Trying to pin down an idea

What’s desylia?

I like the sound of the first one more. I love exploration in general and going to places never seen before has an appeal to it. Oh, and Sci-Fi is great, too!

@Moreau loved that show.

@Shoelip a person like myself with desylia means there brain is wired differantly. Some have problems with reading, grammer is very hard for me, or they jumble numbers backwards. They tend to be very bright but have a hard time with writen language. They think in pictures were as most think in words. Agatha Christie was desylic and so are many other well know writers.

Got to go two, more unique

@Lordirish That sounds like Dyslexia.

See lol grammer

I rather like the 2nd idea better than the 1st. It sounds very interesting with the chance to take care of your own man made monstrosity (make the monster or Tesla a love interest, lol).
That being said, you sound pretty enthusiastic about the sci-fi one (or maybe that’s because more people are asking about it?).
or, crazy idea, you can combine the two. You are a young scientist on board of a ship that just got hijacked into the next universe. Before half the crew got K.O. you somehow created a monster who is now on the loose in the ship. Will you tell the remaining crew what you did or keep it a secret. Team up with the monster to overthrow the hijackers or hunt it down? etc. etc.

That would be spelling, not grammar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow so… Not only are they the only people still conscious on the ship but they also all have a hard time reading…

I have problems with grammar and spelling but I can read extremaly well it works differantly for each person, some are numbers and reading.

I’m interested in both ideas, I’ve written the first couple of pages for each to try and see which feels more natural. I think that regardless of which idea I do first, there’s room for a second to come afterwards. To that end, why not make both?

And aurumbelest, I would love to make Tesla a love interest, but no touch-ee the Tesla. He wouldn’t go for that sort of thing, no sir. Although I suppose your character could learn that the hard way…