allowed to vent. No one believes Choice Of holds malicious intent. It’s simply unprofessionalism. As the company grows, we will see it naturally move towards the professionalism found in other game companies. That is all.

2 Likes

People ought to be allowed to vent. No one believes Choice Of holds malicious intent. It’s simply unprofessionalism. As the company grows, we will see it naturally move towards the professionalism found in other game companies. That is all.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

I’m going to continue to buy CoG games, continue to promote them, and continue to try and help them build their business up as I can as a fan.

But I’ll also call them out when they’re doing something that makes me feel frustrated, because I would want the same as business owner. But also, because it’s probably just an oversight and not malicious at all. Bringing it to their attention can help them rectify it. If I pretend that it doesn’t exist, they won’t know and I’ll just grow to resent them.

2 Likes

I still think that this thread is making a big stink about nothing important.

I still think that this thread is making a big stink about nothing important.

Translates: “It’s not important to me, therefore it mustn’t be important.”

I, and others in this thread, have expressed we waste our time over something that could be fixed with Jason spending just 5 seconds. As I also stated it also creates ill will with loyal customers. Which is probably important for them not to do.

That’s not what I meant. I meant “you’ve said your piece, @FairyGodfeather updated the thread like you asked, why are we still talking about this?”

The forum is unofficial. The release date thread says “these dates are not official and might be inaccurate.” You continue to argue even when your original point has been resolved. So yes, I think we’re done here.

6 Likes

Hi Everybody!

That new staff member here. I’m really glad on the one hand that there are people checking and re-checking the Release Dates thread, and I’m sympathetic to folks who would prefer that this was something ironclad and constantly being updated whenever something changes. I’m new on the scene here, so I’m not going to speak for @jasonstevanhill, but . . . a few things: A) I don’t want anyone to feel frustrated (@zachinglis) and B) I think we’re pretty durn professional (@redditz) C) It’s really not an official thread. I receive a lot of mail from fans asking and sometimes demanding to know when something is going to get released. It’s not appropriate for me to share guesses, and it’s not appropriate for fans to bug authors about it on the forums–I was told there’s a rule against this? Similarly, I feel like a couple folks are doing the equivalent of bugging an author here, but instead are speculating about why COG staff do or don’t have time to update this and surely it just takes a second, etc. Yes, it is a courtesy to our fans and we should respect that. Yes, I do want to make people happy and that’s actually something I take a lot of pleasure in–making our customers and fanbase happy.

But yes, I’ll also take the thread away if ya’ll get too shirty about it. So far, I don’t think that’s the case, so no worries. :relieved:

I will talk to Jason about how and when and why we update and whether that can be something I take on as one of my tasks. I think my short answer is that yes–we’re pretty much focussed on getting a game out the door. If you can understand that the thread is cum grano salis then it will continue.

10 Likes