The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Ok, so, my dear friends, I was thinking, if your MC’s were in a MMORPG, DnD or any rol-type of game, which class would they be?

Marla would be a tank, no doubt about it. She will always be the first line of defence. You want to get to her people? Over her dead body. I think a tank paladin would be very fitting for her, since, yes, she is a fighter, but she also is a big ass carer, so if her teams some extra health, she will be ready to give a hand on that too.

Astrid would be likely a dps, probably aaaaaaaaa combat rogue (wow spec here). She is very, very, very cheeky. With her high combat and high people skills, I can see her as this rogue that is fucking annoying, but oh gosh, aren’t they charming and fun? How can you be angry with her? :joy:

Irina… Irina would be a demonology warlock. She is cold, dominant, independent and a control freak. Being a warlock would be ideal for her, since then she doesn’t need to relay in anyone else but her own willpower and the demons she controls.

And finally, Iris, the sweet, nerdy cinnamon roll. She would be a restoration druid. She is extremely self sacrificing, but lacks the courage to be a tank and jump in the front, so instead, she will give her everything to look after her team. Still, if the situation is extreme and her tank can not fight any longer, she will use her bear form and protect her group, even if she is terrified doing so.

5 Likes

Heh, so, fun fact. Not only do I have DnD versions of Rin and Samir my LT MC Sonja began her life as a DnD character so this is an easy question.

DnD Samir is a Paladin, but Paladin Samir is more based on my Hero’s Rise verison of Samir than my Wayhaven verison who gets to keep his cinnamon roll-ness. I could see him being a mage or healer, I made him in Dragon Age Inquisition and that’s what he is in that.

I only just made Rin in DnD because the Fighter subclass Samurai came out because, well, I had to, but she’s also more based on her Samurai of Hyuga verison. Still, I see Rin has a fighter, more a fast, damage dealer than a tank. Could probably also do rouge.

Sonja, funny enough, began her life as a ranger, specifically the 5e subclass “Monster Hunter.” … she was a vampire hunter… so, yeah, any class that has crossbows would suit her, or even a wizard.

3 Likes

I don’t know a lot of MMORPGs, but I can actually cheat this a little cause all my Wayhaven detectives are AU versions of some of my DnD characters, so they all already come with classes~

Tanwen, sweet darling Tanwen, is a human cleric (life domain, to be specific). Devoted to a goddess of peace, she technically has a weapon but she relies mainly on her shield, her heavy armour and her magic. A superb healer who’s also good at soaking damage and taking hits so her allies don’t have to, her offensive skills are… basically non-existent.

Jay is also a human cleric! A cleric/paladin multiclass, to be exact. He’s a forge domain cleric, sorta somehow devoted to a god of crafting. Mostly by accident. Listen! One time he made the obligatory offering to that god and the sword he forged started glowing! He doesn’t know what the fuck happened. …Anyway. Jay’s a decent healer and a pretty damn beefy tank who can also lay down some serious damage through both his fighting skills and his magic

Val is a half-elf (wild magic) sorcerer, though they don’t rely on their magic much. They were raised to be a spy, so their strength lies in illusions, charms, disguises, and straight-up being a convincing liar. Not much of a front-line fighter, but their magic can come in very handy for enthralling and distracting enemies, as well as laying down some actually serious damage (mainly through a lot of fire. just. so much fire)

Keiji, last but not least, is a human monk/rogue multiclass (Way of Shadows and assassin subclasses respectively). Not terribly strong (like, at all) but he’s fast and he knows how to hit where it hurts. Will punch a demon in the face. Has punched a demon in the face. Doesn’t wear armour or carry weapons of any kind but still likes to rush straight into the thick of battle and rely on his quick reflexes and a lotta luck to get him through

edit:

same hat~

3 Likes

oohhh i like this question, hmmmm…

Blaire would fall into either the Ranger/Sniper or Cleric classes. He prefers to be on the outskirts of battle looking for ways to help rather than outright fighting, and doesn’t necessarily like having to face enemies head on. He’s the type to look for advantages while everyone else is doing their thing. Archery provides him with that opportunity. He doesn’t like seeing his teammates hurt tho, so he’d be the one buffering and healing all his teammates (and getting angry at UB for just rushing in).

Sienna is maybe an Alchemist? Not necessarily battle ready but has things for battle ready. She’s more book smart than combat smart, so the Alchemist class provides her the opportunity to help by just throwing things at the enemy. Could also consider the Scholar class. She’s super brainy, but doesn’t have the skillset to qualify for other classes.

3 Likes

Alice - warrior tank - would want to fight and suck up the damage for her allies. Would focus on having the most HP.

Emma - battle mage - likes magic/tech aspect but doesn’t want to sit in the background. Would try to be as well rounded as possible

Luca - Bard or Beastmaster - wants a more support role but in general just will take the filler role so everyone is happy. But would be best in a charismatic position

From earlier conversation, Emma would be the only one who could rescue N. She has mom skills like N so it should turn out ok. Luca may be able to talk everyone into calming down but it would be momentarily. Alice would be competing with Adam so it would be a mess.

3 Likes

Fun question…

Dezh (M): She’s a berserker/barbarian/brute, down to her toenails (which is amusing, since she’s like 5’2"). She’s strong as hell for her size (works out constantly to ensure that), throws herself into battle with reckless abandon, and has no fear of death or pain at all. She’s 100% offense all the time (after all, the best defense is a good offense, right?). She’s trained with pretty much every weapon, took martial arts to learn self-control (it didn’t stick that much), and when she gets hurt, she fights even more like an insane person. She’d rather the team sit out and let her take care of it all–or, better yet. pick off people from a distance whilst she beats the hell out of all the enemies that are left.

Nyx (A) is a swashbuckler fighter (picture Isabela from DA). She’s petite, too, (5’3") but she realizes her size is a problem, so she relies on cunning, athleticism, skill, and agility to defeat her opponents. She thinks before she rushes in (not for long, because she’s excellent at assessing the battlefield and picking out weak points in the enemy) and executes whatever plan she develops perfectly or adjusts as needed. She’s far less likely to get injured than Dezh.

Wolfe (N) is a fighter as well, but more of a champion type. She’s not a front liner, but she is a good damage dealer. She kind of combines Dezh’s raw power with Nyx’s perfect execution, without the berserker tendencies or dirty fighting. She’s just that bloody good.

Jax (F) is a rogue, probably a cross between an assassin and thief, since her skills are very evenly divided, in general. She’s fast enough to make up for the fact that she isn’t that strong, and she’s very cunning. And sneaky–she could steal M’s pants without them noticing, then pretend she didn’t and make it believable. She’s kinda hilarious… she’d make an awesome bard, lol.

1 Like

Not that into mmorpgs so the best example would be guess I be dragon age inquisitions tank champion spec

1 Like

Never really played a MMORPG before. But I had played more traditional RPGs, so I’ll go with that (by using the classes of Pillars of Eternity, since it’s been the latest RPG I’ve gotten myself sucked into :joy:).

Lupin White: I can see him either being a Ranger or a Fighter.

Noah A. Wolfe: They’d probably lean more into being a Druid or a Monk.

Edit: Random thing to add, but they were to choose one of the races in Pillars of Eternity, Lupin would be a Moon Godlike (with human origins) and Noah would be a Wild Orlan.

2 Likes

I have edited the question just to add DnD, rol-play etc etc :joy:

3 Likes

I…I don’t know anything specific…I’ve never played DnD and I rarely play MMORPG’s…

Emma would probably not be at all interested in playing…but wind up super addicted if she did. Some sort of battle mage, maybe. She’d like the versatility. Or maybe a rogue or ranger, she’d enjoy strategizing.

Hayden: Barbarian/Berserker/Warrior. Anyone who can brutally murder someone with an over sized hammer. She’s the type to wander into an area twenty levels or so higher then hers and be utterly pissed when she loses. I don’t see her playing much, though.

Cassandra: Healer or Bard. Probably would make an account and never actually play it.

4 Likes

Oh, dang, if the question is what kind of character they would make that’s a different answer.

Samir probably has a billion different characters but I think he would really like mages and bards. Maybe even make a DnD 5e style Warlock. He would like to play lots of different races, dwarves, elves, whatever the out there races of the world is. He would like the role play different personalities.

Rin would probably be super boring and play humans who use swords, maybe a tank if she’s feeling sassy.

Sonja would looooove techy classes. Gunslingers, rouges, maybe wizards. She would pick super weird class and race combinations.

2 Likes

No no, the question is which character would they be if they lived in one of those universes.

But, which character would they make is also a good question!

1 Like

OK, so I only play casually, so I might have some things wrong.

Zoe would be a bard. She loves a good story (which is why it isn’t fair that all the things that happen to her, the things worth telling, are classified), and is better at talking her way out of problems than fighting her way out. If things do come to a fight, well, she can’t cast spells, but science is like magic, right?

She’s the only one I can think of a class for at the moment.

3 Likes

Ilya would be a mage or something closely comparable - ranged with CC and on the DPS spectrum. WoW: Arcane/Frost Mage
Stephan would be a monk, druid, or similar - fairly high DPS, moderately tanky. WoW: Cat-Drood
Auren would be a rogue - high stealth, crazy DPS, poisons, absolute glass canon. WoW: Subtlety or Assassination Rogue
Tadhg would be the priest, cleric, spirit healer, whatever - the dude who makes the broken people not so broken anymore. WoW: Discipline or Holy Priest

3 Likes

Lauren:
DnD: I’m… tentatively saying a spell-focused cleric? Charisma and taking care of people is her thing, and she’s suited for following rules. Her combat is almost the bare minimum to do her job, though. If it weren’t for alignment I would have picked Warlock.
MMO: Some kind of long/mid-range support class. Like an engineer in GW2.
She’d really enjoy playing support and tank classes. She would also have the patience to play a healer, bless her heart.

Kira:
DnD: A dual-wielding ranger. She’s adept at close-combat and the investigative/tracking nature of the class would suit her well. Rogue wouldn’t be far off either.
MMO: Same.
Kira would like playing DPS classes, probably a spell caster because MAGIC. :woman_mage:

2 Likes

Well this is easy: Alex would be a warrior type the kind in heavy armor wielding the biggest sword plus some summon/destruction magic
best comparison would be forgotten realms’ blackguard or wow’s death knights

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but if I can’t roll to investigate for stray cats then what is the point???

A: Detective there’s been word of—
Charlotte: [wearing sunglasses identical to A’s] Yes?
A: …are those my sunglasses?
Charlotte: Hmm? No, I just thought they were cool so I got some of my own!
A: [PLEASE UNPLUG AND REPLUG YOUR AGENT DU MORTAIN]

You thought they were vampires but really they’re just four codependent dorks with sunlight sensitivity.

16 Likes

Oh…uh…
Emma: …I…uh…f…farmer? Maybe blacksmith? I don’t know. I wish I could say guard but she’s not much of a fighter…
Hayden: Guard, Mercenary, or someone who fights for $.
Cassandra: Healer, Scholar, or Teacher.

3 Likes

A: We’re Unit Bravo. We’re an elite team, one of the best in the Agency. We take great pride in-
F: A, wheres N?
A: …
F: start freaking out
A: internal screaming
M: smokes slightly more quickly than normal

17 Likes

Wow… It’s been a while since I last played a MMORPG game. Currently more updated with SRPGs. I would probably use Fire Emblem Awakening’s classes

Alexa : She will probably like the Tactician class a lot due to versatility since this class is well verse with both a combat physical and magic. Promoted class is called Grandmaster, uses both Sword and Tome

Lisbeth: Mage (promote to Sage or Dark Knight), has high Resistance and Magic but average Defense or Dark Mage (promotes to Sorcerer or Dark Knight) able to use Dark Spells and high Defense and Resistance but less Magic.

Teresa : Myrmidon (Sword Fighter), has superior Speed and Skill stats, often do critical attacks.

Quoting from FE Wikia

Should a Myrmidon be attacked by slower units, especially a Fighter or Brigand, they are often able to kill or heavily damage their enemy in a single counterattack due to the consistency that they display in inflicting critical attacks.

Promoted class is either Swordmaster or Assassin

Surina : Mercenary promotes to Hero or Bow Knight, leaning more to Bow Knight. XD

Quoting the FE wikia again

possess balanced stats, replete with high HP, Strength and Skill, alongside decent Speed and Defense.

3 Likes