The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

It’s a cultural thing.

1 Like

Wait, so knights can’t be created anymore ?
I know there’s 100 of them which is a lot, but it’s difficult to face an entire world that thinks you’re evil with a limited supply of officers

1 Like

I didn’t say that. XD

I used to say there was a hundred of them, but considering their powers, I think having less of them would be better. Especially since it will allow them to have more personality than just ‘those nameless legendary warriors that I have a full battallion of’.

A single one of them is stronger than you were at the beginning of the game, and that’s for the weaker ones. The lords are just plain monsters that could easily threaten entire countries on their own.

The role of the wights isn’t direct command, that is left to less powerful undead lords.

Knights can still be created by the Wight King, but not everyone can be risen as a knight, raising them is also very costly in energy.

2 Likes

Kicking the [insert weak thing for which hoomans have empathy and/or feelings].

There, satisfied? :smirk:

2 Likes

Also @bl00dragon are there any doomsday cults that await the arrival of the WK and think of them as a Messiah ?

Edit: also will the lords and knights immediately bend the knee to the WK and follow him with complete loyalty or can they betray them for personal gain ?
So far out of the 5 lords the only one we know we can trust is Dandelion

3 Likes

It can’t swallow you whole if you swallow it whole first. Also, that’d be my solution as wight king to all magical attacks. Just eat them. Works really well with the CoFW. :smirk_cat: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I don’t think eating fireballs is good for your diet.

Dandelion knows better than to try something like that.

But the four other can be more rebellious, so some of them will have to be convinced or forced to join you.

1 Like

@bl00dragon Also can we name our knights ?
Part of me wants to name them all Alpharius (the same as the WK)

But the elf hater in me wants this to happen

conversation between the WK and a knight

Knight: my lord I was wondering, why did you name that Knight points to a nearby knight Cookie ?
WK: I always thought the world needed more cookies
Knight: thank you, my lord
WK: you’re welcome, Elven genocide

12 Likes

No! They’re not pets they’re hoomans! XD

4 Likes

Why thank you for your agreement. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

images

Ha! Foolish knave, I’m Alpharius, you’re Alpharius, we’re all Alpharius.
Wake up sheeple!

10 Likes

Also @bl00dragon I was rereading the demo and I was wondering, at the end why did Astereus spare the WK ?
To me it seems a mistake to let that an enemy that dangerous to escape.
I know you said the WK was a messiah who fought in the independence war, but I don’t think Astereus could’ve possibly recognized them

1 Like

He hesitated. You should ask him once you get the occasion.

4 Likes

Also I finally found someone I can headcannon as Astereus
Leman Russ from the YouTube series “if the emperor had a text to speech device”
(Minus the blonde? hair and power armor of course)
unnamed
Also could you imagine Astereus talking with that accent ?
"Thank you for sparing them, ye milksop "

2 Likes

Lets be honest WoW was your inspiration, wasn’t it? lol

Good. :smile:

Well, that is a gross over-simplification, but I won’t start on all that. :no_mouth:

Instead, I look forward to see more of this. :blush:

Yeeeeah kinda figured as much :sweat_smile:
Not many things top an ancient undead entirely capable of toppling nation’s and known throughout history as heralds of chaos and destruction.

Oh, heartburn like you wouldn’t believe.

Maybe we’ve got a statue? Honestly I’m curious about that as well. He might have also recognized our name it just took him a while to put it together that we were that one. The fact that he hesitated is interesting, too.
I mean, old hero(?) aside, we’re now very, very undead and currently cohabitating with an ancient evil akin the the Lich King from WOW but possibly worse so…
Definitely looking forward to learning more about the MC’s past

2 Likes

images
While snooping around older posts I found that the MC was dead for only a decade or two and Astereus actually knew them, they just didn’t meet each other many times, also it seems that nobody besides Helena knew what the MC really was.
It’s also worth noting that the last wight king was defeated centuries ago and most records of WKs are gone by the time the MC wakes up, since they became only a tale to frighten children

@bl00dragon could it be that Astereus actually recognized the WK and didn’t know their true nature so he decided to spare them ?

5 Likes

Oh yeah… forgot about that. Hmm
The idea he spared us because he didn’t quite know what he was dealing with is possible but he seems to hesitate regardless of whether or not we go easy on his men and he seems kinda pissed when we murder the crap out them. Maybe just shock from his “holy shit I know you” moment. Who we used to be might have been a decent person worthy of being spared but depending on how you play that person is very clearly dead and gone.
And probably not the sort you want to intentionally spare under any circumstances.

For all we know…we are a ancestor to him…though I much rather believe that we were a paladin or perhaps a brother by blood or battle

2 Likes