This Blood of Mine (WIP) Last Updated May 3

And she spilled the beans

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

I think its pretty obvious that Alyssa likes the MC more :laughing: she even said that Clyde is just a brother to her

5 Likes

when did she said that? and she didn’t said something like that when i hinted that he likes her

3 Likes

i think she did say he’s like a brother to her when i said that Clyde likes her.

1 Like

she only said that clyde claimed to be in love with another girl with a bright smile, though he meant her

1 Like

Well, knowing my luck, Clyde will be the male fake RO… :disappointed: (And after I spent so long complaining fighting for him to be bi, too…)

3 Likes

oh my bad. not that scene. “What about Clyde?” choice. when u talk to her near the river.

2 Likes

Its when you ask her about her suitors near the tree.

5 Likes

i see that explains it, i took the “what about me” choice

4 Likes

i think it might be the cerlean king. after all, the prince is also a romance option. :thinking:

found some stuff that i put in an imgur album with descriptions of what needs fixing beneath the images! here is it! haven’t found any bugs!

2 Likes

We can but hope… :pensive:

I’ve noticed a few; I’ll try to get a list to you soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think so considering all the character building he is getting ( maybe he dies or something but I think he won’t )

I think the one of the fake ones will be celerian spy

2 Likes

Yeah probably the spy and the rebel or maybe the king >>

whoa i didn’t even notice a laven was on the list of romance options
my guess for the second fake ro (after the king) is probably the laven then, who i have a feeling will die

Well, I’d certainly count a dead boyfriend as someone who “will not really end up with the mc in the end”… :sweat:

@Sophia: I made a list of the typos I spotted (hopefully it doesn’t overlap too much with @komorebi’s list):

Click here for typos!

Their lives were a bliss.

Should just be “Their lives were bliss.” or similar.

To their horror, the bloods they had were nonexistent to their offspring.

This is weirdly phrased… :confused: “nonexistent in their offspring.” would be better, although it could still be improved.

It created a new color, which they would later identify as “Lavens.”

This implies that it’s the colour called “Lavens”, rather than the people.

(As I’ve already said, I think the prologue isn’t really necessary, and could be replaced by a few more lines when the MC’s thinking about their own blood.)

As the shard of glass slashes your flesh, mild amethyst liquid pops from your skin and cover the wound on your hand.

I guess “pops” isn’t exactly incorrect, but it’s certainly an odd choice of words (“leaks” or “dribbles” maybe?) “cover” should be “covers”.

A drop of blood slips on your hand and touched the floor.

Could be “slips”, but I think “drips” works better; “on” should definitely be “off”, though, and “touched” should be something like “hits”.

Your blood glistened as the sun rays from your windows hit the liquid on the ground.

Should be present tense.

The sun already rose and the grass shone like it had its own gentle flow from within.

“The sun has already risen and the grass shines…”
(I’ll probably ignore further tense typos, as there seem to be a few of them)

You smell the air, but the only thing you smelled was your breakfast you were cooking.

Okay, so there are more tense issues here…
I’d suggest using “sniff” instead of the first “smell”.

and some berries to top it all up.

Should be “off”.

Men will now start working on the fields rather than playing fence with other children,

Playing fence? :confused: Do you mean play sword-fighting, or something like that?

You give her a glass of water and she drinks it slowly.

I think a “mug” would be more likely than a glass for Mediaeval peasants…

No quote, but it seems weird that the MC would be expected to work the fields if he already has a job… :confused:

The boy swims, gathering several fishes with the use of a clot.

Doesn’t need the “several” or (probably) “the use of”, and I’m not sure what you mean by “clot” (“net”?)

You first met him when he was climbing a tree and fell unto you.

Should be “onto”.

Despite of that, he doesn’t do nor say anything.

Shouldn’t have the “of”, and the “nor” should be an “or”. (Also, he totally says something on the next line…)

the young boy

I don’t think the MC would see Clyde as “young” if he’s older than them.

You take off your wet clothes and hang it on the branch.

Should be “them”.

Clyde, however, is skeptic of the traditions and beliefs of the people around him.

Should be “skeptical” (although he seems more irreverent than skeptical to me…)

You expected Clyde to give off a sardonic remark

“Sardonic” feels more bitter than Clyde seems to be. “Sarcastic”, maybe?

He freezes every time Alyssa speaks and is not saying any sarcastic remarks lie what he usually does.

Should be “like he usually does”, and probably “doesn’t say”, too.

“I saw you patrolling the streets days ago” Alyssa says as she drinks water. "Didn’t know "

Missing what Alyssa didn’t know (I assume this is for the guard job).

“Festival?” you ask, failing to remember any sort of announcement. “When was that announced?”

I don’t know the culture, but it seems weird that they’d announce a festival only a few days before.
I would’ve thought they’d usually have the same festivals yearly.

You leave the shop immediately see people with carts come by.

Should be “and immediately”.

Alyssa told you that she’ll wait near the bonfire.

Should be “she’d”.

3 Likes

alright, here are my thoughts on ROs and how they could potentially be fake ROs, with 0% knowledge on most of these characters!

• clyde
    -whispers- please god don’t do this to me
  • alyssa
    fake-out ro? where she gets married off to someone else?
  • vermeil princess-regent
    ??? who knows (closest fake-out i can think of is that she marries someone else who is actually a noble)
  • cerlean prince
    could die, leaving us with his father(?)/the king
  • cerlean king
    could be a fling, dies, or gets pissed if we get outed as a laven
  • laven rebel
    probably dies or turns out to be an asshole? maybe tries to manipulate/guilt trip us into joining their cause?
  • vermeil librarian
    got no idea on this one, my guess is that they’d hate that we’re a laven or smth
  • cerlean spy
    -i don’t know sound- maybe too focused on their work?
5 Likes

(comes in and inserts a poll)

Who do you think is the fake RO?

• Clyde
  • Alyssa
  • Vermeil princess-regent
  • Cerlean Prince
  • Cerlean King
  • Laven rebel
  • Vermeil librarian
  • Cerlean Spy

0 voters

1 Like

sophia’s sister picked the cerlean prince in the fake RO poll…

11 Likes

I f$#¥ing expect is not Alyssa…:expressionless: @Sophia