UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

Ah yes, that’s what it was called. I accidentally got it on one of my first playthroughs and then couldn’t figure out to get it again. I snooped around in the code a bit and it turns out that to learn shimmer you must at least absorb one soul before the whole trying to stop the necromancer who has your brother’s body thing.

Azure players could use Angelus (in a blade or bow form) Letvir Vatra, Venetor I suppose could be used on someone else I’ll have to think about it. They can also learn Shimmer which is the teleport ability.

Other Azure powers seen in Game was the ability to pull a living soul out enough to cut the soul chain (done by the mother.)

Shade players could use Form to create weapons as well as Shields and cages, focus to enhance their physical abilities, will and can release shade in a short range blast, cloak can hide and increase a players awareness with experience you can even turn it into a sort of armor.

The players brother is unique in the case of what happens to him. his powers manifested after death during the reanimation which is how he can do that false reanimation /shadow puppets ability.

1 Like

So your brother is some sort of abomination, a dark azure imbued with the lifeforce of animator’s. He was incredibly unique because normally if the animator is dead or knocked out the lifeforce becomes deactivated, but Alex remained alive.

He gave me the feeling of a fallen angel

It’s more like his own power overrides the animators power hence why he can kill the animator and stay “alive”

And we wonder why the fae fear them!

Hey, I was reading the post for Unnatural season one and a suggestion you had near the start of the post is where some cases require you to be gender specific. Like the all female prison idea, we could have these cases to be a two way path… You’re male and your partner is female, we go to an all female prison, your partner will go undercover in the prison whilst yourself reviews security feeds and rosters to see if the target is a guard instead of a prisoner, and if the roles are switched then it’s opposites, let’s say you are both female, you both go undercover into the prison, both males will do the security role and bring in someone to go in the prison.

Also an obvious question, there will be more characters to perhaps play roles separate from the partners? And can we build relationships with them? Let’s say Elizabeth from armoury, Marie (especially so if you promised Samuel to protect her) and Arthur have the relationship stat too, and then some fresh characters which play recurring roles, like an intelligence operative and R&D.

I do hope Marie has her own side story in this, keeping her safe and learning more of her Animator powers. It’s something which never failed to capture my attention and when you have the choice to promise to keep her safe. Like if you do make the promise, she could live with you or your uncle and auntie temporarily since I’m having a wild guess to say she lived with Samuel

Edit: oh and how she is around you depends on how you spoke to Samuel in the final chapter and if you let Marie see him on last time. Of course she will be very shy still but it’s whether she finds you kind hearted or frightening.

2 Likes

Hey can you send me the link to your demo I can’t find it because it’s not on the first post and I tried to find the original post you put it on but I cant seem to find it can you please help me. Because I loved this game so much I’m still wodering what happened to ashley or whatever that girl’s name is that you meet when your in one of the going in the field groups I forget what it was. And what about that girl we saved in the libary is she an azure as well it would be interesting if we had an azure romance. Even thow I had the romance with ashley or whatever that girl’s name was I would hate that you could not continue the relationship in season two but on the other hand you can take chances with the new chareters and have romances with them so yah please help me out. Adamthecowdog and people don’t yell at me for putting my form name there I know the rule I do it because it’s like if you guys were doing a letter to the athouor so that’s why I do that. Anyway please help me out NS I love your game and I want to see it. Adamthecowdog

No demo link yet, @Nocturnal_Stillness is working on the storylines atm. Ashley’s fate completely depends on your choices, if she lives or dies but she will be seen in second season if she survives.

The girl you save in library, you referring to Marie? She isn’t an azure but an Animator, she can use her powers in reverse to save someone’s life if they’re dying or not long dead. Look back at my post just before yours, she will return if she lives but as I mentioned I’m hoping for her own side story if you made the promise with Samuel.

Existing relationships will continue in season two, what happens in them depends on what Noc would like from it, and of course you will be given a choice to break off from it. Most relationships ends up with them moving in with you (or so it implies) so we’ll get that in more depth I hope.

1 Like

In season two will your brother return again?

I’m trying to cull the character pool to devote more time to more intimate character interaction. There will be a few new characters but the majority will be confined to cases apart from a select few.

4 Likes

@reaper95 I doubt it, your brother’s revival and the srt explosion was the season bombshell (no pun intended).

@Nocturnal_Stillness of course, since most of the chapters are being on cases. Will there be milestones when we reach the relationship stat to a certain level? Like your SO and closer friends per say

2 Likes

Ive been gone for awhile, been very busy, but im very happy you’re still doing unnatural, ill be seeing the new updates soon

I’ve opened up my files recently and have come to the conclusion that I dislike how season two is progressing I’m having trouble writing the start as it lacks the suspense of season one’s intro. Because of this for the time being and for my sanity I intend to skip over the start and begin working on the cases themselves for Episode One I can always fix the start later and my personal troubles is really a buzz kill for my writing, coming in dribs and drabs with very little flow. Hopefully moving onto the cases will help as they all have a distinct structure.

Work on season 2 at your own pace, doesn’t matter if you start from the beginning, middle or even the end. It will all fall into place once you’ve finished. Also your personal struggles come first, don’t drive yourself batsy, but if writing is your stress relief then that’s understandable.

We’re all a patient bunch here, we can wait as long as it takes :blush: just make sure to take care of your health above all else

2 Likes

Done a little bit of work on the character creation bit when I had an idea of having the current build of the game (i,e character creation for people starting a new game) be an physciatry interview where a physcologist is talking to the protagonist after the events of the first game.

Do you think that would be an interesting way of doing it?

Also in more news, as I originally wanted season two to be released in time for this halloween but that never happened so I’m aiming for a Halloween 2016 release so I need it done by August 2016, hopefully setting a deadline will help me get back into the swing of things. I also plan to do some major writing over the next week aiming to get the first draft of episode one done in time for this Halloween.

I really like the idea of a psychiatric interview being the basis for new-game creation. I’m looking forward to seeing how you develop season two!

Very unique! It can also set choices that you would of made in the first game (azure or shade, strengthen or destroy the seal, who you promoted to Gamma, who lived and died, relationships if you want that).

Here is what I’ve come up with so far.

The silence was palpable only broken by the frenzied tapping of pen on paper. Slumped in the chair you watch the doctor attack the forms 
with the speed and precision of a surgeon. He pauses briefly to study you over the rim of his glasses, before resuming the frenzied tapping.

"Name?" he says in a soft voice.
*choice
    #Dean Bell.
        *set name "Dean"
        *set surname "Bell"
        *set gender "Male"
        *set male true
        *set friend "Craig"
        *goto school
    #Connor Ingham.
        *set name "Connor"
        *set surname "Ingham"
        *set gender "Male"
        *set male true
        *set friend "Craig"
        *goto school
    #Megan Swann.
        *set name "Megan"
        *set surname "Swann"
        *set gender "Female"
        *set female true
        *set friend "Sarah"
        *goto school
    #Evelyn White.
        *set name "Evelyn"
        *set surname "White"
        *set gender "Female"
        *set female true
        *set friend "Sarah"
        *goto school

*label school

"I am here to talk about the events that caused the S.R.T. to be shut down. But I always find it helps to find out who you are, 
before I learn how I can help you."

You shrug. "Where do you want to start?"

"School. Tell me ${name}, what kind of student were you?"
*choice
    #I excelled at Athletic pursuits.
        "Of course. So you must have been accepted into Unit Alpha then."

"Correct."
        *set physical 60
        *set mental 40
        *set will 20
        *set alpha true
        *goto srt_history
    #I excelled at Academic pursuits.
        "Of course. So you must have been accepted into Unit Beta then."

"Correct."
        *set physical 40
        *set mental 60
        *set will 20
        *set beta true
        *goto srt_history
    #I did a bit of both if I'm honest.
        "Interesting. I suppose you got to choose which unit you got into."

"Yes. I chose to become a 
        *set physical 45
        *set mental 45
        *set will 30
        *fake_choice
            #member of Unit Alpha.
                *set alpha true
            #member of Unit Beta.
                *set beta true
        *goto srt_history
3 Likes

Could I suggest one?

At the end of the interview, the doc talks about PTSD and suggest regular check ups remaining close to loved ones to reduce stress and possible episodes. The MC can think back to their Uncle and Aunt and the player can set a RI if they so desire.

Yeah that could work quite nicely.