Their Majesties' Pleasure—Revel with royals, rogues, and Fae!

Always down for a Hearts Choice game, and noticed this is the rare three pepper spice. Looking forward to trying! Congrats on the release!

3 Likes

Lissa is always monogamous. Julian and Javier have history but can be pursued either monogamously (including while not being involved with each other) or polyamorously. Galen and Edenia are together but can be romanced separately or together, and as referenced, the Fae are noted to have different standards for relationships in-world.

There really isn’t a sense that you’re breaking anyone up or coming between them in this game. The characters are very comfortable in their relationships with each other and you, and will happily discuss them with you (including making adjustments with things you’re not comfortable with). It’s totally fine if that’s not everyone’s thing, but it’s something that I’m really glad the game explores.

22 Likes

I was trying to find the words to say this. I don’t want to come across as disrespectful to those who feel any amount of preexisting relationship is too much - heck, in real life I wouldn’t feel comfortable getting involved with someone in an open relationship or friends-with-benefits situation - but this game minimizes the issue about as much as I can imagine possible. It wasn’t even clear to me for several beta playthroughs, including one in which I romanced Galen, that Galen and Edenia were more than casual lovers (although I believe the author did rewrite some things to make the relationships better-defined earlier on). I’d say it’s worth at least playing the demo if you’re at all intrigued - you can get a good feel for Julian and Javier’s relationship, at least.

6 Likes

I love the cover art of this game, it’s gorgeous! Unfortunately I think this one isn’t for me too. But I hope we have more f/m games with three spices on heart’s choice from now on.

10 Likes

There are at least two gv/gv three-pepper games in development right now!

11 Likes

Nice, this is a great one. Congratulations to the author.

3 Likes

This was such a nice, little and spicy adventure :slight_smile: Only one playthrough done so far, but what I see, I like!

Gotta admit, I went into this game somehow thinking The Rogue King was the heirs’ dad, The King, and I was all into becoming the new queen :joy: Was proven wrong, which was fine of course!

2 Likes

I have to ask: did you realize before or after things started getting steamy in the cabaret lounge between Julian and Javier? :laughing:

3 Likes

Short and sweet game. Liked the character and the general plot.

My only complaint is that there is not enough fey shenanigans.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the game a lot, and was especially happy to see some very natural and positive poly representation, and that I was able to achieve my goals and get a generally happy ending for everyone, without too much stress or strategy.

I have only played as non-binary, and was fine with vague language about the MC’s anatomy (even if I’d prefer the ability to explicitly choose it), and I’m a little disappointed to hear that the binary gender options assume the MC’s anatomy to be ‘cis-like’.

7 Likes

Enjoyed this one a lot! Not too heavy, but still with enough depth to keep you engaged. Love that it’s relatively easy to get a good ending, too. (I don’t know if it’s just me, but sometimes, having to obsess over stats can be a bit draining.) Overall, just a fun time with some great characters in an imaginative and beautifully written fantasy world. Hope to see more projects from this author in the future!

7 Likes

Same! Until then, she’s written some non-interactive books you might like to check out.

5 Likes

Way before, thank the Maker :joy:

2 Likes

Excellent tale proops to the writer, played through Queen Edenia’s and Princess Lissa’s paths both being a true joy to read, of course would love more erotic scenes but the court intrigue portrayed with the MC having the power to sway the King on different ocassions was very entertaining.

The novel succeeded on its unique portrayal of the different factions including the Underground(the mysterious and frightening Fae and the ambitious Kingdom), it feels like this world is rich in lore and still has plenty stories to tell.

Would love a sequel with us playing as the King consort to Lissa, getting some kiddos and perphaps getting her to be be open to polyamory? Damn that would be amazing.

5 Likes

I am SO confused. A 3-pepper level smut rating and I got no booty!

2 Likes

That’s an impressive feat! I wasn’t counting but I got… a lot :laughing:

5 Likes

No sex in this one? I was looking at getting it (despite the preexisting relationships, which I typically dislike), since it’s the only 3-pepper HC with an option to play a F!MC, but if there’s no sex, I don’t know where the peppers would come from.

With the male ROs, too, right (just want to make doubly sure!)? Maybe @AnneWest was talking about specific ROs?

There are non-sex options in the romance scenes, but there also absolutely, very much is sex. Honestly, I’m a little confused too, I’m not sure how you avoided it if you weren’t trying to! :smile:

Yes, with the male ROs. With everyone. There is not a lack of sex in this game at all, I promise!

10 Likes

Sweet. As Homer Simpson says, “In the cart…”

@RenataC @resuri08 I’ll try to play over the weekend and let you know if I think it’s something you’d actually like (and if the already existing relationships seem as set and overtly MC-excluding as some of Lunaris’s games).

4 Likes

Oh no big same. Especially in Heart’s Choice games, I hate feeling like spending time with the ROs comes at the cost of achieving my other goals, and I appreciated how easy it was in this game to do both.

9 Likes