Tokyo Siege (WIP / short demo) (title open for changes)

I saw a couple mistakes nothing too serious just a couple typos other than that it seems pretty good got me interested

It just seems like it’d be a lot more plausible if it wasn’t set such a small amount of time in the future. In three years we aren’t going to have much better space travel technology than we do today. We can barely get out of Earth’s orbit.

We’ve managed a lot more than that. Just look at the Orion setup for Mars.

Gauss weapons fire physical ammunition, and Pulses is simply a way of making lasers make gradual indentations in material as compared to regular continuous beams that may reshape the material to be more protective against the beams. You may want to fix your introduction as it seems to be insinuating that they are some sort of material.

Also ignore the hoopla about Nuclear weapons causing global devastation and radioactive deadzones. Nuclear airbursts have been conducted for decades with very little radioactivity which generally dwindles to safe levels within weaks. Coldwar ICBMs also generally range in the 20 megaton range, which means 5 are required to replicate the largest Hydrogen bomb the Tsar Bomba, which was 100 megatons. Neither of these creations replicated anything resembling nuclear winter, which by the by is a long disproven hypothesis. Nuclear weapons in the atmosphere cause significant EMP bursts which may render electronic devices useless in a massive area, but are otherwise safe outside 80km of ground zero. Nuclear weapons in space are perfectly safe and will only cause undue damage to nearby satellites.

Also calibre is the proper, English way of spelling it.

Thanks everybody for all the information on nukes and other things.

I just gave some small and basic information aboit Gauss and Pulse And will of course also go into much more detail about it later in the game.

Just to clear this up going to space isn’t hard anymore not at all i mean sure there can be problems but that’s it the only major problem is the cost of such an expidenture. Everything about it costs money nothing is free and if you want the ship to come back down your most likely only going to get about 1-2/5 of the ship back in the first place so is not a cost effective activity for a country

The pilot specialty sounds friggin awesome!

so if they are so safe, why not kick off WW3? Regardless, Earth’s effects aside, the fleet would suffer casualties based on the world’s arsenal launched at once.

Calibre is correct English. Caliber is US English.

You can always add nuclear fallout as one of the hazards to avoid on Earth.

I like the choice of Tokyo and the idea of starting in a US city but having to make your way to one of the safe havens sounds like a fantastic prequel! (if not included in this story).

No, it’s just standard, modern English. :neutral_face:

I think he means
Caliber=US
Calibre=U.K
I use caliber because nationality and such

1 Like

Progress has been going slow, mostly because of school, but I have written stuff.

Now I wan’t to announce that I will put this project on a hold because of the CScomp.