The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I am here, rubbing my hands, thinking on all of you who play the love triangle thinking you know who you will end with.

I can’t wait to see the books advance and see how people struggle more and more to make a choice between the two.

Oh sweet pain.

17 Likes

I already know who i’ll pick. It’s just a matter of time :grin:

well, people change and i might change my mind, but it is unlikely

2 Likes

Wait for Sera to drop some bombs that will stumble your beliefs, my friend :eyes:

4 Likes

That’s what multiple playthroughs are for!! To help soothe the pain…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure my girl Tanwen’s going to end up with Nat and her attraction to Ava is going to end up unresolved (as Tanwen is a naive sweetheart and honestly, at this point Ava intimidates her more than a little), but if that does end up changing you’ll be the first to know~ i’d be v excited for it tbh! means we’re gonna be learning things about the characters i hadn’t suspected/expected and that’s a fun thing to look forward to

5 Likes

Now that everyone is rested, Mom wants to share why she loves the LT.

Mom: Adam’s uncertainty and distress whenever he sees the detective flirting with Nate is delicious. I just want to see him emotionally destroyed. Never able to love again. If it makes his friendship with Nate awkward, or better yet, makes him shun Nate and the detective, bonus!

Edit:
I told her their bromance was too strong.

Mom: Listen, N and A being separated by their love for the same person is my personal head cannon. I don’t care. They can be reunited after their love dies, if you want, but the specter of the love found and lost, either to their friend or death, will always be between them. That’s just the way it is. So Momma wills.

12 Likes

me @ ur mom:

27 Likes

See… the only reason I can even entertain the idea of the Love Triangle is the knowledge that A and N’s friendship can’t be torn apart by it.

Their friendship is too important and must be protected.

16 Likes

IT IS. I could go on forever about their friendship. It’s so lovely.

7 Likes

Yep. I have a feeling my Felix game is going to be the only thing that soothes the bloody mess the Mason and Adam games leave behind… just wish I could get more into Wolfe’s game with Nate, since I figure comparing his route to A and M’s is like comparing having the world’s best massage to being beaten to death with a baseball bat, lol. And the LT would be even worse!

@Hannah_Minger Your mother frightens me… though I’d love to see her tear Bobby’s world to shreds!

1 Like

Hey Hannah, I was wondering, did your mom came from the Echo World, Hell, or was she born among humans?

:joy:

5 Likes

She plans to have her detective flirt with him, then say, and I quote, “no way, hoe-se[sic]” and then cuddle with vampires in front of him.

@Meira_Litch AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
She’s from wherever M is from that made them so cynical and misanthropic.

For the people who are doing the LT, what are your detective’s motivations? Like, is it ‘whoops, I’m in love with two people,’ ‘I was trying to screw with A, but oops I like N now too,’ or ‘A’s emotionally unavailale, let’s try something else while failing to let go of other feelings’?

7 Likes

First of all i am picking A over N at the end. I might change my mind, but i doubt it. I decided it was going to be A before the end of the first book :grin:

I…um, i am like your mother…

I really like what your mother said, like she took what i was thinking and put it into words…

But i also I find A and N’s strong bromance adorable! And LT gives me so much bromance angst i can’t even! The way A looks at MC and N is delicious. A loves his friend N like a brother/sister, but also feels a constant pull towards MC and those feelings clash inside of them and all this makes them suffer. It makes them hurt. I love it :smile:

Long story short i love intense feelings be it romance, bromance or angst and the love triangle has all of them in large quantities! i’d even take hate as long as it’s intense enough

Plot twist: I was @Hannah_Minger’s mother all this time! …jk, i am not …or am i? dun dun dun

5 Likes

For Tanwen it’s the first, albeit not quite as realised. She falls hard and fast for Nat, because her combination of genuine, open kindness and caring and suave flirting are just way too much for Tanwen, Useless Lesbian Extraordinaire. Her usual route is just with Nat, but then I needed someone to play the LT route with and she became my unfortunate victim.

Tanwen’s feelings for Ava are… complicated. She’s intimidated by her and drawn to her in equal measure (she got Ava for the patrol scene and let me tell you, poor tanwen was So Flustered when ava wrapped her up in her scarf all nice and cozy). She’s been in relationships before but it’s never been the kind of… intense attraction that Ava brings with her, so combined with the intimidation and it’s a confusing mess of feelings

Add onto that how Tanwen is way too sweet and nice and concerned with hurting other people’s feelings for her own good and you’ve got yourself a wonderfully painful love triangle in the making, with dear Tanwen trying to figure out her own feelings while also not wanting to hurt or reject anyone, but then Nat is so sweet and she loves her and Ava still seems to dislike her but she can’t deny their chemistry either and it’s ??

3 Likes

So, I attempted to do the love triangle, made it through, but I don’t like my detective for it and will have to scavenge the depths of my character dossier to find someone who fits in well, but when I do, I’ll let you know who they are and why they do it.

The run I did, my detective was drawn to A, but also doesn’t cope well with their own emotions, and they LIKED N, so when N was interested and A didn’t seem to be… The problem with that one is that the detective was fundamentally just not that into N romantically.

4 Likes

@Celtic_Rune This is really well thought out and I love Tanwen now.

1 Like

you’re a sweetheart <3 and hey, in case you want to see more of Tanwen (mostly nat and tanwen being disgustingly sweet at each other), boy do I have a fic for you to check out. A Storybook Kind Of Romance, where the love triangle doesn’t exist and it’s all fluff

2 Likes

I haven’t made up my mind what character I want for the love triangle. I imagine though it will be someone similar to Emma only more willing to take on the Adam challenge. She’d have Nate’s positivety virus, wanting to be Adam’s friend and gain his trust. She’d start dating Nate right away but when Adam started showing signs of attraction that’s when things would become messy.

Still, the only thing I think would turn her away from Nate would be the ‘save the world or save the MC’ type of decision. If Nate showed that there was a limit to his love while Adam showed there was no limit, that would turn her towards him. And that would be so damn painful for Nate I imagine. Not looking forward to that possibility.

2 Likes

I just want to say that I am scared of your mom and fear for A’s future. I am a huge A fan so seeing them hurt just hurts me. ;~;

12 Likes

Hey @rose-court !!

Check this out! :smirk:

11 Likes