The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (WIP)

@AChubbyBlackCat - No, they won’t automatically react. I don’t like the idea of that. Someone might be super sarcastic in general, but in certain situations they may be vary caring- I want to imitate that as much as possible in this series, so you will always have a choice when possible. I also want to allow for people to have their characters maybe change if they want, so say, in the beginning the MC is casual to start with, but then they find out about the supernatural world, and they become more serious about things. So, the choice responses will always be given, and nothing about that will ever be assumed.

@Punchysporkk - No, definitely not, don’t worry! Babies aren’t even factored into my plans :slight_smile: I mean, I have some ideas about discussions of families and future with LI’s, but nothing past that. If it comes into play at all, it will likely be as an ending, like @squarelyblue said.

Quick Update

I’ve managed to get past a bit I was stuck with on Chapter 5. Apparently Chapter 5 is a toughie for me to write :smiley:
But, I’m also looking closer at the stats. Think I’m going to try and use opposing stats and percentages, instead of simple numbers. I like how that works better. The stats were building too quickly (because I usually have a stat change with nearly every choice), where as with percentage or opposed, it’s easier to balance that.

Hope everyone is doing well :slight_smile:

27 Likes

I have one more paper till summer vacation and that feels like a slow crawl that never ends :A;

On more speculative feels though, am trying to imagine confession scenes and all point to: it would have been funny if it weren’t so tragic/cringe worthy (like watching a train wreck)

2 Likes

What’s the point in romancing someone who is going to outlive you and go on? I think i will pass on being a footnote in someone else’s personal history.

1 Like

I say it right now: I opt for free choice of attire no matter the gender (like in Children of Gods)!

6 Likes

Indeed, I either have to be able to be a vampire or my darling Farah will be nothing but a bittersweet memory. Given that I’m not immortal.

Even if i don’t live forever, i would still love to date vampires since i live in now. and if i can’t live forever, that gives me more reasons for me to date someone i love either vampire or not.

just because my lover lives forever and i will die, that doesn’t mean i will become a footnote to my lover’s life. memories with me can be one of the greatest treasures that my lover will continue to keep.

even if my lover can’t remember me much anymore after so many centuries, that doesn’t mean my lover didn’t love me. my lover loved me and forgetting memories after so many years is natural. and if forgetting me helps my lover to love again and therefore be happy again, then so be it.

well, at least that’s what i think.

20 Likes

You are like, an incredibly positive person.
Props, (no sarcasm I swear)

4 Likes

The worst thing for me is not that MC will die and the RO will outlive them, but it will happen in a way they can’t share with the RO. It’s not really growing old together, it’s one perso growing old and the other one basically having nothing else to as to watch. And even if MC is totally content with growing old and dying becaise that’s just what happens and it’s okay, they still can’t share this expirience with the RO.
And that’s a little bit sad.

The same for the RO as they can’t really share many things with the MC that come from being immortal, yes, they can tell them about it, and for some things that’s enough, but depending on the person it may feels like there will always be a barrier between them and their loved one. (I mean could be a reason for some immortals to just avoid humans, it sounds like a difficult situation for both partners.)

…I’m sorry I sometimes have a tendency for melancholically musings.

13 Likes

I’m coming from the “I would never put someone I love through something like that”

Okay, but that trail of thought is a little bit belittling for the loved one? I can understand if a person decides for themself to not want to suffer through that, but deciding that for the other person is just…eh, leaves a bad taste for me. (I mean if somebody would come at me with that as reasoning to not start a relationship I wouldn’t even want to have a relationship with that person anymore, because it’s just insulting and I also don’t buy it. It’s not about the loved one getting hurt it’s about yourself not wanting to get hurt. And that’s okay, but at least be honest)

And I also can understand the attitude to say: Just go for it. After all relationships aren’t easy, there is no happy ever after, it’s constantly working to keep things going, and that’s the point: To make the decision to want this with that/those person/people even if it’s difficult. And sure some relationships are easier than others but I think it’s naive to expect things will just go easy and that oneself will never hurt their loved one, because that’s impossible. But yeah, maybe that’s just my personal opinion about relationships.

4 Likes

I think for me this is a unique case, in a life without immortal vampires I have the exact same viewpoint as you, that if I have some problem or the other person does we can decide on a case by case basis about it. If it’s something we can or want to go through or what have you, when you get into territory or immortal vs mortal I mean…it’s difficult.
I mean on one hand it’s awesome to have this idea of the tragic love story of a vampire watching the one they love waste away and turn to dust. On the other if two immortals got together I mean even then think about how often peoples personalities change or shift? So many relationships in real life end due to one partner changing who they are over time, I imagine when time is essentially infinite for you that gets cranked up.

We can’t even transform into a monster in this story. I am envious on their abilities in fact, here i hope i get to kill as many of them as possible then. :grinning:

Either way I guess it’s ALL ABOARD THE PAIN TRAIN. But I can’t wait to see where this story goes, I haven’t stopped thinking about this WIP in 3 weeks lmao

1 Like

If it’s a tragic story depends on ones perspective I guess? After all if they stayed with them till the end I guess their feelings were really deep, so they had at least as much time as possible. …I also don’t mainly look from the position of the vamps at it. We know they had various relationships in the past so I guess they are used to losing people and coping with it.
For the MC it was living their live and having the person they loved stay with them till the end, even if MC grew old and stuff, so for them it’s a happy story.

4 Likes

I do not find anything happy in being weak and dying, and being forgotten and replaced.

1 Like

Yeah, but I clearly wasn’t talking about you or your character. That’s what I meant with perspective. Also people are growing old and die (sometimes without the former), that’s just what happens. Deal with it.

Maybe in the game you can life your fantasy of immortality. Who knows.

1 Like

I’m curious to see the different endings, real life is bittersweet. I do appreciate you giving your viewpoint. It did make me think on relationships more than I have in a while, and while I still feel like vampire + person is messy. Messy isn’t necessarily a bad thing

3 Likes

Messy seems to be a synonym for human in my expirience :wink:

1 Like

I think its a consequence of the remarkably popular view that being emotionally healthy is bad.

Believe me, you can be emotionally healthy and things still get messy. Sometimes things just happen.

(And I think the problem is more that many people are not aware that the way they act is not emotionally healthy, or try to not get aware of it, considering the social stigma related to mental illness and making a therapy)

7 Likes