Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Yes, I think it’s much less complicated for non-humans if they simply hide themself instead of facing hate and discrimination.

the path with the least resistance, a truth on its own, everyone would choose that path

How old are non-humans by the way? I mean is it a new thing of the last century or they existed thousands of years ago? If they existed thousands of years ago it wouldn’t be possible to hide them altogether, I don’t think there could be any groups in ancient times.

One more thing as well, if a human and a non-human fall in love, marry and have children eventually. Do you expect them to keep their identity a secret from their own family and kids? Honestly I’d much rather face discrimination than living in a lie, not telling even my family about my powers and having to hide in fear.

no i do not, i would at least tell my spouse and child, but request them to be confidential about it
@BrachydiosX
would the kid be a non-human aswell? e.g. a soul mancer if were one? or a hybrid?

2 Likes

Non-humans and supernatural beings exist already for thousands of years. However, in the ancient times things were also a little bit different. Back there humans and non-humans lived side by side and the humans were aware of their unusual powers and appearances. That’s also where most of the ancient stories and mythologies are coming from. All those stories which are seen as nothing more than fiction in modern times actually happened. From heroic sagas to various mythologies, the list goes on and on.
However those relations changed during the course of history. The rise of christianity, the crusades, the Inquisition, the countless wars, incidents like these destroyed the relations between humans and non-humans and led to the current situation.

1 Like

That would be quite possible. However it might be important to say, that non-humans prefer to stay close to their own Kind. They have their own communities, with secluded places like bars or vacation spots, were they don’t have to hide themself. Also, most non-humans prefer to stay away from humans or to interact with them as little as possible.

Wouldn’t it be really easy to recognize a non-human? For example you said Chris has regeneration, if they got injured you could easily notice their injuries healing. Besides a simple examination from the doctors could detect them as well

why would they go to a human doctor anyway, i am sure they would go to a non-human octor

3 Likes

Yes, non-humans don’t rely on normal doctors or hospitals. As I already said, they have their own secluded places, which also contain hospitals and medical Offices.

2 Likes

If you are at a school with humans and you get hurt they’ll take you to the normal doctor though.
Oh also what if you tell your spouse about your powers but later you divorce and they tell your secret?

make sure no one beliefs it, claim the spouse to be crazy and in that case everyone will belief it

1 Like

Yeah to be honest thinking about it, if nobody in the world knows about non-humans they will probably say the spouse is crazy and wants revenge and they’d be taken to a mental hospital or something.
But if a lot of spouses would do that people will get suspicious about all these claims and eventually try to investigate.

Yep, I mean who would believe you, if you say that your spouse is a Vampire or a Zombie.

2 Likes

i highly doubt it without solid evidence this will be considered a waste of time and rescources

Also, if things get to complicated, the D.S.R. would simply use magic to erase their memories.

2 Likes

I don’t know though, even today there are some people who believe in ghosts and aliens.
If just 1 person says their spouse has powers they’d just say they are crazy, but if you’d see a lot of people do that it will be a popular topic in the internet and people will actually go investigating.

I would like to see how they will accomplish that without the neccesary rescources

that would be plan b

That is were the “Guardians of Humanity” come in. They are basically those crazy fanatics, who believe in the existence of supernatural creatures. For most humans, they are simply a Group of crazy conspiracy theorist. However, for the non-humans they are a serious threat. I mean they are basically fanatics with guns. Lot’s of guns.

More things about the internet though, what if people actually post videos and evidence of supernatural power? Or if people use software to get fake ip and things like that so they could post about powers in secret? Eventually the internet will go crazy with conspiracy theories and people will go protest in the streets demanding answers.