The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Also just because your legally an adult doesn’t mean you are mentally it’s all about experience and I’m sure we can all agree Douglas has none he’s a rich kid who hasn’t gone through anything really, it’s why my mom beat me up so much as a baby just grabbed my legs and spun me around in the air.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I didn’t know Bobby is a RO…

1 Like

Really? I thought it was only the four

Bobby isn’t a RO it’s only Team Bravo.

3 Likes

Then someone said that Bobby tries to kiss MC. What happens if MC lets them?

Bobby is not a “true” RO, but if you take his path there is a possible kiss :face_vomiting:

@WarMaster999 Let’s move this to the General thread if you have any further questions, since it’s a book two event. But basically you can kiss him back, stand there shocked, or push him away (I think this last option avoids the kiss altogether).

1 Like

Ah okay

I personally didn’t see him as quilting the MC into staying but whatever it’s subjective. I wasn’t saying he was rich so he can get away with it I don’t even know how what I said could imply that I was saying he was rich so he hasn’t had much experience in life maybe read my comment again I was talking about how being legally an adult doesn’t make you one mentally and I said he was a rich guy who hasn’t had expireience in anything when your rich you don’t worry about the roof over your head or what your going to eat next week at least someone’s whose rich like him wouldn’t.

2 Likes

To be fair, Douglas has been sheltered and coddled like a baby his whole life, with an indifferent dad and a god-knows-what mom. So he can be excused a little bit for not knowing the fact that stalking your boss just because you have a crush on them is NOT cool.

However…if he keeps on with that behavior in the future and has no noteworthy character development whatsoever, he’s going to invite a lot more criticisms then. And there’s nothing we can say to defend him from that.

10 Likes

I do not think this is a bug, in all honesty. The way I see it is that unlike Falk (an adjusted individual minus his whole justice thing), Douglas doesn’t seem to be aware enough to notice that the Detective is not interested, lesbian or not, therefor I don’t think he would change it unless very bluntly told.

5 Likes

Speaking from a male experience, I think Douglas is endearing in his attempts to imitate the Detective. It’s like having a little brother. I mean, he can even hug you at the Carnival, how sweet is that?

With that being said, I read somewhere that he sniffs the female Detective’s hair and yeah, I imagine that would get creepy pretty quickly.

3 Likes

His crush on female Detective is very creepy, but I am looking forward to getting past that and hopefully change it into some kind of mentorship. So far I am trying to redirect his attention, and I do feel for him considering his home situation, but he needs to learn to behave in an appropriate way.

3 Likes

It’s actually pretty fun.
First, Bobby will kiss the MC and tell them to go get comfortable at which point you can decide that you will have sex them, tell them to go or you can call Tina or Verda to dissuade you from going through with it.
Regardless of what you choose, you’ll overhear Bobby on the phone telling someone that they’re just there to pump you for information and the sex would just be a nice plus. The MC will be angry and the maa-lused will attack.

When you take Bobby to the warehouse, Farah will ask you why you were alone with someone at night in your apartment. If you tell the team that Bobby is your ex, the ROs will each have a unique reaction.

Ava breaks something, Nat gives a really scandalized “Her!?” and I don’t remember what Morgan and Farah do.

1 Like

Yes exactly much agreed you got my point across better then I did.

@MisterJB Do we see more of Bobby after that?

1 Like

Can he? It’s not like he was homeschooled, he went to highschool. I’m pretty sure he’d learn it’s not acceptable to stalk anybody just because you’re interested in them.

5 Likes

We don’t know that, do we?

I’m not saying Douglas shouldn’t be bashed. He should be bashed; stalking isn’t cool in any situation. You guys are free to bash him as much as you like. I think that he should be given a little leeway for now (as in for Book 3). If he doesn’t develop as a character, he can be bashed as much as anyone like and I won’t lift a finger to defend him.

3 Likes

No we don’t, but until we’re told so I’m going to assume he did. Personally doubt the Mayor had him homeschooled and then make him work at a precinct.

Yeah, Falk’s hitting on lesbian MCs was just a bug but Douglas is supposed to be That Straight White Guy who sexually harasses women at work.

6 Likes

You can report bugs on all games, not just Wayhaven, by emailing:

support@choiceofgames.com.

3 Likes