Too Different Discussion Thread

Not with the right attitude!

10 Likes

I figure itā€™s like this: every other warped has something that gives them some sort of weakness, but their strengths are things that could conceivably be countered by any old rando if they were skilled enough. Maybe itā€™s just me not being imaginative enough, but Iā€™m not sure how to check something like precognition. True (and though we havenā€™t seen it yet) it is mostly vague and up-to-interpretation for Waxies, and involves a ton of ritual, but I wanted to give them something truly crippling, hence the mummy thing. Basically what I am trying to say is that no they donā€™t have bandages until they would be ā€œdeadā€ by human standards of time because making it a process makes it way worse than the other speciesā€™ weaknesses and that was how I wanted it to be as a counter to the overpowered ability to see the future. That, and no one would want to read/play a game where they play as a barely-mobile shriveled near-corpse.

Fair enough. I think precognition is pretty badass, though.

Yeah youā€™ll probs get that until I update or work a way to have some sort of end bumper. Itā€™s just that I havenā€™t written it yet.

Why thank you!

This is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life and I am counting it in my life history as the very first piece of fanart I have received. You are a gift to us mere mortals.

3 Likes

The demo is short but sooooo goodā€¦ i know its kinda early to ask but there will be any romance? :thinking:

2 Likes

That could be made really interesting, doubly so if shopping carts are involved.

2 Likes

Yes. Emil and Yelena are romanceable and probably someone from your motherā€™s people as well.

I confess, you inspire me greatly. (:

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking along the lines of a perfectly mobile sentient that happens to look like a shriveled corpse.

If that doesnā€™t work, maybe they are set apart by an amulet embedded into the skin or some such? As things are, they look essentially human still; can mislead someone who doesnā€™t know the lore. Also, nice to see more major chars make an appearance .

2 Likes

Really enjoying the game so far and Iā€™m happy to see this is a worthwhile side project keep up the good work :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.

Ok, so I noticed that this thread has been unlocked. Frankly, I kind of forgot about it until now :sweat_smile:. Anyways, I decided to play it, after just a couple of sentences in, I immediately remembered it. But I noticed something that I thought was kind of oddā€¦ wording wise, I guess. Basically I chose the ghost route, and what I thought was odd was the fact that @Writing_Fever has written that the ghost MC can hear the footsteps of their ghost uncleā€¦ who is floatingā€¦ not touching the ground at allā€¦ I still like this WiP :grin:

2 Likes

ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ oops

Lol, thank you! (:

3 Likes

Found a bug while playing through:

ā€œstartup line 1267: bad label bday13ā€

Thereā€™s a lot of text in the beginning without any choices. It would be nice to incorporate some interaction earlier into the game in my opinion

Over all an interesting concept, and I would play further

PS
If we choose to play a feminine character it would be cool to have a feminine last name (this isnā€™t a big deal though, just extra)

1 Like

Fixed!

Also fixed this while I was at it lol

I have a less-than-basic knowledge of Russian naming conventions, so for this story I just went ahead and did pseudo-kinda-Russian-maybe names.

1 Like

Hereā€™s another bug:

P.S. Iā€™m so glad that this WIP is back!

1 Like

Fixed!

Haha, thank you!

Ah! Well itā€™s pretty straightforward
Names that end in y/ii/iy/oy/etc become aya or yaya (Mechtatelny ā†’ Mechtatelnaya)
Names that end in ā€œnā€ get an a/ya (Putin ā†’ Putina)
Names that end in v/ff get an a/ya (Romanov ā†’ Romanova)

Russian names are fun, especially the diminutives!

1 Like

I would need to figure out how to code this with the player-typed names, and that involves fiddling with getting the last letters of the last name that they chose and then adding the suffix. I know how to do it in theory, but Iā€™d rather add something like this after Iā€™m done with the story.

1 Like

Seems like it will be interesting. I am going to keep an eye on this and see where it goes. :blush:

1 Like

i like itā€¦

1 Like

Obviously itā€™s early, but whatā€™s there is very sweet. Youā€™re creating a world Iā€™d like to explore, and a character I want to be. Which means youā€™re making me very happy. Thank you.

6 Likes