Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

So both of the Soumancer’s possible weapon were previously wielded by women ? is it just a coincidence or are female soulmancer usualy stronger than male or transmit their power more easily ?

No. female Soulmancers aren’t stronger than male Soulmancer. They are more or less equal in terms of power. Though, there is actually one part that sets male and female Soulmancers apart. Female Soulmancers have it much easier to transmit their powers to their offspring, which is the reason why the child of two Soulmancers would almost always inherit the weapon type of their mother.
But back to the Topic. You see, there is a reason for why the Soulmancer Ancestors are all female, but that is sadly something that I cant tell you right now since it would spoiler a major revelation in a later part of the Story.

5 Likes

What of Grey Wolves?

Umm, could you be a little bit more specific?

Hey, got a question, what is the general lifespan of the playable races? I read somewhere in this thread that some of them live quite long. :thinking:

Similar info as to what we just got on the gunslinger.

Ah, I wondered when someone would ask that question.

Kitsune: 900-1200
Dragon: 2000-3000
Grey Wolf: 800-900
Raiju: 1000-1100
Soulmancer: ???

Soulmancer are a rather unique case. You see, their life span is connected to the state of their Soul. As long as a Soulmancer manages to keep their Soul healthy and in a good condition they are basically immortal.

13 Likes

sounds legit, but can the be killed?
e.g pierce their heart, cut of ther head?

would be difficult to pass on lichtblick (in my case)

2 Likes

Yep, they can still be killed like any other non-human being. Only because they are immortal doesn’t mean they are invincible.

Nah, don’t worry. As I said thats almost always the case. Of course there are exceptions.

2 Likes

Also could we like improve our soul weapons…like add a bayonett to it or extra barrel or something simmilar?

2 Likes

Umm ok, but I believe that there isn’t as much to say as about the Gunslinger. However, what I could give you, would be a little bit Intel about the ancestor of the Grey Wolf, if you might be interested in that?

1 Like

count me in, buddy

1 Like

You could alter or improve your Soul Weapon to a small degree, but sadly nothing to extensive that might deviate too much from the original model. For Lawbringer you might be able to add a bayonett or a scope, but a second barrel would already be too much.

3 Likes

how would that apply for lichtblick or the others

Sadly, it wouldn’t. While Lichtblick is a formidable weapon, its still only a Rapier and there aren’t (as far as I know) that many useful options to improve a meele weapon like that. The same applies for Gaé Bolg, Muramasa and Tauroplos. To be honest, the only Soul Weapons which would actually possess any useful improvement options are Lawbringer and Asclepius.

I hope this doesn’t dissapoint you.

2 Likes

nah, as long as this won’t give these two a considerable advatage compared to the others

Kanna Kobayashi lmao

Don’t worry, that will definetely not be the case. As I already said, these changes or improvements would be a rather small matter and won’t give that much of a advantage, that might put you above the other five Soulmancer classes.

1 Like

So more for aestetics and personal costumization?

You could say it like that. However, the improvements for, lets say, Lawbringer would still have a certain effect and might boost some of your abilities a little, but not enough to set you apart from the other five Soulmancer.

1 Like