The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

It kind of depends on what other things that Detective MC will possibly go through in the later Books of Wayhaven. At the moment though:

Lupin White: While having great People Skills and Technological Knowledge, he was only really a decent enough fighter to handle normal foes. He ended up developing Deduction skills more during the case, and he ended up using his silver tongue to lull Murphy into a false sense of security long enough to get the psycho captured. He wasn’t too keen about how unprepared he was to handle an supernatural enemy, so he’d probably start taking up physical training more. Personality-wise, there’s a chance he might lose some of his postive thinking and his relationship with Rebecca might fluctuate quite a bit.

Noah A. Wolfe: Funny thing about this pint-sized Detective is they’re very talented in most of their skills. They are an ace at Deduction, have a deep understanding of Technology, and have a natural strength that gives their Combat Skills a strong edge against even supernatural opponents (It’s how they took down Murphy in fact). BUT WOW DO THEIR PEOPLE SKILLS SUCK (and I don’t see them all that inclined to improve that skillset any time soon). Don’t see them changing too much either (strikes me as someone who’d always move at the beat of their own drum). Maybe being around Unit Bravo will come to make them more inclined to work cooperatively in a team though.

Yay, new thread!

As my MC isn’t as combat-oriented as others, he’d want to focus a bit more on that. While he’s grateful for the assistance from the team, he doesn’t want to be too reliant on them. And he doesn’t want to be the puny human among the vampires.

Personality-wise, he could stand to be a bit more optimistic about himself. He’d hate to be cocky, but he could use a dose of self-confidence. Overall, though, nothing too different.

Hmm, I’m not sure if this counts as a personality change, but I can imagine Henriette becoming less awkward and better at flirting (hopefully)… Because she is currently like:

MC: * flirts with someone from UB *
Someone from UB: * flirts back *
MC: Oh shit, I never thought I would get this far. What am I supposed to do now?
MC:

Henriette would no doubt get a red Ferrari 488, if for no other reason than to race Felix - she is mischievous that way.

7 Likes

holy shit y’all. I dropped off the forum for a while after i missed about 2000 messages in… a couple days? in the last thread, but this seems like a good occasion to say hi and jump back in (and try and keep up this time,) cause this fandom does seem like a lovely place to be~ and just so i actually have something of substance to say:

Val, one of my detectives, is actually a pretty good hand at fixing up cars. They’ve spent a lot of time keeping their old baby running reasonably well, but in their spare time they’re slowly fixing up a motorcycle! which will not feature in wayhaven ever but y’know, that’s why it’s a running project

I’m not planning on skill changes, though that might still happen depending on how the story unfolds. There’ll likely be some growth in personalities but nothing that I think will reflect in stats, other than their relationship with Rebecca (and, really, mainly Keiji’s relationship with Rebecca cause right now it’s, not great and i’m hoping they can find some common ground over the length of the books)

Edit: and here’s why I should read things through before I post. @rose-court not sure if it’s okay for me to tag you for this, but if I could snag an invite to the nsfw thread that’d be lovely

6 Likes

For reference, tagging me to get an invite to the NSFW PM thread is a-ok by me!
Just know that I’m not always on, and besides that, there’s a bunch of others on the thread who can send invites, so that’s why I didn’t specify needing to tag anyone in the first post.
All that’s necessary is to express interest, and someone will come around to invite you! :slight_smile:

Also, glad to have you back, @Celtic_Rune

Edit from the future:

There is a NSFW thread now!

2 Likes

I did, I did! I promise I passed out right after I posted that. Scout’s honor.

And it got cropped out in that screenshot, but she did, in fact, preface her text with “Nom nom tasty angst.”

The LT is her favorite. Basically the first time she played it, Adam infuriated her and her Detective, so Angstaraptor has made it her life’s goal to torment him.

5 Likes

But yeah, I can see the poor MC passing out and M being like, ‘Oh yeah, I still got it’, haha :smiley:

Oh, M.

16 Likes

Somebody needs to tell M that if their partner passes out, they have to stop kissing, and do they want that? I don’t think so. Think this through, M.

10 Likes

Sure its fun for the first few seconds when you’re like “yeaaaah, I’m the smooch master” but then you’re just sitting there next to someone unconscious that you could be smooching right now.

You played yourself, M.

I also just want to appreciate that not only did I get post 69 but I used that post to talk about M. Seems fitting

16 Likes

Yeah, and then Rebecca finds out and lectures M. And we all know how much M hates it when Rebecca lectures them–they spend much of Book One avoiding it (or sulking because she snapped at them).

5 Likes

Can someone add me too in the NSFW thread please?
For research purposes of course :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sera is way too cruel. She just loves to rub it in our faces :joy:

@Celtic_Rune I’m glad to have you back! I did miss you on the forum, thought you left or something :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s good to be back! <3 I did leave for a while, and I kept telling myself that any day now I’ll catch up on those 2000 messages but then it became 4000 and then more and I realised that hm. no. not gonna happen. But now there’s a new topic and a fresh start, so I’m back~

7 Likes

Hello! So i was doing LT route again! Like @Hannah_Minger’s mother, it’s my favourite route :smiley: But i see a lot of people that do not like it so i was wondering how many people like the LT route. So, this is my first poll you guys :smiley:

• I like/enjoy the love triangle route!
  • I played it, my feels got crushed, never again!
  • I’ll play it only when all 7 books are out! …and then go back and do A and N’s route so i will stop feeling bad…
  • Love triangle route? What love triangle route? I can’t hear you! LALALALALA!

0 voters

5 Likes

I’ll be frank… I don’t like the LT trope much because I feel like I am leading the other RO on since I favor RO A more than RO B.

I made TWC an exception because of Sera but I will not be able to do that route for a long time since I plan to wait for all the books to be release before tackling the LT route.

7 Likes

The love triangle route makes me feel so guilty, especially since I know I’m not ever gonna have my detectives choose A over N. I mean, starting a relationship with someone, only to watch them slowly drift away from you and end up with your best friend? Ouch!

Like, I tried, got all the way to the bar, and then gave up.

I’ll just sit on the sidelines and watch all you heartbreakers go about your business. I’ll just be here with my “seven brands of nice” detectives and die from third-hand guilt.

15 Likes

I did try it once figuring Book 1 couldn’t be too bad yet…

So yeah, I’m going to wait for all the books to come out now :upside_down_face: And do two playthroughs, one for N and one for A

2 Likes

Alice is already adept at combat so she’d want to become superhuman at combat. She’d never want to be in the previous situation again, nor want any of her friends down on their last leg. If there’s an opportunity, she’ll spend a lot of time practicing with Adam.

Emma will probably get better at tech because she knows she’ll need it around Nate. She’ll see it as the most useful skill considering there’s no real technological wizard in the current unit.

Luca will probably want to develop some skill at combat since he’s currently hovering around zero but then may accidentally be murdered by Morgan while sparring lol.

2 Likes

I played the love triangle route, my feels got crushed, and i look forward to doing it all again when book 2 comes out :ok_hand:

but seriously, I had to liveblog the playthrough to a friend just to deal w the emotions and I have another playthrough with that detective where she ends up with N immediately (as she’s going to end up with N in the LT route eventually as well). I don’t have too much trouble being cruel to A yet considering we don’t know them all that well and the ‘defrosting the ice queen’ trope they play into isn’t really my speed, but we’ll see how it goes when we get to know everyone better and emotions start to develop

…i predict lots of yelling in my future

3 Likes

I did not play the LT route and I doubt that I ever will since I have 0 interest in Adam

5 Likes