The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

6 very slightly different shades of color clothing
And 3 slightly different thread count and one has 1 extra button verses the normal 2. These are all serious differences huffs :neutral_face:
Super not the same really… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yeah, you guys are pretty spot on :smiley: A doesn’t have much variety past cargo trousers and plain t-shirts. Practical and plain. So very exciting, lol!

If you want good style, you probably have to look more towards N, and even F at times :wink:

23 Likes

A needs some shopping therapy it helps the brooding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Update

It’s Friday, which means it’s Update Day! Yay! :smiley:

So, I finished Chapter 16! It actually wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was just a lot of split scenes, which are time consuming- but each had the same basic structure to them, so that made it a lot smoother.

When I told my mum I was this far in, she reminded me that I’m only 5 chapters from the end.

5 CHAPTERS! That’s it :smiley: I can count them down on one hand! It’s nice to realise I really am getting somewhere with this, lol. I can definitely start to see the light at the end!

I also finally got to introduce something in Chapter 16 which will play a part throughout the series- something not so beneficial for the vampires- and also it hinted at something that will be a big plot point (especially for the MC) later in the books as well. Just tiny hint, but it’s there :wink:

Chapter 17 is another split scene one, so it might take a while. But hopefully, it will go just as smoothly as Chapter 16 ended up being.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and I’ll speak to you all on Monday! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, someone asked me on Tumblr what would the vampires be if they took a ‘What Mythical creature would you be?’ quiz. So I took one, and A got vampire- which I thought was pretty hilarious and might be something that would give you guys a chuckle!

N got Dragon. F got Fairy. M got Elf.

69 Likes

Well he does seem like the type to have some cool clothes that he never actually wears.

Hmmm…I thought Adam prefers pants inspired by military fatigues instead of jeans. :thinking:

Probably true.

He may have some variety in his coats though, the things he throws on the mc and coincidentally the item of clothing that is easiest to borrow.

Inquiring minds want to know does Adam use a lot of accessories, like rings, earrings, watches/bracers, etc? Like the other poster suggested?

He currently isn’t even trying and is still the best-looking guy, imho, in a team of super-sexy vampire guys. Now imagine if the mc makes him start trying again eventually.

I do like Nate too, but more as a super cool bestie then an ro. Of course there is the possible triangle with him and Adam for the mc, so I’ll definitely try that out (and his romance too of course).
However Nate doesn’t have a great moment in the beginning where the mc instantly establishes a connection with him right away, like we can do when taking aim at Adam.

2 Likes

Holy crap 5?! The final stretch is upon you! You’ve come so very far in such a short time, Sera! I’m so excited for you and even more excited to know that the first book could be in my hands (er…phone) in just a couple months if things go smoothly!!

6 Likes

Y’alls act like that’s a bad thing :grinning:

The horror. :stuck_out_tongue:
Though I suppose men’s office “fashion” is kind of like that, at least for me. Since the only colours allowed seem to be dark blue, gray and charcoal. Still I mostly mix it up with different shirts and ties.
Of course if you’ve seen our judicial robes, you’d know that sort of “uniformity” that is about 200 years out-of-date, and not in the good way, is a bad thing cause those things look good on nobody.

I do think Adam has more variation in his wardrobe, probably bought for him by Nate and maybe Felix, not that he’d normally wear it, but Nate does seem the type to try and coax him occasionally and as the story progresses so will my mc. :wink:

1 Like

I’m really jealous of men’s T shirts they have the best designs Dx I can’t wait to find a boyfriend and steal his shirts!! (My MC would definitely do that IF ADAM HAD MORE SHIRTS)

5 Likes

I thought of jeans admittedly because of how sturdy denim is – which seems like a practical choice all things considered – but stylistically, as Sera pointed out, cargo pants most definitely

Well am sure Adam would have lots of feels seeing the MC in their place wearing his shirts (domestic feelings abound and Adam trying to not let MC know – too much at least – how much this affects him)

Okay, what the heck. You are on fire!

8 Likes

I got this ‘dope’ shirt with a cat wearing aviators, and space in the reflection. It’s probably my favorite shirt great for every occasion

1 Like

Yes I know that design!! I want silly shirts like that but no luck :sob: what the heck I’m going to buy extra small male shirt and pretend it’s a present :sushing_face:

2 Likes

I cannot believe that I only just now caught this:

Punctuation

Quotation marks for no speech action.

2 Likes

When the group wouldn’t even let you finish speaking on that first meeting in your office:

com-optimize

52 Likes

Aawww my baby Nate would be a cute dragon.

1 Like

Hey love the demo! You’re a very creative writer and have my full support going forward!

Also: any story I can be a sarcastic asshole is a good story

6 Likes

Oh my god! Update?! I love you! Thank you for your hard work!!!

1 Like

The question I think about when I hear that is do they refer to the fae, or the Disney branding
One of the few things that is of myth that makes me nervous is the possibility of a fae being real getting upset at me. I kinda slightly believe in fae folk growing up hearing bits and pieces of the wild hunt and fae cultural myth.

Either way fae or fairy it just makes me like F more
And I will try not to laugh at the “Spock” assessment, and resist my urge to pat N on the head. I’ll get A a Team Jacob T-Shirt to be funny…and then hug him.

3 Likes

Quite fitting for them.

1 Like