The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Aha this is so cute and probably how it will end up with my detective. Lol at M’s reaction.

clicks tongue in annoyance

MC: What’s wrong?

N: Nothing, my pen ran out of ink.

MC: I’ll go get you another one.

N: oh, no, don’t trouble yourself. I’ll get it.

MC: You’ve been working on those reports for hours, the least I can do is get you a pen.

N: You act as if you haven’t been working just as hard. You’ve barely had a moment to sit today. I can handle my own writing utensil.

MC: N, please, you went to get me the stapler earlier, let me return the favor—

M: dives out of the nearest glass window

43 Likes

So yesterday I read all of the posts about UB forgetting the MC long after their death, got really sad, recovered, went to bed, then came up with more scenarios that made me really sad again.

I figured I should spread the sadness around because misery loves company

I imagine A would try their best to repress all their memories of the MC as a defense mechanism

Upon realizing that they’ve just forgotten the last thing they remembered about the MC, they’d probably start an internal monologue along these lines:
A: You’ve finally done it. The last shred of memory you have of the detective is gone. And it hurts just as much as when you found out they passed. Ironic, isn’t it? All this time you’ve been trying to put them out of your mind to avoid the pain of thinking about it, but now that they’ve vacated it for good, it’s unbearable. Why did you ever think it would work? How could you disrespect them like that? After all, they brought you more happiness than what you thought was possible, and in return, you forget their entire existence?

I feel like N would have promised the MC that they would never forget them

I…I can’t remember them anymore. I promised that I would not forget them, but I failed. Again. Just like all those times I failed to protect them, or the time I failed to turn them supernatural. If only I worked harder, then maybe the detective would still be alive…
They were so incredible. They could have picked anyone in the world, but they chose me, and all I have to remember them by is a trail of broken promises…

F would probably be reminded of what they lost when they crossed over from the Echo World

F: First, I lost my friends, family, and home when I fell through the portal. Then I lost the detective. Now I’ve lost my memories of them. What am I gonna lose next? The Agency? The rest of my unit?

The MC is likely going to be M's first love, and that'll probably change them quite signficantly

It’s been so long, the only thing I can remember is that I used to be so different. I can’t even remember in what way, but the cause of the change was them, I’m sure of it. They made me feel things I used to make fun of when I saw them in other people, but now that I’ve experienced them first hand…
The detective changed me, for the better probably, and I’m so grateful that I forgot what they looked like.
[punches nearest wall]
Why couldn’t they have been supernatural? They’d still be around and I wouldn’t have to deal with all this crap. It’s so damn unfair.

Sera please let the MC become immortal in some way, I wouldn’t be able to handle the ending otherwise :sob::sob:

12 Likes

:eyes:

MC: N…is there something you want to tell me?

N: …

N: …

N: Nope.

24 Likes

There’s not really a physical effect in any way. More emotionally stressful and psychologically so, especially for some supernaturals who can’t handle the transistion well!

9 Likes

Color me really intrigued here…

@Seraphinite Will we learn about this stuff on Nate’s route?

5 Likes

In that case…if F had been a human, would F have survived the Transition? :thinking: They’re…really not great at handling emotionally-stressful situations, so…crap, now I’ve made myself sad.

5 Likes

uhh may I ask what does that mean? I don’t really get it. Sorry, English is not my first language :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great question!

I have no idea.

I’m taking it as N may have had a time in their life where they were pretty much M in terms of relationships and I don’t know how to feel about that.

Excited?
Nervous?
Very excited?
Very nervous?
I just don’t know.
Both, probably.

16 Likes

you think N used to be like M?? NOW I AM VERY INTRIGUED!

3 Likes

That’s not exactly what Sera said, and I could be misunderstanding, but that’s how I understood it.

1 Like

I know all that niceness have something dark hidden underneath!!

2 Likes

You know, I’m not actually sure :smiley: There will possibly be discussions of past relationships and things, but I’m not certain N would be comfortable sharing those moments of meaningless indulgence.

@Marceline_Reyes - It just means N has had intimate encounters where feelings haven’t been so much involved. This isn’t because they have or have ever had a mind-set like M, lol! It’s more complicated for N :wink:

32 Likes

now i am very curious! super excited for thr next book!

Look, guys, N being a thot is interesting but-

F: Yeah but the horse guy looks like he needs a friend, he was lonely over in the corner by himself.

CAN WE ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW FREAKING CUTE F IS THO??

15 Likes

MC: Are you sure you don’t have something to tell me?

N:

oh%20hell%20naw

N: [running far away] Who we are in the past should not be used as a basis for judging who we are in the present!

26 Likes

Yeah, but would they have died in during the Transition if they had been a human-born vampire??? Would this cuteness have survived, Sera???

8 Likes

@Mewsly asking the important questions!

I love it! :heart:

10 Likes

Nate/Nat. They’re very calm and would stay very still if the MC rested on them!

(Mwahahaha, the perfect trap.)

MC: [using N as a pillow] So…let’s talk about our sexual experiences.

N: :eyes: :sweat_drops:

24 Likes

Of course they would. You couldn’t have Wayhaven without F so they have to survive! Right?

… right? :cold_sweat:

sips tea nervously

——

F would want to re-watch it and try to get the songs down, lol.

F IS THE ONLY ONE WITH GOOD TASTE

10 Likes

I… I :heart: grumpy M. LOL

22 Likes