Unsupervised - You were a sidekick. Now, you kick ass. (WIP)

You can get pretty close to it by choosing Enhanced Physique + the urban crimefighter mentor + choosing you didn’t have a good relationship with them.

I still remember this from Young Justice after all these years

It seems Rattlebag’s death always comes back to… haunt me. :ghost:

But I found the bug. I’ll update the game soon. Thanks for the report!

I predicted that something like that could happen and, since the game locks you inside TAILOR if you are not wearing any pants (or something else as lower body gear), I added the option for Budget Pants that don’t cost anything. BUT I should have let the player know that instead of adding just another option that people might not see (and won’t know it’s free). Also, I forgot to add another free option for upper-body gear for female characters. Will fix that.

Thanks for the report!

Oops. You’re right, there’s a segment missing on that end. I’ll fix it.

Found the problem. Neither Heroism nor Villainy should ever go down, as Public Opinion is made of a combination of the two, but there was a remnant from an early draft that was reducing the value. Should be fixed soon. Thanks for the reports!

Also, winners don’t take drugs, so congratulations on that. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Oh don’t worry that’s the path I’m taking lol renegade Superboy ftw lol :laughing:

1 Like

Having time powers is sooo useful for hiding my vigilante crimes while looking like a merciful superhero

6 Likes

First thing I saw that I really did not like was click after click of single word onomatopoeia. Would it work if the various extended clicks were compressed to one page per train?

1 Like

Winners don’t cheat and cheaters don’t win; anyway, after the “end” when asked if we wanna play the unpolished part, I couldn’t continue since I hit 7 in all of my stats and got a “no selectable option”

2 Likes

I guess mods don’t like seeing spam… :cold_sweat:

We originally tried putting the onomatopeias all in one page but we didn’t like the result. If a lot of people complain about it we’ll probably have to change that, but so far we have a soft spot for the way it is now.

Can you tell me which power you had? We did some changes to try to balance stats for enhanced physique but that might have ended up inflating the stats values. Either way, I’ll make sure that not being able to upgrade stats won’t lock people out. Thanks for the report!

4 Likes

I had the Enhanced Physique and Superstrength

2 Likes

Me, waiting for W.I.S.P and Wake of Wyrm:

38 Likes

I rather like it. If it went on for more than a few words or happened too frequently, that could be a problem, but it doesn’t, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Heheh.

Another thing:

Heroism: 30
Villainy: -4
Public Opinion: Anti-Heroes

Why am I an anti-hero when my villainy is negative?

Another thing: I asked Blair about the drug, and…

“I can’t, Continuum… I just can’t. What if the same thing that happened to Annie and Lorival happens to you? What if you end up dying because of me?”

I haven’t told her my secret!

Another continuity error…I blame time manipulation

While you were talking with Blair, the others went looking for clues themselves. Though you didn’t manage to acquire any useful information, by the time you get back to the Museum of Morrow you learn that they have a big lead.

Since you had told them the real names of Candy Crusher and Meduser, they started digging on the lives of those two.

“Long story short, we think we know out who was supplying them,” Ghostling says. "It’s a dealer who calls himself Jackdaw, and we even got his address. "

I found out about Jackdaw myself from Blair.

5 Likes

Oh, this is so good. As a fan of superhero comics, I’m really looking forward to reading more. Wishlisted!

The fighting scenes are awesome, I really like all the possibilities of outcomes of using our elemental powers. I got some Runaways (the comics, not the series) vibes, and it’s one of my favorite stories from Marvel. And the cover art is just so cool!

I didn’t replay the game yet but can I ask you if there’s a way of the childhood friend don’t hate us without lying to them? Because I was absolutely honest with them, and in the end, they got really pissed with me. I’m asking this because I don’t know if the way they got pissed excludes the possibility of the childhood friend becoming a member of my party later.

8 Likes

Do you remember if it was the usual level-up screen (with you spending XP) or if it was the special level-up screen in which stats points are refunded? The refunding one should only appear in the beginning of the game, but maybe it bugged.

EDIT: think I found the bug, you were getting the refund points more than once per level up.

Probably related to the previous bug, as villainy should never go down anyway.

The code that sets the string for Public Opinion also needs a review, we’ll do it.

Do you remember if you told them you wanted to know about the superdrug because you wanted to take it?

Will fix this. Thanks for the reports!

Definitely one of the inspirations for the game. Glad you like it so far, and thanks for the wishlist!

There possibly is, maybe tied to Presence. I have to check because that scene has a lot of variations. But even if they get pissed, you can still salvage things later.

5 Likes

Damm, I thought we get to enjoy 3 free points every time the level-up screen appear

1 Like

Refunding one definitely, it appeared 3 times over the course of the playthrough

Indeed

1 Like

This is amazing i played through all night long and i still want more omg.

Though id like to see the description every time we level up our elements. It showed up the first we did it but not for the rest of the story.

13 Likes

Oh this was so good.
I really dig the setting and the characters; they remind me a lot of the Teen Titans/ Young Avengers.

6 Likes

I got this trying to increase Presence. This was after I took a walk through Paris with Sawyer.

Okay, it seems we didn’t fix it completely yet. I’m adding a temporary workaround to it to make sure people don’t get stuck on that screen. Please check if you’re playing version 0.42h. If the version doesn’t update, you might need to refresh your browser or delete the cookies for dashignDon.

7 Likes

I love it. Nice way to introduce the characters and their colourful personality’s. Also I liked the fact that we get to pick a origin story for the Mc instead of predetermined. Can’t wait for more

6 Likes

What’s the ages of the characters